Page 195 of 400 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245295 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 6000

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    Absolutely. Toyo is such an incredibly complex individual. I actually felt extremely disappointed in him in this last issue for the actions you spoke of. I find myself constantly going back and forth with my opinion of him, which speaks to Dysart's special ability to write characters.
    I've said this before, but it's issues like these that make me love Dysart's writing so much. He respects the readers enough to let us decide how we feel about these characters and their actions. No soapbox or stand-in mouth piece to say "this is right" or "this is wrong".

I'm really looking forward to how others in the book will react if Harada's skeletons ever get revealed. Will his messiah like image fall apart or will they just turn a blind eye.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Imperium was the only current title not mentioned in today's NYCC panel.

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    I've said this before, but it's issues like these that make me love Dysart's writing so much. He respects the readers enough to let us decide how we feel about these characters and their actions. No soapbox or stand-in mouth piece to say "this is right" or "this is wrong".

I'm really looking forward to how others in the book will react if Harada's skeletons ever get revealed. Will his messiah like image fall apart or will they just turn a blind eye.
    that does make for an interesting conflict - do his faults outweigh his achievements? do the means justify the ends? hmmm
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

Quote Originally Posted by xMatt View Post
    that does make for an interesting conflict - do his faults outweigh his achievements? do the means justify the ends? hmmm
    And how far is he willing to go? It's scary when you think about how small the list of evil things is that he won't do.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

So have I missed something? July of last year Clay Mann had been signed to Valiant as an exclusive artist but now I've seen that he's doing a Poison Ivy mini series over at DC.

This kinda sucks.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by thewarning View Post
    Imperium was the only current title not mentioned in today's NYCC panel.
    Bloodshot got the most talk with "Bloodshot Island" coming after "Analog Man", there was another 4001 tease with no info. XO was also not really talked about especially concerning his next arc after "Exodus". A female cosmonaut was shown to appear in Divinity II.

Punk Mambo:

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    So have I missed something? July of last year Clay Mann had been signed to Valiant as an exclusive artist but now I've seen that he's doing a Poison Ivy mini series over at DC.

This kinda sucks.
    Maybe he did the pages a while back and DC have just been sat on em?

Henry had that Punk Mambo cover at his booth, pen & ink, and it looked soooo good.

Also, good call about X-O being absent at that panel, too. I guess I was just looking forward to Imperium developments more :P

Sooooooo . . . as a newer Valiant fan are there any ongoings that would be relatively easy to get into now? Or should I set my sights on catching up via TPBs in the short-term? (Having done "The Valiant" I'm thinking "Timewalker" or "Divinity" may be next though am open to other suggestions.)
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Sooooooo . . . as a newer Valiant fan are there any ongoings that would be relatively easy to get into now? Or should I set my sights on catching up via TPBs in the short-term? (Having done "The Valiant" I'm thinking "Timewalker" or "Divinity" may be next though am open to other suggestions.)
    You can jump into both. One of Timewalker's main characters, Ivar, was born out of Archer & Armstrong and it does carry plenty of element from that series. With that said, you won't be lost, those things are used to enhance the experience for the long time readers without leaving new readers behind. Out of all the current books, Ivar is the most fun.

Divinity originally started out as a Unity arc but they turned it into it's own thing. Completely self contained story line with some cool concepts and the art was on point. Some of Hairsine's best work.

Both are really good so don't worry, it's win win whatever you choose.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Also may be a good time to start on Archer & Armstrong, honestly. You can read through 25, hit The Delinquents, and be caught up and ready to go when A&A #1 drops in January. It's a pretty consistent buddy-adventure book with a lot of laffs. Ivar reads fine without being familiar with the characters from Archer & Armstrong, but it's got some big payoffs when the characters from one appears in the other.

Is Timewalker ongoing right now? That Divinity is more self-contained is feeding my interest in that as a next step, but I don't know. I'm trying to build out my foundation after what I got from The Valiant. And I think I may definitely have to try the new Eternal Warrior book and the new A&A coming up soon.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Is Timewalker ongoing right now? That Divinity is more self-contained is feeding my interest in that as a next step, but I don't know. I'm trying to build out my foundation after what I got from The Valiant. And I think I may definitely have to try the new Eternal Warrior book and the new A&A coming up soon.
    Timewalker will be a self-contained 12 issue maxi-series. 3 arcs, 3 TPBs, all one big story. If you want self contained in one TPB, then Divinity and Doctor Mirage may be for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Maybe he did the pages a while back and DC have just been sat on em?
    I like your optimism, so I'll just go with that assumption.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider