Page 304 of 400 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314354 ... LastLast
Results 4,546 to 4,560 of 6000

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    It's a fair point. I definitely have been on the "no Gold Key in New Valiant" side of the fence, so my feelings were eeking through.

My intent, really, was to address comments I've seen across the webz that Savage is going to be their Turok because dinosaurs.
    So you wouldn't want Magus in the new VEI? I know Turok isn't for everybody, and wasn't especially loved in VH1 days (I personally loved Turok, especially his team ups with XO); but Magnus was a tent pole for VH1, and I'd love to see him in VEI. I don't need Solar, I was never a fan in the VH1 days, but Magus and Turok would be right up my alley

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aomalle27 View Post
    So you wouldn't want Magus in the new VEI? I know Turok isn't for everybody, and wasn't especially loved in VH1 days (I personally loved Turok, especially his team ups with XO); but Magnus was a tent pole for VH1, and I'd love to see him in VEI. I don't need Solar, I was never a fan in the VH1 days, but Magus and Turok would be right up my alley
    Correct. In my opinion, Magnus (and Turok/Solar) brings to much baggage as a property, both financial and creatively. VEI has engineered their universe without these characters, and I would like to see where it goes without them.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

I don't understand the baggage comment? Because they tie back to VH1 days; or because they aren't owned by VEI? Or another reason altogether? In terms of financial; after the dynamite failure, I believe the valuation of the gk properties is at an all time low. VEI might be able to buy these properties outright, and cheaply. I think incorporating them might give VEI that shot in the arm/comics buzz that (short term yes) might bring people into Valiant that otherwise wouldn't buy them. 1st issue #'s were there with dyna launch but they butchered the character so bad, it was a precipitous decline after that. Plus it would allow Valiant use of the lost land and the Malev war....two outstanding properties that unfortunately VEI can't use currently.

Fuutre Instigator kinggirlfriend's Avatar

I'm on the side of not wanting the Gold Key characters in VEI. It's been moving along just fine without them. I'd rather see new ideas then regurgitating old Valiant.

By definition; pretty much everything they've put out since relaunch of Valiant is regurgitating old Valiant. Xo Bloodshot Ninjak, Eternal Warrior, A&A; Harbinger; Q&W (although that's technically Acclaim). The only new IPs are Divinity aBritannia and Savage. But each is a new/refresh take on the old ideas. No reason they can't put an updated spin on the GK characters. I don't see how VEI can lose if they acquire the GK cheaply and integrate them into their universe.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

....I don't see how VEI can lose if they acquire the GK cheaply and integrate them into their universe.
    Because they can't get them as wholly owned properties cheaply. The license holders either don't want to sell or want more than VEI would/could pay.

The company line is, "We don't need them", but that's BS. It's like saying Marvel doesn't need Spider-man, Hulk or Iron Man(core characters there from the start) that helped launch and build your universe. If they ever could wholly and legally outright own them they would be welcome back home.

Example: Champions
    Marvel lost the copyright on that title. Was it a huge brand for them, not really, but they still saw importance on having it in house. It's taken decades but through some legal agreements they have it back...for now.
    VEI is better with the GK 3 in the long run than without them, no matter how good the product is they put out on existing IPs and newly created IPs.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I loved Magnus in VH1. LOVED. Didn't think a 4001 timeline would work without him. Then I read the current Rai and 4001 AD and it very much can exist without Magnus. Hell, I'm far more interested in a War Mother solo than I am another Magnus revival. Solar isn't necessary because there's Divinity. Savage replaced Turok. Characters similar in archetype, but different enough in execution to stand on their own. Valiant doesn't need the GK characters, but the GK characters may need Valiant to succeed.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Because they can't get them as wholly owned properties cheaply. The license holders either don't want to sell or want more than VEI would/could pay.

The company line is, "We don't need them", but that's BS. It's like saying Marvel doesn't need Spider-man, Hulk or Iron Man(core characters there from the start) that helped launch and build your universe. If they ever could wholly and legally outright own them they would be welcome back home.

Example: Champions
    Marvel lost the copyright on that title. Was it a huge brand for them, not really, but they still saw importance on having it in house. It's taken decades but through some legal agreements they have it back...for now.
    VEI is better with the GK 3 in the long run than without them, no matter how good the product is they put out on existing IPs and newly created IPs.
    I'm not so sure VEI "needs" the GK characters; but I do believe they would have a richer universe with them. Like I said; after the failure of the dark horse GK launch; and now the misery of the dynamite failure; I think the GK value as a comic commodity is seriously diminished, which is why I think they could be had on the cheap. Movie rights concessions might have to be made (i.e. Western Publishing or is it Turner(?)) would keep movie rights for the GK characters; but merch and publishing rights would be sold to VEI. It would be interesting to know what Western deems the value of the GK rights to be; should they sell outright. Perhaps you're right and they grossly overvalue the properties.

Hello! New to Valiant comics. Took advantage of the ComiXology sale over the last few days. Finishing up the second trade of Harbinger and moving onto Bloodshot 2 and then Harbinger wars. So far I have been very pleased with these books. Can't wait to catch up so that I can be a part of the discussions!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn Doom View Post
    Hello! New to Valiant comics. Took advantage of the ComiXology sale over the last few days. Finishing up the second trade of Harbinger and moving onto Bloodshot 2 and then Harbinger wars. So far I have been very pleased with these books. Can't wait to catch up so that I can be a part of the discussions!
    Welcome! Glad you liked them. If you have any questions fire away! There are a lot of fellas around here more than willing to help out anyone interested in Valiant!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn Doom View Post
    Welcome!

I haven't been up to date so I'm always down to talk about the early re-launch titles. It's always great to see new fans.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

BANNED

Question: I know Faith and Archer are dating and if the Book of Death is the true canon they get married until her death, but I wanna know what comic do they meet for the first time?
    Last edited by AquaLantern; 12-02-2016 at 04:44 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    Question: I know Faith and Armstrong are dating and if the Book of Death is the true canon they get married until her death, but I wanna know what comic do they meet for the first time?
    I believe they officially meet during X-O's wedding reception, so X-O Manowar #38.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    I believe they officially meet during X-O's wedding reception, so X-O Manowar #38.
    Cool thanks!

So Savage was really good, but... super uneventful. The art was stellar from both artists, but specifically kudos to Clayton Henry, for showing up to bat even when the main star is Lewis f***ing LaRosa. They both killed it, and B Clay Moore came off as totally competent. Can't wait for more.

Gen. Zero 4 was boring. I probably should've dropped this by now. I simply don't like the direction of these characters. And this doubly sucks, because the failure of this series probably means that we'll literally never see a Gen. Zero series again.

I think incorporating them might give VEI that shot in the arm/comics buzz that (short term yes) might bring people into Valiant that otherwise wouldn't buy them.
    ^This. It would be the perfect opportunity for expansion of the monthly line-up. Like everyone else, I don't think Valiant needs them, but it would be nice. And with 2017 being the 25th anniversary of Valiant, what a perfect time to capitalize.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    It's like saying Marvel doesn't need Spider-man, Hulk or Iron Man(core characters there from the start) that helped launch and build your universe.
    I guess I never thought about it that way. I don't think Turok matters so much, but Solar and Magnus were the foundation of the Valiant U. X-O, Harbinger, Bloodshot, and A&A did a pretty bang-up job of creating a new foundation, but it's still not the same. Honestly, I couldn't care any less about what properties Valiant decides to incorporate next, whether new or old, but it would be very cool to see the GK3 came back.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers