Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I'm in the Cloak & Dagger camp.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Mighty Member

I will not be surprised if we are talking about a more mystical geared show with Elsa Bloodstone... I mean she's been getting so much push in the comics as of late... That usually rarely happens without an ulterior motive...

Hope it's Cloak & Dagger

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    she could have her own spin-off. would like to see her sexuality explored.
    Explored or Exploited? Because comic book screen adaptations are probably the last thing I think of when I consider exploring a character's sexuality.
    Currently Reading: A handful of series that will be canceled soon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    I will not be surprised if we are talking about a more mystical geared show with Elsa Bloodstone... I mean she's been getting so much push in the comics as of late... That usually rarely happens without an ulterior motive...
    I would love it if this were true, but I don't see her getting the push before Blade.

hmm.. we'll see. It might be something that surprises plenty. If it is C&D, then Ty's character needs a major revamp, break up the tacit stereotype(s) that informed the original comics version.

I'd also like to see the Mighty Avengers team of the early 1970s explored.

Astonishing Member

Runaways and Cloak/Dagger are long overdue.You can go a lot of ways with Cloak and Dagger.

GHOST RIDER: A reinvention of the horse-riding one in a post-civil war U.S.

3D-Man: 1950's. Alien invasion paranoia.

Both of these would be able to stake their own claim in the past since the modern MCU is becoming a bit crowded...

A morose D-Man movie in quixotic fashion where half of it is in his head and he has a bad ass suit saving the world and helping people, conrtrasted with reality where he is a mentally unstable man in a home made suit of duct tape and cardboard and he is actually barely functioning but helps old ladies across the street and gets cats out of trees and serves food in soup kitchens and ends with him getting stabbed in an alley trying to stop a mugging.

BANNED

There's no way they can do Ghost Rider on an ABC budget and Blade and Punisher absolutely deserve an R-Rating (especially Punisher).

Now, given Ridley's background it means there's definitely a black lead, which could be many things. Cloak and Dagger (which ABC tried to do way back), Ms Marvel (unlikely to be done before Captain Marvel but who knows), something with Monica Rambeau, who knows. I doubt it's Deathlok since I think that will be the SHIELD spinoff (they're hinting really heavily at Secret Warriors so I think Deathlok will be a lead in that).

Cloak and dagger seems the most likely with the given facts. Blades impossible on abc. Amc or cw are the only.networks and that could never happen for obvious reasons so its netflix or bust for them.

I wouldnt mind a taskmaster reinventing for tv. Kinda jason bourne or agent x like. He wakes up in the a big city with no idea who he is but he can do things that are almost inhuman. **** make him an inhuman hes got an amazing gift with a huge cost his memories. Hes also a character who can straddle the line between good and evil. Never a real hero but also has a code blah.blah. iono i just want taskmaster in live action and grant ward dont.ut it for me.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by myrcellasear View Post
    I don't even care which protect it is. I would wach anything he writes.
    Even the steaming pile that is American Crime??

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Guess it could be Falcon.
    i doubt it. i feel like he has more to do with the films. it would be nice to see him in something outside of the films

BANNED

everyone is saying cloak and dagger. but what if it's avengers academy but more involved with SHIELD. but if we do get cloak and dagger do you guys think they'll become a couple in the show or just be intimate like in the comics?

Niffleheim

I have no use for Avenger Academy. I'm avidly watching The Avenger(even thou i hate the team) movies due to the villains but i'm sure the tv show wont have the same incentives