Page 214 of 400 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264314 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 6000

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    I'll hold off. I might (if I can afford it) start picking up X-O monthly with the next storyline. I'm currently hashing out my new budget/monthly pull list since Marvel's recent changes have upended everything for me, and I've been getting on board the Valiant train. Definitely going to be buying Wrath of the Eternal Warrior though; my FIRST monthly Valiant book!

If you can swing picking X-O up monthly, you won't regret it, Chief.

IMO it has been Valiant's overall most consistent book since the relaunch. It's one of the books I look forward to the most every month for sure.

And Wrath of E.W. looks like it could be a gem as well!

Yeah, X-O Manowar is becoming my favourite just through sheer consistency. Even the #0 about Commander Trill was good this week!
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

Incredible Member

I agree with the comments on X-O's consistency. While it is not my favorite of Valiant's titles, it is definitely the most reliable. Venditti has successfully kept one voice through the whole series, aided by the fact that there hasn't been a renumbering or change in direction. With recent Trill activity and Ninjak guest-starring in the next arc, I think we are looping back around to themes introduced in the very beginning of the series to take us to the 50th issue.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    I agree with the comments on X-O's consistency. While it is not my favorite of Valiant's titles, it is definitely the most reliable. Venditti has successfully kept one voice through the whole series, aided by the fact that there hasn't been a renumbering or change in direction. With recent Trill activity and Ninjak guest-starring in the next arc, I think we are looping back around to themes introduced in the very beginning of the series to take us to the 50th issue.
    Your "one voice" continuing throughout the entire X-O run is bang on ksbord. Venditti has kept Aric's morals and principles unwavering in every storyline and that is one of the main reasons I love the book so much. Aric has an old school (really old school ) mentality that his word is his bond, and he will not take the low road at anything just for the sake of it being the easier or quicker solution. Venditti definitely has an awesome grasp on what makes the character tick.

I'm excited for issue 50, and like that the story seems to be returning to its beginning. The expanded backstory in the Commander Trill issue, and his recent appearances will help to make Trill a more potent adversary for Aric's rogues gallery. I hope Trill pulls out something that establishes him as a real threat to X-O for years to come.

And Ninjak returning to the pages of X-O is going to be phenomenal.
    Last edited by Agent 37; 12-07-2015 at 06:45 PM.

Incredible Member

Early review for Ninjak #10. It's spoiler free, but they include preview art that might be considered spoilers:

http://www.outrightgeekery.com/2015/...iew-ninjak-10/

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

lol Marvel just announced Civil War 2, by Brian Michael Bendis. God I'm so glad I have Valiant to rely on.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    lol Marvel just announced Civil War 2, by Brian Michael Bendis. God I'm so glad I have Valiant to rely on.
    Ugh . . . yeah. Maybe I can get the Marvel-Fan Site I write for to change teams.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Ugh . . . yeah. Maybe I can get the Marvel-Fan Site I write for to change teams.
    I'd think the constant delays of Secret Wars would be the impetus there.

Incredible Member

One more day till Operation: Deadside hits in Ninjak. I know that it's not worth getting too worked up as this is just part one of a four part arc... but yeah, I'm getting amped. I've missed Shadowman, and am very hopeful.

I'd think the constant delays of Secret Wars would be the impetus there.
    Actually for me it's throwing a ton of history out to accommodate the whims of the Tumblr-set while neutering, marginalizing or killing off a major swath of characters that I love.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

One more day till Operation: Deadside hits in Ninjak. I know that it's not worth getting too worked up as this is just part one of a four part arc... but yeah, I'm getting amped. I've missed Shadowman, and am very hopeful.
    I'm really pumped too. I just finished re-reading the Shadow Seven arc again, and I think I was being a little unfair the first time through. It's a solid story, and although it feels pretty rushed at the end, the action scenes were awesome, and we learned some interesting stuff about Ninjak and Alcott's past.

Do I lose nerd points if I'm almost equally excited for Unity #25? I just think Valiant usually does a really good job with their anniversary issues, and I'd really like to see this floundering series go out with a bang.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    Do I lose nerd points if I'm almost equally excited for Unity #25? I just think Valiant usually does a really good job with their anniversary issues, and I'd really like to see this floundering series go out with a bang.
    I'm right there with you, sir. I confess I had my doubts, but the preview gives me hope. The excerpts are really funny!

Seriously anyone wants to see a Quantum & Woody/Bad Eggs crossover? I would really like to see these Dinos again.

UNITY #25 was brilliant. so good. anyone else read it?
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

Quote Originally Posted by xMatt View Post
    UNITY #25 was brilliant. so good. anyone else read it?
    Not yet, i'm a couple of issues behind.

I did read Ninjak and thought it was great, this arc should be pretty exciting! I really enjoyed the Lost Files too...very creepy.