Page 94 of 400 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 6000
    Spectacular Member Trusty Mutsi's Avatar

I JUST discovered Scribd.com. It's an "All you can eat" Netflix type service, but for comics! And... and...

VALIANT IS IN IT!!!!

I already have about 70% of the Valiant stuff out there, but this is still an amazing value. For $9 a month, I can get all caught up on my Valiant books! Well, not COMPLETELY. I think they're about 6 months behind current books. I need to look into that further.

They also have Marvel, IDW, Top Shelf, and some other publishers. If they only got DC, I would weep with joy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trusty Mutsi View Post
    I JUST discovered Scribd.com. It's an "All you can eat" Netflix type service, but for comics! And... and...

VALIANT IS IN IT!!!!

I already have about 70% of the Valiant stuff out there, but this is still an amazing value. For $9 a month, I can get all caught up on my Valiant books! Well, not COMPLETELY. I think they're about 6 months behind current books. I need to look into that further.

They also have Marvel, IDW, Top Shelf, and some other publishers. If they only got DC, I would weep with joy.
    That's the second "rental" type site I've heard of recently. I wonder what rate of compensation Valiant gets for having their stuff on there.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    That's the second "rental" type site I've heard of recently. I wonder what rate of compensation Valiant gets for having their stuff on there.
    I hope it's decent. I read an article breaking down the type of return Anime studios would receive from Crunchyroll and it was chump change.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    I hope it's decent. I read an article breaking down the type of return Anime studios would receive from Crunchyroll and it was chump change.
    I certainly hope they get something decent, considering what they offer.

Incredible Member

Brief stream of conscious thoughts on today's new releases to keep things spoiler free:

Divinity: Topsey-turvey, twisty-wisty.... set up set up set up... is that the Vine? Soldiers... oh, ok, now this is intriguing! Need to read this again, but need the next issue now, please!!!!!

Rai: Interesting, interesting, man humans can be such jerks... ok... are they bringing in who I think they are bringing in... wait... is that? wait...what? And now who is this?? WOAH!!!! Matt Kindt is a mad genius bastard!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Brief stream of conscious thoughts on today's new releases to keep things spoiler free:

Divinity: Topsey-turvey, twisty-wisty.... set up set up set up... is that the Vine? Soldiers... oh, ok, now this is intriguing! Need to read this again, but need the next issue now, please!!!!!

Rai: Interesting, interesting, man humans can be such jerks... ok... are they bringing in who I think they are bringing in... wait... is that? wait...what? And now who is this?? WOAH!!!! Matt Kindt is a mad genius bastard!
    HA! Truly is the best non-spoiler reviews I have ever read. Seriously these were the same thoughts going through my head today lol.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by Trusty Mutsi View Post

VALIANT IS IN IT!!!!

I think you're the third member I've seen mention this. It sounds pretty great for those on a super tight budget, which unfortunately, might be me this year.

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    I think you're the third member I've seen mention this. It sounds pretty great for those on a super tight budget, which unfortunately, might be me this year.
    After reading his/her post I checked them out and they have A LOT of stuff. If you choose to use them you'll definitely get your fill of awesome.
    Last edited by harashkupo; 02-11-2015 at 11:55 AM.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Hey thanks for letting us know about scrib! I just checked the site out and it looks really cool so far. But how do I read this on my kindle? Or is it browser only?

Also, anyone else read Divinity #1 yet? I thought it was a pretty good first issue. I like it a lot, seems as though we have a Dr. Manhattan in the Valiant U now. Maybe that's a little quick to claim something like that but it could be whats going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    Hey thanks for letting us know about scrib! I just checked the site out and it looks really cool so far. But how do I read this on my kindle? Or is it browser only?

Also, anyone else read Divinity #1 yet? I thought it was a pretty good first issue. I like it a lot, seems as though we have a Dr. Manhattan in the Valiant U now. Maybe that's a little quick to claim something like that but it could be whats going on.
    To read it on your Kindle, you need to download the Scribd app.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Divinity #1 was good and yet vague all at the same time.
    Good in that it laid out plenty of narrative for Abram Adams, our lead, and how he came into being a ward of the Soviet State, why he's selected for the mission and then how one of those reasons(ties to anyone) is not exactly true.

The vagueness comes in with the Australian rock climber and the montage of scenes with members of the Vine etc.
    Leaving us 4 issues of things to explore further. I'm excited about where this may go and believe the story's cosmic and time altering themes will develop over the next 4 issues.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Good in that it laid out plenty of narrative for Abram Adams, our lead, and how he came into being a ward of the Soviet State, why he's selected for the mission and then how one of those reasons(ties to anyone) is not exactly true.

The vagueness comes in with the Australian rock climber and the montage of scenes with members of the Vine etc.
    Leaving us 4 issues of things to explore further. I'm excited about where this may go and believe the story's cosmic and time altering themes will develop over the next 4 issues.
    Yeah I'm also excited about that. This story is the first time I haven't tried to break everything down so I can figure out what's going on or about to happen. I'm set to ride it out to the end and then really take a good look at the big picture.

It's funny, I never heard of Dysart or Kindt before Valiant but now they're putting out my favorite books.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

I read it again last night, and yeah, there is some vague stuff in there. Looking forward to it all being fleshed out.

I was left with the impression that Divinity has been haunting his own story. That was the word I could best come up with... haunting.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I read it again last night, and yeah, there is some vague stuff in there. Looking forward to it all being fleshed out.

I was left with the impression that Divinity has been haunting his own story. That was the word I could best come up with... haunting.
    We got similar vibes, my internal processing of it was that he might've been spying on it. Looking in from afar but unable to alter anything(if he even would want to) and that perhaps this spying was a way to try and reconnect to who he was after the process that's made him what he is now.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I've only read Divinity 1 this week. I'll be getting my subscription in a week.

It was ok, but super vague. It's honestly riding the line between genius and pretentious right now.. we'll just have to see what happens next. If it wasn't for the beautiful Prestige format, I'd probably just wait for the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    seems as though we have a Dr. Manhattan in the Valiant U now. Maybe that's a little quick to claim something like that but it could be whats going on.
    Well you're not wrong. Solar used to be a major player in the original Valiant U, and he's kind of like Dr. Manhattan. A lot of people think this Divinity guy is going to be a Solar replacement.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers