Page 384 of 400 FirstFirst ... 284334374380381382383384385386387388394 ... LastLast
Results 5,746 to 5,760 of 5989
    BANNED

Shadowman is the best thing from Valiant since Rai, but that's not saying much... Overall I'd rate the post 2012 Shadowman runs like this: Jordan/Diggle/Bunn/Milligan.

Very sad to say but Valiant's been circling the drain since Dinesh was ousted.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    Very sad to say but Valiant's been circling the drain since Dinesh was ousted.
    Creatively that was true. Covid-19 also hit them harder for some reason so now they do seem weaker from a business standpoint as well.
    Contracting to no more than 2 titles a month is very telling. Especially given how many industries are emerging and thriving in a post-Covid19 emergency state.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Creatively that was true. Covid-19 also hit them harder for some reason so now they do seem weaker from a business standpoint as well.
    Contracting to no more than 2 titles a month is very telling. Especially given how many industries are emerging and thriving in a post-Covid19 emergency state.
    I was searching for an image of the pre-bundle cover for Shadowman and a website listed a bunch of Valiant books that looked like they would have come out during 2020.

Interesting with Shadowman-that book had at least 12 issues listed with a variant cover.

https://blog.gocollect.com/valiant-e...or-04-21-2021/

TBD Shadowman #10 (Cover E Tony Moore Pre-Order Edition Variant)
    Cancelled TBD Shadowman #11 (Cover E Tony Moore Pre-Order Edition Variant)
    Cancelled TBD Shadowman #12 (Cover E Tony Moore Pre-Order Edition Variant)
    Cancelled TBD Shadowman #5 (Cover E Tony Moore Pre-Order Edition Variant)
    Cancelled TBD Shadowman #6 (Cover E Tony Moore Pre-Order Edition Variant)
    Cancelled TBD Shadowman #7 (Cover E Tony Moore Pre-Order Edition Variant)
    Cancelled TBD Shadowman #8 (Cover E Tony Moore Pre-Order Edition Variant)
    Cancelled TBD Shadowman #9 (Cover E Tony Moore Pre-Order Edition Variant)

Yusuf Gatewood would be a good fancast for Jack Boniface aka Shadowman.

I knew him from the CW show "The Originals". So he already has experience with New Orleans and the supernatural.

Here's him as Vincent Griffith from the Originals.

Ninjak #1 - from a story perspective one need not have read the prior volume but this is indeed picking up from the beats of Colin having left MI-6. The story was good, I enjoyed the pacing and early hints as to where this could lead. The art is just not to my liking at all. I don't find the style and color palette to evoke Ninjak...too bright. Almost pastel at times.
    I'm going to stay with it and at least say the book tonally is a better fit than what Dennis Hopeless is doing on XO thus far.

Curious about the new Harbinger, I'll be checking that out.

Commentary: So Covid-19 hit Valiant hard. Prior to the pandemic they were releasing 5-6 books a month. Down from a high under Dinesh of 8-10 at any time given mini-series. Coming out of Covid they've been at 2 a month.
    We now have the following titles stated as ongoing:
    XO Manowar
    Shadowman
    Ninjak
    Savage
    Harbinger
    (forthcoming)

By October should we expect to be back at a minimum of 5 books a month from Valiant??

Ninjak #1 - from a story perspective one need not have read the prior volume but this is indeed picking up from the beats of Colin having left MI-6. The story was good, I enjoyed the pacing and early hints as to where this could lead. The art is just not to my liking at all. I don't find the style and color palette to evoke Ninjak...too bright. Almost pastel at times.
    I'm going to stay with it and at least say the book tonally is a better fit than what Dennis Hopeless is doing on XO thus far.

Curious about the new Harbinger, I'll be checking that out.

Commentary: So Covid-19 hit Valiant hard. Prior to the pandemic they were releasing 5-6 books a month. Down from a high under Dinesh of 8-10 at any time given mini-series. Coming out of Covid they've been at 2 a month.
    We now have the following titles stated as ongoing:
    XO Manowar
    Shadowman
    Ninjak
    Savage
    Harbinger
    (forthcoming)

By October should we expect to be back at a minimum of 5 books a month from Valiant??
    This Bleedingcool article has lots of info about Valiants future. https://bleedingcool.com/comics/vali...brand-new-era/

Valiant solicits for October 2021: https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalo...TAINMENT%20LLC
    Yippee! A three book month.

I wonder why Shadowman isn't solicited for October? Come on Valiant, make it 4 books in November solicits!! You can do it!!

Ultimate Member

I wonder why Shadowman isn't solicited for October? Come on Valiant, make it 4 books in November solicits!! You can do it!!
    I think they are doing 4 part minis now. Because Savage was like that too.

i enjoyed the new Ninjak #1 much more than i xpected to. i wasn't at 1st a big fan of the art but there were some panels that really wowed me with the body language.
    like these

if the story continues to be good i have a feeling the art will grow on me even more.

Shadowman #4 not enough action in this issue, but otherwise a good story. They finally revealed who the ghost girl is. The question is how long do we have to wait on issue #5?

https://tripwiremagazine.co.uk/headl...bhdqbCVek7iuUQ

Having worked for a number of A-list publishers, what was it about Valiant – one of today’s most dynamic comic book companies – that attracted him to become the company’s executive editor?

“It was a combination of factors,” Levin said, “but it really came down to the team that’s in place, from Dan Mintz and Fred Pierce on down, not to mention my longtime friend and colleague David Wohl being the one who initially reached out. What sold me was the opportunity to help steer a shared universe that’s inhabited by some of the best characters in comics. It’s one thing to do that somewhere like DC or Marvel where you’re talking about dozens of titles every month, but at the size of Valiant you can actually plan and execute with a level of precision that the larger scale simply doesn’t allow. The original Valiant run in the ‘90s did this incredibly, and it was one of the hallmarks when Valiant Entertainment began publishing in 2012. I’m looking to take what’s already been done and push it in new and thrilling directions. We’ve only begun to scratch the surface of what’s possible here at Valiant.”

That is a nice quote. Now to see if execution flows out of the melodious verbose statement.

Fingers crossed.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr...haracters/amp/

Shadowman's next story arc is called "the dead side war".