Page 392 of 400 FirstFirst ... 292342382388389390391392393394395396 ... LastLast
Results 5,866 to 5,880 of 6000
    Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Where are the Valiant readers at nowadays?

Harbinger #8 - I know the book was scripted out the way it was so no complaints to it ending. Sadly though it was 8 issues of a real solid re-estblishment of Pete post-Harada. A blip on how Psiots are seen in society (hint, think X-Men) but now we get now immediate follow-up. This is a run that should've been extended past the current editorial situation of 8 issues. For those reading the book do you feel Pete disintegrated The Renegade or absorbed him?
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I thought he gave the Renegade a new body/identity.
    My interpretation: absorbed The Renegade's powers and gave him a new identity.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

https://www.cbr.com/valiant-book-of-...ins-interview/

New interview about the upcoming Book of Shadow's comic.

Read A&A Forever#3, it was a fun read we learned about Frig, and her connection to the Faraway. (The Faraway did look like how it did during Van Lente run I even saw a flying saucer in the background.) that Maw guy is also very powerful, I wonder how the guys are gonna stop him? Overall, I'm really enjoying this series, reminds me of Denish era Valiant.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

So far I agree about A&A: F it does feel more back on track to the 2012 relaunch presentation of the characters.
    I'd like to request a check in with Maria and how/what she has been up to lately.

Looking forward to Book of Shadows
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Valiant Entertainment brings its digital comics to GlobalComix

https://www.gamesradar.com/valiant-e...o-globalcomix/

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    So far I agree about A&A: F it does feel more back on track to the 2012 relaunch presentation of the characters.
    I'd like to request a check in with Maria and how/what she has been up to lately.

Looking forward to Book of Shadows
    Maria should be back in issue 5.

^^^^
    Good to hear!

Armorclads #5 - The rogue group of IronClads complete their mission to rescue their friend, kidnapped team member, from his captors. During the rescue we find out he, possibly he alone, is able to activate an ancient Armorclad style mega gun. This gun turns the tide of their escape. The group talks about taking thngs a step further, we are talking Coup style offense here.
    The issue ends with "Armorclads Will Return" with a brief cameo by our Geomancer Tama.

It was a decent series. I'm unsure what elements, if any, the creator/writer may try to tap into regarding other VU cosmic artifacts/cultures etc but it feels like it might.
    Still, why can't we just have Armorclads #6, even if it is a 3/4 month wait. They did that before. I tire of all the title restarts.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Character designs for Bloodshot Unleashed revealed: https://aiptcomics.com/2022/07/21/ex...t-unleashed-1/
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Valiant teased Liam Sharp's X-O art at SDCC: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/vali...nt-liam-sharp/

X-O art:

It looks painted or a very good art program on a computer.
    I like it. Looks like a visually worthy XO book, now lets hope it has a great narrative(unlike the prior Hopeless volume).

Astonishing Member

Before Valiant relaunched back in 2011 or so, they released some TPBs reprinting comics from the original Valiant. Apparently, these TPBs also had one original story. Anyone know if these original stories are set in the original universe or the current universe?

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Before Valiant relaunched back in 2011 or so, they released some TPBs reprinting comics from the original Valiant. Apparently, these TPBs also had one original story. Anyone know if these original stories are set in the original universe or the current universe?
    They were set in the original universe, and they were hardcovers (not TPBs).....The relaunch (ie, current universe) hadn't occurred yet. Jim Shooter wrote those new original stories, and he had nothing to do with the relaunch due to a falling out with Dinesh Shamdasani shortly after those hardcovers released. Shooter was originally going to be part of the relaunch and was bringing the Gold Key properties with him (Solar, Turok, Magnus, etc), but after the disagreement he took the Gold Key properties with him to Dark Horse.

VEI would've been quite different if Shooter had stayed. Who knows if it would've been for better or worse.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    They were set in the original universe, and they were hardcovers (not TPBs).....The relaunch (ie, current universe) hadn't occurred yet. Jim Shooter wrote those new original stories, and he had nothing to do with the relaunch due to a falling out with Dinesh Shamdasani shortly after those hardcovers released. Shooter was originally going to be part of the relaunch and was bringing the Gold Key properties with him (Solar, Turok, Magnus, etc), but after the disagreement he took the Gold Key properties with him to Dark Horse.

VEI would've been quite different if Shooter had stayed. Who knows if it would've been for better or worse.
    Didn't know the Gold Key characters were going to be in the new Valiant universe. That would have been great. I love Shooter's work but that guy just can't play well with others.

Incredible Member

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/layo...ure-uncertain/

This news coupled with the fact that we still don't have solicits for October has me worried.