Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Apparently there is a #0 too but it sounds like it's like a Director's Cut of #1.

edit: Looks like Pat Thomas put the cover art for 0 in his last post! Thanks!
    Last edited by JLS Comics; 04-17-2015 at 05:33 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Stacy View Post
    Apparently there is a #0 too but it sounds like it's like a Director's Cut of #1.
    It's worth it for the cover alone. I might go pull it out later and see if it adds anything to the story. It's been a few years since I read it.

I love it, its wonderful and reading Earth X after it is like doing a perfect combo.

BANNED

edit: Looks like Pat Thomas put the cover are for 0 in his last post! Thanks!
    If it's what I'm thinking of it's a short prelude/interlude to #1 from the Torch's POV. I don't remember it being full-length.

Fantastic! Thanks everyone for the insight and sugestions. I'm going to hunt this down now for sure.
    Here's your hardcover:
    http://mycomicshop.com/search?q=Marv...N&TID=25707989

But here's a far more affordable TPB (1st edition, 2nd printing):
    http://mycomicshop.com/search?TID=607601
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

This mini-series has been reprinted a number of times, in hardcover and paperback, including a recent expensive and huge Platinum Edition -- which Amazon lists with a scale picture.

I haven't seen that one, but for the price, I think it will be hard to beat the 10th Anniversary hardcover edition which comes jam packed with as many pages of extras, as there are comic -- about 200 pages each. It's also OHC.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    This mini-series has been reprinted a number of times, in hardcover and paperback, including a recent expensive and huge Platinum Edition -- which Amazon lists with a scale picture.

I haven't seen that one, but for the price, I think it will be hard to beat the 10th Anniversary hardcover edition which comes jam packed with as many pages of extras, as there are comic -- about 200 pages each. It's also OHC.

Is this that pretty thing with the naked Namor you posted scans from a bit ago in one of the Namor threads (not that specific book, necessarily, but the series)?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Is this that pretty thing with the naked Namor you posted scans from a bit ago in one of the Namor threads?
    Yes it is. : )

Namor bookends the mini-series with appearances in the first and last issue, as is appropriate.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Wow that hardcover is very, very nice

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

The zero issue material is a prologue and some behind the scenes stuff, but it's all in each collection and any of the collections are absolutely worth it.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

I love this story a lot. It's my go-to book for introducing people to the Marvel universe. It's eloquent, well-structured, and amazing to see. What's not to like?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Still one of my favorite comics.

The singles are probably pretty rare by now, so just go for the collected edition.

And then go read Astro City.
    All of this.

Marvels is every bit as good as everyone has been saying. Whenever someone starts a "90s comics were all crap" thread, Marvels is usually the first thing that gets brought up as a rebuttal.

I picked up a softcover collection, and was lucky enough to find the single issues later for $1 each. The collection is the way to go - if you're planning to re-read it multiple times. Which you will absolutely do.

And Astro City is just spectacular.

Flicked through this thread wanting to say yes read it. Yes yes yes. Then I realized every one seems to have already convinced you.

It is worth reading some of the classic origins first but not vital. And, as has already been suggested, if you find yourself loving it, don't worry with sequels or the similar projects at Marvel, jump straight to the first trade of Astro City. You won't look back.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Does the TPB not include the extras that the hardcover does?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    I love this story a lot. It's my go-to book for introducing people to the Marvel universe. It's eloquent, well-structured, and amazing to see. What's not to like?
    All of this.