Page 340 of 400 FirstFirst ... 240290330336337338339340341342343344350390 ... LastLast
Results 5,086 to 5,100 of 6000
    Mighty Member

Usually I think nothing of the fact that these mini series are four issues. In the case of Secret Weapons, it doesn't feel like the conclusion should be next issue. Rather that's because I just want to see more of these characters or because advancing to the climax seems rushed, I don't really know. Still, it's not a bad thing to be left wanting. Excellent issue, which I can only imagine will lead to an excellent conclusion.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    All the monthlies and that Classic Ninjak Omnibus!!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Usually I think nothing of the fact that these mini series are four issues. In the case of Secret Weapons, it doesn't feel like the conclusion should be next issue. Rather that's because I just want to see more of these characters or because advancing to the climax seems rushed, I don't really know. Still, it's not a bad thing to be left wanting. Excellent issue, which I can only imagine will lead to an excellent conclusion.
    With the way Valiant seems to work, I would not be surprised if we get a follow-up series in 2018.
    Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.

Mighty Member

I wonder what's next now that we're reaching the peak of Aric's evolution from soldier to emperor.

War Mother proved to be an enjoyable return, and really, 4001 Earth is so much more interesting than New Japan. Her husbands jealous seems to come straight out of nowhere, tho. It doesn't feel right because of that, but at the same time when you're only working with four issues you don't have the time to flesh that out in a way that doesn't immediately make you write him off. Personally, if portraying him as an unlikable smuck from the get-go means we get to cut straight to the sci-fi fantasy stuff, I'll take it.

Hope we get a glimpse of 4001 Shadowman and everything that went on there at some point next year, either through War Mother or Rai.

Just read Rapture #4. Looks like we're getting a Greg Smallwood-drawn Shadowman book on March 28. DOWN.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

I read Rapture #4 the other night and I must say that was a very anti-climatic story. I was fully expecting a no holds barred return of Shadowman and yet it ends with Jack still in that Magpie look(which I hate). It has served it's purpose, give me Shadowman already and done right.

It was a lackluster mini but hey, it wasn't Dead Hand at least.

Issue #2 of Faith and the Future Force DID.NOT.IMPRESS.ME.

Mighty Member

I liked it as much as the first one, and I liked how small and personal it actually feels despite history being in danger. Granted, what's happening is exactly what I predicted would happen pages ago as far as Faith and her role, and how that informs the overall plot. My expectations were on the money.

BANNED

Well at least Divinity is not around...unless they jobbed in issue one but again why is Faith in the lead besides being popular?

Its a tech foe that time travels so I don't know shouldn't Ivar and Livewire be leading the charge or something?

Faith doesn't have relevant powers and doesn't even lead her own team...Kris calls most of the shots.

Harbinger Renegade 7 was fine but mildly disappointing. Personally, I'm really digging the series, as a whole, but I have no idea why Valiant seems to think that this was a good direction to go for the series. It's really not doing a good job at getting comic fans excited for HW2, and I find it hard to believe that this series is going to attract any new readers at all.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    I liked it as much as the first one, and I liked how small and personal it actually feels despite history being in danger. Granted, what's happening is exactly what I predicted would happen pages ago as far as Faith and her role, and how that informs the overall plot. My expectations were on the money.
    Pretty much my thoughts exactly. It's a fun book for sure, but the next two issues have a lot riding on their shoulders. I also need to believe that Faith is the only hero for this job, and so far that hasn't happened, but I'm willing to be wooed.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

War Mother and Secret Weapons have both been great and I'm liking the current X-O far more the previous run. I was massively disappointed in Rapture and although I've been enjoying Harbringer Renegade this last issue wasn't as enjoyable to me as the others have been. Faith and the Future Force really isn't doing it for me either but I'll keep reading.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Just read Harbinger Renegade #7 and am at least glad we are back on track with our main characters cause issue #6 felt disjointed coming out of Massacre.
    It feels like this and #8 next month will make for a good feeling of plot momentum.

Oops......
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 09-08-2017 at 03:17 PM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

https://www.newsarama.com/36329-amaz...s-ninja-k.html

Another interview about Ninja-K, Ninjak's second series about the past ninjas A-J.