Page 300 of 400 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310350 ... LastLast
Results 4,486 to 4,500 of 6000

Quote Originally Posted by thewarning View Post
    Each issue comes with a coupon. It's $3.99 an issue. Four coupons = 4 books = $16. You need to send an additional $10 along with the coupons to get your book = $26.

It's a prelude. I'll bet it's a shorter book the way the Legends of the Geomancer issues were. That's pure supposition, but the $26 ain't.

Real glad it's a throwback to something they did 20 years ago.
    I guess I didn't see the part where it said you had to pay an extra $10, but I don't think the $4 from each issue of Renegade is a big deal. I mean, I'm gonna be getting those issues regardless.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by thewarning View Post
    Each issue comes with a coupon. It's $3.99 an issue. Four coupons = 4 books = $16. You need to send an additional $10 along with the coupons to get your book = $26.

It's a prelude. I'll bet it's a shorter book the way the Legends of the Geomancer issues were. That's pure supposition, but the $26 ain't.

Real glad it's a throwback to something they did 20 years ago.
    that's about $5.25 a book in the end. i'm not buying the books either, i'm just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    that's about $5.25 a book in the end. i'm not buying the books either, i'm just saying.
    No one should have to pay $5 for superhero comics.

Anyone else wondering why we only get one Valiant thread? Clearly there's plenty of interest. It's a bit time-consuming and confusing to crawl through the hodgepodge looking for the sub-topic you're interested in, or the discussion you were trying to follow, or just to find out if someone else has already mentioned the thing you wanted to mention.

Anyway... what I wanted to say, but I'm not sure if anyone else has discussed, is what the hell is Valiant doing with their screen adaptations? That web series looks embarrassing - CHEAPJACK VS. THE VALIANT UNIVERSE. This is really how they want to try to reach a broader audience for their core characters?

And for their first shot at a feature film, they choose a series whose title many moviegoers won't understand and can't pronounce, whose story and characters are too complex to comfortably fold into blockbuster movie format, and whose protagonist rapes a classmate in the first issue? I mean no disrespect to the book, by the way - Dysart's HARBINGER and IMPERIUM are easily the two best things Valiant has ever done, and two of my favorite comics series ever. But they wouldn't be my first choice for big-budget multiplex fare. I really feel like the Harada-verse is made for a series on cable or streaming.

Speaking of the flickers: Regarding that video of Dinesh linked several pages back (see what I mean?) - Is that the first we've heard that there's an X-O MANOWAR movie in the works? That would be my first choice for Valiant on the big screen. Or NINJAK.

I'm not always this negative, really. Here's an impossibly cute puppy:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Yohei72; 11-06-2016 at 10:50 AM.

Oh, and to weigh in on GENERATION ZERO: I'm digging it, and the latest issue is the one that solidified that for me. It's pleasingly weird (Gamete! yikes!) and for me successfully straddles the darker vibe of HARBINGER and the more satirical and humorous vibe of Van Lente's ARCHER & ARMSTRONG. Telling a superhero team story through the eyes of a "normal" outsider and making the "heroes" kind of scary and ambiguous is a crucially smart choice. And also I'm from Michigan and appreciate the references to the toxic (pardon the play on words) condition of current state politics.

See? Positive!

Although the high number of negative reactions here makes me wonder about its future. How's it selling so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    Anyone else wondering why we only get one Valiant thread? Clearly there's plenty of interest. It's a bit time-consuming and confusing to crawl through the hodgepodge looking for the sub-topic you're interested in, or the discussion you were trying to follow, or just to find out if someone else has already mentioned the thing you wanted to mention.

Anyway... what I wanted to say, but I'm not sure if anyone else has discussed, is what the hell is Valiant doing with their screen adaptations? That web series looks embarrassing - CHEAPJACK VS. THE VALIANT UNIVERSE. This is really how they want to try to reach a broader audience for their core characters?

And for their first shot at a feature film, they choose a series whose title many moviegoers won't understand and can't pronounce, whose story and characters are too complex to comfortably fold into blockbuster movie format, and whose protagonist rapes a classmate in the first issue? I mean no disrespect to the book, by the way - Dysart's HARBINGER and IMPERIUM are easily the two best things Valiant has ever done, and two of my favorite comics series ever. But they wouldn't be my first choice for big-budget multiplex fare. I really feel like the Harada-verse is made for a series on cable or streaming.

Speaking of the flickers: Regarding that video of Dinesh linked several pages back (see what I mean?) - Is that the first we've heard that there's an X-O MANOWAR movie in the works? That would be my first choice for Valiant on the big screen. Or NINJAK.

I'm not always this negative, really. Here's an impossibly cute puppy:
    If you want another Valiant thread, you can make one. The sticky is just for general discussion. And, in regards to the films, Sony is in charge there. Valiant basically licenses the rights to Sony, and Sony makes the movie. Bloodshot was first, but got pushed back because Sony wants to do Harbinger first, instead.

