Page 391 of 400 FirstFirst ... 291341381387388389390391392393394395 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,865 of 6000
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    I have a few Valiant comics, from the 90s. I know Valiant revamped their continuity in 2011. So, what's a good place to start now?

I'd start with X-O Manowar, Ninjak, Bloodshot and Harbinger from the 2012 relaunch.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

I'd start with X-O Manowar, Ninjak, Bloodshot and Harbinger from the 2012 relaunch.
    seems like they peaked early because i don't think it's been as good since. never gave a crap about 90's Valiant outside of a few issues just for the Bart sears art but i really dug the relaunch stuff.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 04-21-2022 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    seems like they peaked early because i don't think it's been as good since. never gave a crap about 90's Valiant outside of a few issues just for the Bart sears art but i really dug the relaunch stuff.
    2012 through about 2016/2017 were high points for most characters/concepts outside Shadowman. That character is finally circling back to being good. They botched him at the '12 launch. Allowed some creative decisions in his 2014/15 run that soured him and then spent the next few years with him finding his way back. The current title that just ended and continues with Book of Shadows is the best he's been during this incarnation of Valiant.

I think the debatable, "your mileage may vary" titles might be (including the aforementioned Shadowman)
    Generation Zero
    Quantum & Woody (various) I enjoyed the initial run more than some of the other series
    A & A - second Archer and Armstrong series, felt too much like it was leaning into Q&W territory at times for my taste.
    Ninja - K (third Ninjak series)
    Killers Ninjak spinoff
    Faith - especially her second series
    Psi-Lords (felt like in name only to me, re-imagined the concept from 90s)
    Visitor
    Doctor Tomorrow

X-O by Dennis Hopeless

Seemingly Universally Despised mini-series: Dead Drop

Some might put titles like Rai, H.A.R.D. Corps or Doctor Mirage in there as well but I read more positive on those books than I didn't.
    Working from memory, If I didn't put it in my "debatable pile" then l feel the title is largely loved. The big guns, you know who I mean.

Did readers of the VH1 titles back in the early nineties note during the Unity crossover, that the Solar Man of the Atom character effectively took on the role of Askani from Chris Claremont's penned X-Factor: Endgame, and "moved" the baby of Kris Hathaway and John Torkelson from Valiant's 'mutant team' title, Harbinger, through time and space to be raised and trained to become a fighter because someone with his power was needed in the future? This was in 1992, a year after the previous Nathan Summers/Cable storyline, seeming somewhat of a sneaky rip-off. Can Jim Shooter confirm this was his idea or someone else on knob-row?

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    I have a few Valiant comics, from the 90s. I know Valiant revamped their continuity in 2011. So, what's a good place to start now?
    As others have said, your mileage may vary.

As a comics guy who never cared much about the Valiant characters(read occasionally but never had them on a pull list), the X-O Manowar series by Vendetti(2012-2016?) was the highlight for me on the Valiant relaunch. You should be able to find the tpbs relatively inexpensively. Took a few issues to really hit its stride but was the best Valiant comic I've ever read and had me coming back each month.

Amazon has the volume 1 tpb for <$13.

I read Harbinger #7 last night and this has proven to be a good return to the series. The focus, as it should be, on Peter while showing what the state of being a Psiot in the VU currently means.
    A small rebuilding of other Psiots around Peter has proven to be good with Faith dropping in as well.
    My annoyance at reading that issue #8 is the finale has me perturbed at Valiant. Can we not get a title to at least run 10-12 issues anymore?
    I'm sure like X-O and Shadowman just a few weeks ago it was planned to run this short but lets stop calling them on-goings when they are just mini-series now.

Archer & Armstrong Forever #1 - anyone else read this? A fairly decent opening to this new series (which will probably only go 8-10 issues as well, but I digress). We have a new odd ball foe called the Eccentric. A collector of unique items. Not sure how they will work him over the run but hopefully they've thought out a few interesting cameos from A&A past to work with his villainy.

Valiant solicits for August 2022: https://previewsworld.com/Catalog?pu...TAINMENT%20LLC

ArmorClads #3 - so apparently the idea is that the bad guy of the series is on a treasure hunt. That was revealed here. I can't recall any one character specifically sadly. I was hoping the reveal might be that the treasured armor being sought was one of the Vine armors, similar to Aric's. That doesn't seem to be the case. Thus far the book is about plebs rising above to defeat the bad guy. Fairly straight forward. It isn't bad it just hasn't had any of the characters stick with me yet.

Anyone else reading this series?

https://www.cbr.com/valiant-comics-r...ok-of-shadows/

First look at Book of Shadow's main villian Exarch Fane.

Where are the Valiant readers at nowadays?

Harbinger #8 - I know the book was scripted out the way it was so no complaints to it ending. Sadly though it was 8 issues of a real solid re-estblishment of Pete post-Harada. A blip on how Psiots are seen in society (hint, think X-Men) but now we get now immediate follow-up. This is a run that should've been extended past the current editorial situation of 8 issues. For those reading the book do you feel Pete disintegrated The Renegade or absorbed him?

Archer&Armstrong: Forever #2 - This felt like the definition of a "filler episode" that went through some paces to justify what happens next. The last panel is the set up for what is really important. The preceeding 20 pages only served as a montage for the reveal. Here is to hoping the following issues are much more informative and exciting.

Harbinger #8 - I know the book was scripted out the way it was so no complaints to it ending. Sadly though it was 8 issues of a real solid re-estblishment of Pete post-Harada. A blip on how Psiots are seen in society (hint, think X-Men) but now we get now immediate follow-up. This is a run that should've been extended past the current editorial situation of 8 issues. For those reading the book do you feel Pete disintegrated The Renegade or absorbed him?

Archer&Armstrong: Forever #2 - This felt like the definition of a "filler episode" that went through some paces to justify what happens next. The last panel is the set up for what is really important. The preceeding 20 pages only served as a montage for the reveal. Here is to hoping the following issues are much more informative and exciting.
    I enjoyed A&A loved the references to past stories.(something X-O can learn from). The next issue would have connections to the Faraway, hopefully Foxe does a better job at writing this location than the writer of Savage did.
    The preview for Book of Shadows, looks really good the artist can draw cool looking monsters.

I thought he gave the Renegade a new body/identity.

Bloodshot Unleashed and more from Valiant in September 2022: https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalo...TAINMENT%20LLC