Page 187 of 400 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237287 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 6000
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    Either Dinesh or Warren Simons tweeted not long ago "coming soon!" with that teaser image of A&A from FCBD. I think Timewalker may end after #12 and A&A will return (hopefully with FVL writing).

I totally think Harby and Imperium can exist side by side. It might be nice to see the Renegades working against something other than Harada. That's been such a central theme to the book for so long that it might be a nice change. Plus any new Harbinger may not involve Pete. A combo of Renegades and Gen Zero would work pretty well IMHO.

And don't forget Dr. Mirage and Divinity will be back in another mini and Shadowman may be returning by the Spring following his reintroduction in Ninjak.
    I hope Timewalker doesn't end at 12, I like Ivar. My appreciation for the Anni-Paddi brothers is one of my biggest loves of the VU.
    I would love it if all 3 had ongoing titles at the same time. Then a really cool, history spanning, time jumping event series between those titles!!

I'm stoked about the Dr.Mirage second mini. A bit less so about Divinity. Upon a re-read I'm just not as overwhelmed by him as I was hoping to be. I'm not down on Abram but this next mini better really move his story along...and clearly. His mini being pulled out of UNITY hurt that titles sells and the Imprium issues were a jumbled mess as I read them.

I agree that it would be nice to see the Renegades tackling something other than Harada. Even the X-Men don't always and only battle Magneto, it's time VEI moved the needle on Peter and Co.

Shadowman...oh, boy I hope they have things ready to go on him. One of my early, early 90's addictions that was not well thought out upon his 11/2012 relaunch.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    I've been enjoying Ninjak a great deal. The one off fights are well executed and the shadow seven are interesting, but more so than that I like that the Bleeding Monk plays a big role in this and Ninjak's origin, ultimately bringing him into the fold of the larger game in a way he's never been before. I wonder if even Valiant knows what the Monk's end game is, but he might be a bigger villain than Harada is.
    I am not sure the Bleeding and the Undead Monk are the same person.

I agree scribbleMind, it's my first 'full' story arc of Ninjak and it's great seeing him overcome these opponents so methodically.
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Now that looks really cool. I'm always excited when Venditti gets a chance to expand on the X-Overse.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

On the topic of Venditti, it feels as if he has a lot of creative control over VEI comics at the moment (especially with him writing the latest Eternal Warrior series).

That being said, are there any other writers you all would like to see writing for VEI? And for which comics?

EG, Greg Rucka writing Shadowman could be cool.
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

Quote Originally Posted by xMatt View Post
    On the topic of Venditti, it feels as if he has a lot of creative control over VEI comics at the moment (especially with him writing the latest Eternal Warrior series).

That being said, are there any other writers you all would like to see writing for VEI? And for which comics?

EG, Greg Rucka writing Shadowman could be cool.
    The fanboy in me wants Dysart to write a Harbinger or Gen Zero book alongside Imperium, but the reasonable side is scared that it would detract the insane quality we get from just the one book.

Rucka would be cool. Following the dissolving of Unity, I would love to read about a Livewire solo written by Rucka. Either her dealing with new emerging psiots since there's really no one looking out for them or even for them. Or maybe going lone wolf to destabalize Harada from the shadows.

I'm starting to really like Hickman and think he's a writer that could play well with all the crazy concepts that FVL has created so far.

So far though I'm really satisfied with who we have.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    The fanboy in me wants Dysart to write a Harbinger or Gen Zero book alongside Imperium, but the reasonable side is scared that it would detract the insane quality we get from just the one book.

Rucka would be cool. Following the dissolving of Unity, I would love to read about a Livewire solo written by Rucka. Either her dealing with new emerging psiots since there's really no one looking out for them or even for them. Or maybe going lone wolf to destabalize Harada from the shadows.

I'm starting to really like Hickman and think he's a writer that could play well with all the crazy concepts that FVL has created so far.

So far though I'm really satisfied with who we have.
    -
    I would love to see Rucka and/or Hickman come aboard in almost any capacity.

Would like to see a person of color handle Shadowman. Can't think of anyone I would really need to see join up sometime soon. I do think we need new voices, rather than RV and MK doing bulk duties.

Fantastic books this week...

Rai was outstanding and maybe the best single issue to date. Really liking where the book is heading right now. Cool connection to Fall of Ninjak too.

Timewalker was awesome FVL goodness as usual so cool how they used A&A #1 as part of this issue. It'll be too bad to see this book go, but I'm looking forward to more A&A and anything else FVL does for VALIANT.

Bloodshot Reborn took the Nanite tracking story and put a new twist on it. We also get some expansion on the Ray-Magic relationship.

I've been enjoying Ninjak, but have to say the last two issues were not the best. I fear the book will fall into the dreaded Matt Kindt fatigued storytelling zone where the book just meanders around for an arc or two at a time (a la Unity). I do feel he has a good grasp on the character, though, and has done a good job expanding his background from the original version.

As for writers I'd like to see. Nick Spencer would be great on a team book. I could see him bringing some of his THUNDER Agents ideas to a HARD Corps book, or just on a new team book to replace Unity (Secret Weapons maybe?).

Personally, I'd like to see Jen Van Meeter get a shot at Shadowman. Her Dr. Mirage mini showed a great grasp of the Deadside concept and an ability to work in real Vodun mythology into the story.

And Dysart writing a second book would be awesome, as long as it can be of the same quality as his Imperium and Harbinger work to date.

Quote Originally Posted by thewarning View Post
    Would like to see a person of color handle Shadowman. Can't think of anyone I would really need to see join up sometime soon. I do think we need new voices, rather than RV and MK doing bulk duties.
    I'm sorry you lost me at the bolded part. What do you mean?
    Fantastic books this week...

Rai was outstanding and maybe the best single issue to date. Really liking where the book is heading right now. Cool connection to Fall of Ninjak too.
    Agreed, this was the best Rai issue and I can't wait for some EW action. Quick qestion, was the sniffer guy a psiot from the early Unity arc?

On a side note, that tree kind of reminded me of Shanharra.
    Timewalker was awesome FVL goodness as usual so cool how they used A&A #1 as part of this issue. It'll be too bad to see this book go, but I'm looking forward to more A&A and anything else FVL does for VALIANT.
    For me, FVL has the best sense of humor in the comics industry. And I'm always impressed with how he weaves that humor with action and sci-fi. The opening pages were such a tease. I need another ongoing with Clayton Henry on pencils, but I guess I'll just have to settle with the Fall of X-O issue for now.
    Bloodshot Reborn took the Nanite tracking story and put a new twist on it. We also get some expansion on the Ray-Magic relationship.
    I'm loving the direction Lemire is taking this even though this issue read a little fast for me. I feel like this is one big set up from PRS to get Bloodshot back into their fold.
    Personally, I'd like to see Jen Van Meeter get a shot at Shadowman. Her Dr. Mirage mini showed a great grasp of the Deadside concept and an ability to work in real Vodun mythology into the story.
    Van Meter on Shadowman would be pretty awesome for the same reason you said and she's also great at setting the mood or atmosphere. Whether it was missing the husband or the creepiness of the Deadside, I really felt it.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the Artist Hunt at the end of the issue. It's cool to see Valiant experimenting with fresh new artists like that.
    Last edited by harashkupo; 09-17-2015 at 03:06 AM.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

I've been enjoying Ninjak, but have to say the last two issues were not the best. I fear the book will fall into the dreaded Matt Kindt fatigued storytelling zone where the book just meanders around for an arc or two at a time (a la Unity). I do feel he has a good grasp on the character, though, and has done a good job expanding his background from the original version.
    Last week villain was not great and their was a lot of passages about her story. But with the last issues the serie and its contruction that jumps betwen 3 or 4 time periods finally start to make sense to me.
    I know this series has flaws, but I don't know, the meander storytelling is working on me this time.

Man I really enjoyed all 3 of Valiant's offerings this week, it's hard to even pick a favorite. I agree with others that it's sad to see Ivar end so quickly, but if it means more A&A, i'll take it.

Rai teaser: