Page 204 of 400 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254304 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 6000
    BANNED

So before Wrath comes out, where do you all think Gilad ends up?

also, my knowledge of valiant is not quite there yet but has it ever been mentioned if there was an eternal warrior before Gilad?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent MM View Post
    I just got Ninjak vol1 (my first Valiant TPB)... I loved it!
    The only problem I have with it is in the first issue, on one page. In the flashback where after Colin leaves the cinema, in the background there is a tow fine notice in dollars and then he gets a yellow taxi home and also there are four prostitutes hanging around outside the cinema. Now, I don't know where you can find prostitutes in England, I just know that they don't wait around outside the pictures haha .

Anyway this was great value for money.
    Pshaw, those prostitutes are how you know it's a quality theater.
    Everybody knows that.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Yeah, maybe you just need a new local cinema Agent MM...
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    I've just bought my first Valiant (except Divinity) !
    Of course the cover was a reason... It's the X-O Manowar #1 variant cover by Ribic :
    Hate to be a party pooper, but that's actually the regular (and the best imo) cover.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by gantz_alien_killer View Post
    So before Wrath comes out, where do you all think Gilad ends up?
    I really have no idea. I'm guessing Valiant's version of hell?

also, my knowledge of valiant is not quite there yet but has it ever been mentioned if there was an eternal warrior before Gilad?
    Nope. He is the first and only. At least... I think. This could possibly be false due to Legends of the Geomancer, but I haven't read that yet,
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    I completely agree. I loved how we were shown exactly what Archer was doing and where it came from in A&A. It seems like Gilad just always jumps wildly at his opponents with an ax or what have you. I would love to see him use more techniques and weapons, and maybe get a little background as to when and where his expertise with them came from.
    I was actually really impressed with how Gilad was written in his battle with Unity in the Book of Death #2. That's how I envision him handling battles, with calculated strategy and execution. I thought it was very well done, IMO.

I was planning to wait for the tpb of Book of Death, but hearing spoilers on the ending, and reading the cbr interview about the upcoming Eternal Warrior series first arc, made me break down and read it. I thought it was pretty good! Only small setback for me was I would've liked more backstory on Master Darque, but I'm nitpicking.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    Nope. He is the first and only. At least... I think. This could possibly be false due to Legends of the Geomancer, but I haven't read that yet,
    He's the only one that we know about. LotM doesn't shed any light on it, either – we're just introduced to the adolescent los bros Anni-Padda in the final issue.

Maybe Matt Kindt will introduce an EW foil character that Gilad has formed previous supergroups to fight throughout the ages..! (See it happen next year in Unity: vol 2!)

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 37 View Post
    I was actually really impressed with how Gilad was written in his battle with Unity in the Book of Death #2. That's how I envision him handling battles, with calculated strategy and execution. I thought it was very well done, IMO.
    Yea that was a nice change of pace, and you're right, that is the kind of thing he should do more often. I have a feeling Venditti will do Gilad justice with this series.

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    The deadside arc looks like it's going to be a good one.

Hope you enjoy your first story with VEI.
    thanks, not xactly my first though. i was reading shadowman from about the 1/2 way point until it ended.

did anybody else read the acclaim shadow man series?? my god i love those 1st 4 issues by ennis & ashley wood. never come across anybody else who read those. oh and that N64 game was great too.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    thanks, not xactly my first though. i was reading shadowman from about the 1/2 way point until it ended.

did anybody else read the acclaim shadow man series?? my god i love those 1st 4 issues by ennis & ashley wood. never come across anybody else who read those. oh and that N64 game was great too.
    I was there. Man, those were so different from the rest of the Acclaim line. Then it devolved into a weird voodoo sex thing with Zero having to constantly bang Nettie while fighting off a skeleton Jack Boniface, if I recall correctly. I loved the revamp they tried with ripping the mask out of him, but, of course, we were cancelled shortly after. That art was fantastic.

And I loved the first game, played the poop out of that one. I didn't get much past start in the second one.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Book of Death #4 - So wait, the whole entirety of Master Darque consolidating then stealing the Geomancers powers was tied to a stone/jewel. That stone/jewel is in the middle of a ritual and there are no protections around it and it's able to be broken by a well placed blade---that ends the whole event? Somewhat of a let down, a bit anticlimactic.
    Clearly Gilad isn't dead, it's only a matter of time. I'm not sure that his new series Wrath of the EW will be entirely set in the past either. More that it's a starting point and then they'll reveal why Gilad isn't truly, wasn't ever, truly dead as we see at the conclusion here.

BoD:Legends of the Geomancer #4 - I enjoyed this chase series pretty good as well but am still left wondering a few things. So Anni and Padda were enemies till the end. They each became representations of Life(Earth) & Death...so how come how immortal brothers are Anni-Padda? Maybe I need a re-read, is Padda their father?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

BANNED

i'm kinda digging Shadowman's upcoming new look, as seen in Book Of Death #1.

SM.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by crossbones View Post
    i'm kinda digging Shadowman's upcoming new look, as seen in Book Of Death #1.
    I'm not sure if that's the Shadowman we're gonna be seeing in the current universe.

BANNED

seems to me, and i might be wrong here, that the picture you posted from the upcoming Ninjak arc, has Shadowman in some kind of mystical chains set on him by Darque after the conclusion of End Times by Milligan.

i'm guessing that once Punk Mambo and Ninjak set him free from the Deadside, and he maybe gets his own book again, the suit and crowbar look is what we'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    Hate to be a party pooper, but that's actually the regular (and the best imo) cover.
    Damn it ! You're right ! I bought it for the cover itself, not for the variant stuff... That's not my thing... In fact it's even better if that's the regular one - such great art : that's a proof of good editorial choices !

(Checking closer it's a kind of variant : the "gold edition" one (?). And yes, that's true the tittle is really shinny - and therefore the armor too ! Sunglasses needed ! I suppose that's why my LCS owner had written on it the word variant - thus my mistake. It was the only one left in the store anyway...)