And nobody expects a web series to have a big budget.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    If you want another Valiant thread, you can make one.
    Ah, I just kind of assumed there was an at-least quasi-official decision there, since I'd thought someone else would have made more threads by now. Well, the next time I have a point to raise re. Valiant, I'll start one.

And, in regards to the films, Sony is in charge there. Valiant basically licenses the rights to Sony, and Sony makes the movie. Bloodshot was first, but got pushed back because Sony wants to do Harbinger first, instead.
    Thanks for the clarification. Does that mean Sony has rights to all Valiant properties and is simply choosing among them? Do we know how much input/sway Valiant has in that? Still a sketchy choice, regardless of whose it is. But I guess we'll have to hear more about XOM to see the bigger picture.

And nobody expects a web series to have a big budget.
    How about the Spanish Inquisition?

Fair enough, but it's not the budget I'm really talking about, it's what's onscreen. "Inexpensive" and "cheap" aren't necessarily the same thing - something low budget can be high quality. That teaser looks cheap and amateurish. Judging from the number of positive comments it got, and the following for stuff like MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS, that doesn't bother some people. But if that teaser were my introduction to Valiant, it would have turned me off their stuff in a heartbeat (in the event, it was a guy at my local comics shop who pointed me their way - sometimes there's still no substitute for ye olde brick 'n' mortar).

Adorable puppy, though, right?

Incredible Member

I've often wondered why Valiant doesn't warrant its own board here. I believe I've seen in the past that there is limited space to host boards on CBR, but with the demise of the Ultimate Universe (and board) it would seem some has cleared up.

Also, I believe Dinesh has mentioned that they maintain significant control over the movies, so hopefully it won't turn into one of those situations where the studio comes in and starts making boneheaded changes.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Mighty Member

Probably because it doesn't have enough content. Like, you can make a single Harbinger thread and that will take case of most of the books they're putting out right now, as well as most of the ones people are talking about. The loss of Rai, X-O, Shadowman, and soon Eternal Warrior is really noticeable. Savage can't get here soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Probably because it doesn't have enough content. Like, you can make a single Harbinger thread and that will take case of most of the books they're putting out right now, as well as most of the ones people are talking about. The loss of Rai, X-O, Shadowman, and soon Eternal Warrior is really noticeable. Savage can't get here soon enough.
    The line does need some serious diversification in tone. At least we still have Ninjak and Rai.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    I'd like to have our own board, but I don't think there is "plenty of interest." This thread moves at a snail's pace, and honestly, there just isn't much Valiant stuff to talk about. I mean, there's the books every Wednesday, but those rarely warrant pages-long discussion, and Valiant only drops big news every month or so. If it were up to me, I would totally have a separate board for Valiant, but I just don't think there's enough fans on CBR, or anywhere else for that matter.

Eh, I disagree. It does look fairy cheap, but I think it looks super high-quality for a web-series. Obviously, I'd rather have a movie or TV show, but seeing as Valiant is a decidedly tiny company, they get what they can get their hands on. Personally, I can't wait, but I can see how it might turn off people who have never read a Valiant book.

Bloodshot, I think, would've been a great idea if it came out before or alongside Deadpool and Logan, but now those two have pretty much covered the over-the-top violence superhero category. Seeing how the X-Men franchise is digging itself into a hole, and we still haven't seen a great high-school aged superhero movie (excluding Homecoming.. potentially), I think Harbinger is the right choice. Plus, Faith is possibly the most recognizable face in Valiant right now.
    But man, Harbinger would make for an amazing Netflix-style show.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    The loss of Rai, X-O, Shadowman, and soon Eternal Warrior is really noticeable. Savage can't get here soon enough.
    I know right? I'm digging Faith more than I ever thought I would, but I'm about ready for some more serous, adult, action-oriented, titles. Valiant has got to realize that the initial fanbase that they gained by making books like X-O, Harbinger, Bloodshot, Shadowman, etc, will leave if all they start seeing is light fare like Faith, Gen. Zero, and A&A. Hopefully Savage and Renegade will scratch that itch.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    I know right? I'm digging Faith more than I ever thought I would, but I'm about ready for some more serous, adult, action-oriented, titles. Valiant has got to realize that the initial fanbase that they gained by making books like X-O, Harbinger, Bloodshot, Shadowman, etc, will leave if all they start seeing is light fare like Faith, Gen. Zero, and A&A. Hopefully Savage and Renegade will scratch that itch.
    And let's not forget Stalinverse!
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Fuutre Instigator kinggirlfriend's Avatar

Just read WRATH vol 2, LABYRINTH. Man that was incredible. I loved everything about it, the prelude, the Dying One, all the incredible art. I'm still bummed there's only one more volume but I can't wait to read it!

BANNED

Why did they change Faith's codename from Zephyr to Faith?

Anyway,you might be interested to check this thread: http://community.comicbookresources....hero-in-comics
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 11-10-2016 at 04:59 AM.