Page 77 of 400 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 6000

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    So am I took understand the the Dr.Mirage's will be getting an ongoing...or another mini?
    I hope it's an ongoing!!
    Right now it looks like a mini and quacks like a mini so I assume (perhaps wrongly) that it's a mini... Its good to see the characters get another swing at the audiences either way.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    Valiant is pretty easy to jump into. RAI seems fairly self contained. If you pick it up let us know what you think of it here.
    Had a few hiccups with the inventory but I have been able to read the first two trades of X-O. I am now a fan. I know Venditti took over Green Lantern but this was my first time reading his material. Its light and full of action. I plan to pick up a few more trades and also try out Harbinger and Bloodshot. I'd still like to try Rai but I think I am going to get there at my own pace.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I love Bloodshot and Harbinger as well, though personally I felt it took till the second arc for the elements to really gel but once you hit issue #7/8 Harbinger is solid all the way!

RAI is midway in it's second arc, newest issue dropped Wednesday, #6. I'm very eager about what the OHC Deluxe will look like! Crain's art oversized is going to be a visual feast beyond the standard monthly layouts!! Although that isn't likely to drop till 2016 but I recommend RAI hands down!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I love Bloodshot and Harbinger as well, though personally I felt it took till the second arc for the elements to really gel but once you hit issue #7/8 Harbinger is solid all the way!

RAI is midway in it's second arc, newest issue dropped Wednesday, #6. I'm very eager about what the OHC Deluxe will look like! Crain's art oversized is going to be a visual feast beyond the standard monthly layouts!! Although that isn't likely to drop till 2016 but I recommend RAI hands down!!
    Speaking of RAI, the more I read the more I'm convinced a certain psiot is Father.
    Also this last issue reminded me of Crain's Carnage issues especially in some of the designs. His art is always a special little treat.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

I plan on jumping into the Valiant Universe with Ninjak in March. I'll catch up with Rai too. I planned on adding Rai to the pull when it came out but I dropped the ball on that. From what I've seen, the art in Rai is worth the money alone.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by macattack80 View Post
    I plan on jumping into the Valiant Universe with Ninjak in March. I'll catch up with Rai too. I planned on adding Rai to the pull when it came out but I dropped the ball on that. From what I've seen, the art in Rai is worth the money alone.
    If it's possible, maybe consider picking up The Valiant mini-series? Ninjak looks to be heavily involved, and ithe series promises to be a great intro into the Valiant Universe for those previously unfamiliar.

Issue #1 came out last month, and issue #2 is out this coming Wednesday.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimates View Post
    Had a few hiccups with the inventory but I have been able to read the first two trades of X-O. I am now a fan. I know Venditti took over Green Lantern but this was my first time reading his material. Its light and full of action. I plan to pick up a few more trades and also try out Harbinger and Bloodshot. I'd still like to try Rai but I think I am going to get there at my own pace.
    Just a heads up... The first two trades for Harbinger and Bloodshot share some subtle links before culminating in the Harbinger Wars event, where things get all sorts of nutty. Picking up the HW trade is advised!!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    Right now it looks like a mini and quacks like a mini so I assume (perhaps wrongly) that it's a mini... Its good to see the characters get another swing at the audiences either way.
    ... and also good to see the supernatural side of the Valiant Universe continue to get fleshed out.

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    ... and also good to see the supernatural side of the Valiant Universe continue to get fleshed out.
    Yes so much this. I enjoyed that last issue of Mirage and it felt like the writer really opened up quite a few options for future writers to play around with on the mystical side of Valiant.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I am still hoping for a new Shadowman series haha. So hopefully these new Mirage minis will spark an interesting in the more supernatural side of Valiant. Its the side I love most haha.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

If it's possible, maybe consider picking up The Valiant mini-series? Ninjak looks to be heavily involved, and ithe series promises to be a great intro into the Valiant Universe for those previously unfamiliar.

Issue #1 came out last month, and issue #2 is out this coming Wednesday.
    Thanks for the advice. I will take your advice. I appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by macattack80 View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I will take your advice. I appreciate the help.
    Yea, seriously, if you're even a little interested in Valiant, read that damn book. Issue 1 blew my mind.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

My Harbinger and Bloodshot books landed last weekend and I blasted through them pretty quickly. It was one of those rare situations where I wasn't familiar with the characters, universe, writers or artists so I kind of went in with no preconceived notions. I was really impressed, moreso with Harbinger, but Bloodshot was great too. I like that it's so grey, the good guys are assholes, the bad guys have noble intentions etc. The frustrating thing is I've now read the HW tie ins before I read the actual event.

I see a couple more deluxe's in my near future. XO Manowar and.....?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    My Harbinger and Bloodshot books landed last weekend and I blasted through them pretty quickly. It was one of those rare situations where I wasn't familiar with the characters, universe, writers or artists so I kind of went in with no preconceived notions. I was really impressed, moreso with Harbinger, but Bloodshot was great too. I like that it's so grey, the good guys are assholes, the bad guys have noble intentions etc. The frustrating thing is I've now read the HW tie ins before I read the actual event.

Archer & Armstrong!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post

It's great that you enjoyed them and yeah I'll double down on what ksbord suggested and say Archer and Armstrong. The best action-adventure-comedy out there.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider