Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Did you imagine that events would stop?
    Not really, but one could hope.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    And there we have it, folks. Our first post-Secret War event. *Sigh*
    LOL. It seems like those retreats are the source of all these "events". Knowing that, I wish they'd have less retreats. They should just let each writer(not the editor) write their own series without having to worry about tying it in to the wider Marvel universe.

Quote Originally Posted by gothicflavours View Post
    I just hope Bendis is not getting promoted to X-Men editor... Did he say where he was going?
    I really doubt that. Tom Brevoort said that Bendis make many mistakes and his comics are a pain to edit.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Not really, but one could hope.
    If events stop, cash flow stops. If cash flow stops, bean counters look at the publishing division and wonder if it's viable enough to continue.

Is that what you want?

EDIT: If Bendis isn't in charge of a Defenders sub-universe come January, I'll eat my hat.
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    Something else I'm okay with. Bendis is an idea man, whose execution tends to come up short. I'm okay with this.
    I'm cool with that too, if it happens. Sometimes I feel like the only person in the world who likes his X-Men run, so I'd be happy if he were to steer the ship going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny_anonymous View Post
    No Daredevil? That's insane....
    Pretty sure he's winking on that one. No way, with as hot as DD is right now, that he doesn't have a book going forward. With, say, Lemire at the helm. (Calling it now.)
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    If events stop, cash flow stops. If cash flow stops, bean counters look at the publishing division and wonder if it's viable enough to continue.

Is that what you want?
    The comics industry survived for decades without yearly events.

It's a band-aid solution. People buy them because they promise big impacts and effects to books they already read. Doing them so often means very few of these impacts reverberate. As time goes on and people realize this, they sell less, and now they're back to square one.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by x-mind View Post
    Jeff Lemire hmmmm. X-books or Avengers franchise?
    I'm guessing Jeff Lemire will be doing Dr. Strange.

Glad to hear Al Ewing is Marvel exclusive and attending the writers' summits. I'm curious what book of his Alonso immediately greenlit.

I am curious who is going to be the new X-editor. I wonder if they are promoting from within? Or if Mark Panicia will be taking over and shifting his books to someone new?
    Last edited by Reviresco; 04-17-2015 at 08:18 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post

Is that what you want?

EDIT: If Bendis isn't in charge of a Defenders sub-universe come January, I'll eat my hat.
    I agree. I think Bendis will be doing Luke Cage and Jessica Jones books.

At this point, I think Marvel could do away with event books. They are making a ton of money off the Star Wars books -- more than events, it seems -- except Secret Wars, if rumors is to be believed. That said, while I'm sure it's a great opportunity for the creators involved, but I hope the Star Wars books don't gobble up all the awesome talent, like Checchetoo. I was hoping to see him on another book.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    What a way to dodge my question.If he thinks for one second that I believe there won't be a Daredevil title after the success of the Netflix series he's crazy.
    Haha I saw this reaction coming. C'mon, obviously no one is meant to take that literally, it's just a more fun response than "sorry, no comment, we aren't going to announce today or in this way" and teasing the in-story sense of stakes for Secret Wars (meaning, the kind of stakes you have to suspend disbelief for to enjoy most stories in the moment, not to be confused with how it will or won't affect our all important comic purchasing options)

I'm still assuming it'll be Soule writing, and for art who knows, but I was just thinking: how cool would Francesco Francavilla be? Assuming they skew noir-ish again in light of the show. I know he's busy but surely Afterlife with Archie scripts aren't coming in as fast as he could be drawing them? Hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I'm guessing Jeff Lemire will be doing Dr. Strange.

Glad to hear Al Ewing is Marvel exclusive and attending the writers' summits. I'm curious what book of his Alonso immediately greenlit.

I am curious who is going to be the new X-editor. I wonder if they are promoting from within? Or if Mark Panicia will be taking over and shifting his books to someone new?
    What Panicia books would there be to shift? It doesn't seem like there's going to be an Ultimate line for him to oversee anymore.. but I actually don't know what if anything else he edits currently, so that was a serious question. Ultimate line to X-Men line could make sense though, and perfect timing.. the options for promoting from within the X-Men group seem a bit more limited, since last time that was a question (before Marts returned) I would have expected Jeanine Schaefer to be the obvious candidate, and she's no longer with Marvel.

Lemire on Dr. Strange sounds like a good bet.. though as long as they've been alluding to having a writer set for Dr. Strange, I wonder if it predates their involvement with Lemire? Hmmm.. Kieron Gillen seemed like a sound idea for a while, but I remember he said Siege will be his last Marvel superhero work for a long while. Al Ewing would make sense too after the Dr. Strangeness of Zaucer of Zilk, but I'd actually really like to see him take the lead on X-Men after Bendis (he seems poised for that kind of profile in sort of the same way Fraction and Gillen did before their respective Uncanny runs.)

This probably has a <1/100 chance of actually happening, but since it occurred to me I keep thinking: isn't Dr. Strange sort of the ultimate Grant Morrison Marvel character? Now that would be epic.

Also, if Hickman sticks around: Hickman Black Panther.

another round of fantasy footballing Marvel editorial! (<----guess which of those words I'm least confident in my usage of!)

Quote Originally Posted by servo View Post
    Gee, I wonder what Magneto and Polaris were talking about? LOL
    They both look like they have gotten their hearts ripped out.

Well, at least Magneto has got one biological child left.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    They both look like they have gotten their hearts ripped out.

No offense to Spidey616, the questions are always on point, but how about answering some other users' questions for once?

Who am I kidding that's just as likely to happen as Marvel not doing any more events, or giving a straight answer about post-Secret Wars.

Pre-ordered Kung-Fu based on the concept sketches, and the full color preview just reinforces that decision

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    What Panicia books would there be to shift? It doesn't seem like there's going to be an Ultimate line for him to oversee anymore.. but I actually don't know what if anything else he edits currently, so that was a serious question. Ultimate line to X-Men line could make sense though, and perfect timing.. the options for promoting from within the X-Men group seem a bit more limited, since last time that was a question (before Marts returned) I would have expected Jeanine Schaefer to be the obvious candidate, and she's no longer with Marvel.

Lemire on Dr. Strange sounds like a good bet.. though as long as they've been alluding to having a writer set for Dr. Strange, I wonder if it predates their involvement with Lemire? Hmmm.. Kieron Gillen seemed like a sound idea for a while, but I remember he said Siege will be his last Marvel superhero work for a long while. Al Ewing would make sense too after the Dr. Strangeness of Zaucer of Zilk, but I'd actually really like to see him take the lead on X-Men after Bendis (he seems poised for that kind of profile in sort of the same way Fraction and Gillen did before their respective Uncanny runs.)

This probably has a <1/100 chance of actually happening, but since it occurred to me I keep thinking: isn't Dr. Strange sort of the ultimate Grant Morrison Marvel character? Now that would be epic.

Also, if Hickman sticks around: Hickman Black Panther.

another round of fantasy footballing Marvel editorial! (<----guess which of those words I'm least confident in my usage of!)
    I'd rather see Hickman on a Dr Doom book.

I was so hoping that Gillen was going to be the magic architect for the MU, starting with Dr. Strange, but that didn't happen. Lemire has been at Marvel for a few months, given Hawkeye is up and running. I haven't really read anything by him, though. Grant Morrison would be awesome for Dr. Strange!

Paniccia also edits the FF and the Hulk books. He did Ghost Rider (which looks like it will come back) and Invaders (which sadly doesn't appear to be coming back). He was doing the Iron Man books, but it appears that went to someone else with Superior IM.

Yes, the X-books seem up in the air.