Page 400 of 400 FirstFirst ... 300350390396397398399400
Results 5,986 to 5,989 of 5989
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^
    I'm sure the margins are still tight on these collected editions, heck the monthlies also, so results on what the produce, how it sells will inform and dictate where and how much more collected material they print.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    ^^^^
    I'm sure the margins are still tight on these collected editions, heck the monthlies also, so results on what the produce, how it sells will inform and dictate where and how much more collected material they print.
    That makes sense, sure, but I don't see this ship turning around at this juncture. Do you? Perhaps a hiatus for a couple years and then come back with more VC money that can afford higher profile creative teams and marketing push...? Or sell to Netflix like Millar or Disney?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^^
    I don't see the ship as needing to turn necessarily. It just needs to get back up to speed.
    Now that Alien Books has taken over I give them credit for staying with the 2012 relaunch narratives and character developments within the VU.
    DGM had drastically slowed momentum due to poor management of publishing and Covid almost axed it entirely. So, staying with the metaphor AB just needs to get the material out, regularly while increasing titles and so far that is what the last few solicits have shown. Now they have to keep that pace up AND audiences return. It is a two fold solution, they publisher can only risk X for so long. Let's prove to them we are here.

I do think at some point there is a CEO at one of these studios who will buy DGM/Valiant. It is the nature of the thing.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    I'm glad they are going back to the standard page count. Just placed my order for April and it's about $25 for jus three issues.