Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I am glad to see so many people wanting Cloak and Dagger. I was super excited when they said there was going to be a show for them, and when the news died down I was bummed. So I really hope it's Cloak and Dagger, plus I think that the guy who did 12 Years a Slave would do a good job with them.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

It's surprising to me how many people are "hoping" that it's one of the characters that they like since "reinvention" usually means making them barely recognizable from the source material. I'd rather they take a lame or underused concept for "reinvention."

Maybe since Luke and Danny are going to be in "the Defenders," that leaves the whole "Heroes for Hire" idea wide open...

BANNED

Default John Ridley's Marvel Project is Apparently 'Ms. Marvel'

American Crime is getting cancelled. ABC has liked the reviews but the ratings aren't impressing them. But they have John Ridley on contract, so they want to continue to work with him. As a result, they partnered with Marvel to give him a new project.

It should be noted that the new project is NOT the SHIELD spinoff. Two separate projects, that one is being handled by two SHIELD writers.

Originally, ABC pitched to him Cloak and Dagger, since they've tried to develop it in the past, but Ridley took more interest in a certain Kamala Khan and decided to incorporate her into the MCU.
    Now the obvious first question is 'how does Kamala work without Carol Danvers?' Well apparently the current plan is to slow-burn her origin into actually being Ms. Marvel over time a la Daredevil (or at least in terms of her taking that name, I don't know whether or not she'll have her costume from the start or wait it out). The series will focus more on her fascination with superheroes in general, while balancing issues of religion, racism and Islamaphobia along with her crime fighting.

The show will air in the Winter, and act as a bridge between seasons of the new SHIELD spinoff, much like Agent Carter acts as a break for Agents of SHIELD, so it is likely a miniseries.
    Marvel will announce the new show alongside the new SHIELD spinoff, along with renewals for Agent Carter and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/captai...news/?a=118943

So that's a surprise.
    Last edited by SpiderByte; 04-19-2015 at 11:16 AM.

If it is, that's awesome news!

Comic Book Movie is not a reliable news source.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    Comic Book Movie is not a reliable news source.
    It's from another site apparently, they're just posting it.

BANNED

but cloak needs a reinvention, at least the 616 one does. the ultimate cloak and dagger were good though

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderByte View Post
    It's from another site apparently, they're just posting it.
    The other site is not a reliable source either (random poster on Reddit).

Unless it's from Variety or one of its ilk, I'm not buying it.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo

Incredible Member

Yeah I see nothing to suggest this is anything other than some random internet poster presenting what he'd LIKE to see happen as fact, without any substantiation.

Don't get me wrong, I really hope we do see Kamala on screen someday, but if there's one flaw that can be continually laid against the MCU, its their poor track record with diversity. I just don't buy that they're going to beat their blonde, blue-eyed white military superheroine to the screen (TV or movie) with her teenage Pakistani Muslim fangirl.

Not to mention I'm not really sure WHY you would do Kamala before Captain Marvel is around for her to be inspired enough to model her whole look around. The MCU is no stranger to reinventing Marvel heroes of course, but all of those reinventions have still fit the archetypes and themes laid out by their superhero persona. Without Captain Marvel already being established, there is no reason for Kamala to adopt the superhero identity she does at all.

It's something that can air on ABC, and that would be semi-prestigious. My guess is that it would be a series where Disney wants the ability to advertise from "The Academy Award winning screenwriter of Twelve Years a Slave."

Cloak and Dagger makes sense. It's a series that can be adapted into a TV show, doesn't require a lot of powered supervillains and ties into some social issues (the drug trade, teen runaways, class struggles, etc.) so everyone involved can say that it's not just an action series. It's important.

Ms Marvel could also work.

There was some chatter of a Deathlok spinoff from Agents of SHIELD, but that doesn't seem like something that would be in the same sentence as "from the Academy Award winning screenwriter of Twelve Years a Slave." Same with Moon Knight, Blade and Punisher.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    The other site is not a reliable source either (random poster on Reddit).

Unless it's from Variety or one of its ilk, I'm not buying it.
    Yeah me neither.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Ya, I don't know. I am taking that with a grain of salt. I would watch a Ms. Marvel show (even though I am not sure her character is ready for one yet, personally. Just my opinion though haha) but I was really hoping for Cloak and Dagger. So in till someone who is not from Reddit says something, I am going to remain hopeful for a C&D tv show haha.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

That's a really good pick, especially for a limited series.

They could do a lot of the same things by using Miss America Chavez being inspired by Captain America...