Page 316 of 400 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,740 of 6000
    Fuutre Instigator kinggirlfriend's Avatar

Yeah it's really an odd fit. I do wish Ninjak was more spy/espionage instead of a ninja fighting demons and ghosts. I do wonder what they're ultimate plan is for Shadowman, if there is one.

Mighty Member

Can't say I'm excited about the new X-O direction. It's a me thing because it happens to so many of my favorite characters, but this seems to be another case of a character going backwards just to the writer can be the one to move them forward to where they already were and call it progression. Every writer in every arc has to be the one to tell the story of how Moon Knight goes from crazy to competent, so he never really comes off as competent. Every writer in every arc has to be the one to tell the story of how Hank Pym redeems himself, so he is never redeemed. It has not really been a problem yet, and a lot of that is due to Valiant being so young, but I hope this is not the first sign of stunted character progression in their verse. They are usually very good at moving forward.

Yeah, I have a lot of questions going forward with X-O's relaunch, because it just seems distant from how Venditti's story in issue 50 ended. No wife? At odds with the armor? Some of this isn't making a ton of sense and while I know the answers are going to be in the book when it comes out, I am going to be honest in that Kindt is not my favorite Valiant writer just because of how hot-and-cold his work can be. In terms of story quality, I hope it is more like his Ninjak work than his Unity work, which I felt that after the launch, was a bit weak. Still, one great thing coming out of it is that it'll look absolutely gorgeous. Giorello's art looks stunning.
    Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by kinggirlfriend View Post
    Yeah it's really an odd fit. I do wish Ninjak was more spy/espionage instead of a ninja fighting demons and ghosts. I do wonder what they're ultimate plan is for Shadowman, if there is one.
    Yea I've been parroting this for the last year or so. I think part of the reason for Ninjak's magic connections is so Valiant can get away from the Batman similarities, but honestly, I want him to be Valiant's Batman, but with a ninja/espionage edge. Although I haven't been too impressed with the series as it's gone on, I think it's been a success all around so I can't complain too much. The shining light in the darkness is the fact that Kindt's run will end at some point, and Ninjak Vol. 2 is inevitable. Hopefully then we will see more of a grounded/realistic approach.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Can't say I'm excited about the new X-O direction. It's a me thing because it happens to so many of my favorite characters, but this seems to be another case of a character going backwards just to the writer can be the one to move them forward to where they already were and call it progression. Every writer in every arc has to be the one to tell the story of how Moon Knight goes from crazy to competent, so he never really comes off as competent. Every writer in every arc has to be the one to tell the story of how Hank Pym redeems himself, so he is never redeemed. It has not really been a problem yet, and a lot of that is due to Valiant being so young, but I hope this is not the first sign of stunted character progression in their verse. They are usually very good at moving forward.
    Obviously I haven't read it yet, and you could be spot-on, but I have been under the impression that Aric is going to be forced into this coming story. My first assumption is that he'd rather not be a barbarian, but his circumstances are going to push him to be that, whether he wants to or not. It's all up in the air until we get to read it, but I kind of like that idea. And you're right that Valiant rarely goes backwards, so I don't think X-O will be the series that breaks the mold.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Mighty Member

I did enjoy the recent issue of Divinity. It was informative, well paced, and action packed. It could end up being my favorite of the three. I just hope we the time to explore our villain a bit more, which I'm sure we will.

I bit lukewarm on the issue of Savage though. What happened here is more or less exactly what I assumed would happen, and being that I'm not some sort of genius, what I assume we all figured would happen. There was really only one scene, the one with the motorcycle, that stood out to me. The raptor scene was decent but I wish it felt more like an actual fight. I didn't feel any tension their, which might be the big problem I'm having right now. I just don't feel any suspense or tension.

I enjoyed the end of Bloodshot U.S.A but the ending reaffirms my belief that this SO isn't "event" worthy. It doesn't even feel like it would work as an event because there's a lot of pay off here to things that you wouldn't appreciate if you just picked up this book. For instance, there is a BIG death that I don't think one would really appreciate if they just jumped on here. It reads like an arc, and feels like an arc, but AS an arc and the end of this chapter of Bloodshot's life, I was very happy with it.

I feel the same way about the upcoming X-O. Seems, at least on the surface, to be a step back even though Matt Kindt says it is not. I guess we won't know until it's all out. They talk about it here:

http://www.newsarama.com/32905-x-o-m...character.html

BANNED

Oh god more Ninjak wank. he can resist god tier reality warping just because he has a strong mind and got some monk traning.. SMFH. Such Bat God BS.

Mighty Member

That's what he is tho, Valiant Batman. It had to be someone. I probably would have gone the magic immunity route, but that would have ruined whatever they got Shadowman doing. Stanchek could have worked tho, for the opposite reason as Ninjak. Too drugged up. In fact, it would have been interesting if only drugged up people remembered.

He was the one that brought Unity out of the trap Abram set them in back in the first Divinity series, so him being the one with the strong mind isn't unusual.
    Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.

Big news! Apparently the Oscar-nominated writer of Arrival is working with Raul Allen on a Valiant book! And it's going to be revealed tomorrow!!

C3mnyXiWQAIFzxJ.jpg

The guys over at ValiantFans have pretty much deciphered it. It also helps that Dinesh said "Can you break the code? Hurry, tomorrow the #secret is out..."

Fairly certain that means it's going to be Secret Weapons!!!!
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Secret Weapons is what UNITY should've been. Turning the Unity event from OG Valiant into a team concept just never sat well with me as a title for a team.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

http://www.vulture.com/2017/02/arriv...r-valiant.html

I didnt see Arrival yet but i dig Livewire and what this book wants to be so im in.

Mighty Member

It sounds...exactly as quirky as Generation Zero, so naturally I'm aboard. So many psiot books, each one putting the current Harbingers book to shame.

Also, since no one has mentioned it, Bloodshot: Salvation sees Bloodshot 4001 meeting modern Bloodshot. Seeing any of the characters from the 4001 spin-off books return excites me. That whole "event" really knocked the world building out of the park.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I take it back. This is not what I was expecting for Secret Weapons. Oh, I'll try it but I'm a bit worried the book might be too constructed to only deal with the threat they designed for this mini-series. A girl who talks to birds, how far is that going to get you?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime