Page 301 of 400 FirstFirst ... 201251291297298299300301302303304305311351 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,515 of 6000
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Why did they change Faith's codename from Zephyr to Faith?
    I wouldn't say they necessarily changed it... I think she was always going by Faith, just like all the Renegades pretty much went by their own names. Iirc, Faith just wanted to be called Zephyr because she thought superheroes need code names... it just never really stuck.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

For those wanting a Valiant-specific board, there is the Valiantfans board. Has a long history, too. http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/ind...373ddbb7fb2ad1

A&A was never a super serious title. It was silly and funny from launch in 2012, it just had less cartoonish art than the current run. My biggest disappointment with the line is the relaunch of Bloodshot USA. It's some Marvel-style bull of relaunching just for the number 1 sales. I've not read Bloodshot Island yet, so I was lost on what was happening in USA.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Mighty Member

Archer and Armstrong wasn't super serious, but it was way more balanced. It was silly in a Princess Bride kind of way where the comedy and silliness were complimentary, as opposed to the current run which is more Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    A&A was never a super serious title. It was silly and funny from launch in 2012, it just had less cartoonish art than the current run.
    Yea, Van Lente's run was silly and funny, but there was always an undercurrent of serious themes and real character growth and interaction. The new series doesn't have that... it's just wackiness on top of more wackiness. There's very little substance.

My biggest disappointment with the line is the relaunch of Bloodshot USA. It's some Marvel-style bull of relaunching just for the number 1 sales. I've not read Bloodshot Island yet, so I was lost on what was happening in USA.
    It's still the same story.. USA takes place immediately after Island. I wasn't that impressed with the first issue, but I couldn't care less about the renumbering. I am, however, worried about what's going to happen afterwards. I'd like Lemire to stay on until #50.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Harbinger Renegade

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/in...iii-shadowman/

saw it on FB and i liked the interview so I might check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post

Harbinger Renegade
    Usually Valiant's trailers are pretty underwhelming and/or cheesy, but this really got my hyped. I can't wait for tomorrow!!

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    http://www.multiversitycomics.com/in...iii-shadowman/

saw it on FB and i liked the interview so I might check it out.
    Awesome. *changes phone wallpaper immediately*
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics

I do not think Rafer Roberts is a very good writer.

It also might be time for me to take a break from Valiant. Really did not appreciate where the preview pages that they've been showing for the past several months fit in to this issue.

For those interested in Harbinger Wars II coupons, the coupon is in the center fold of the book so you can just lift it out of the top staple. You don't need to cut it out of any pages.

Haven't read Britannia yet but hope it's as good as the last two.

Fuutre Instigator kinggirlfriend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thewarning View Post

It also might be time for me to take a break from Valiant. Really did not appreciate where the preview pages that they've been showing for the past several months fit in to this issue.

For those interested in Harbinger Wars II coupons, the coupon is in the center fold of the book so you can just lift it out of the top staple. You don't need to cut it out of any pages.
    I figure since I waited so long to read Valiant to begin with I'm gonna wait for collected editions and reviews to roll in. But yeah, I haven't been won over by anything I've seen so far in regards to the new Harbinger and the upcoming HARBINGER WARS 2. I miss Dysart. I miss IMPERIUM and those characters. To me that's where the story is. But it's only just begun so like I said, I'll wait and see. Plenty of other things to read in the interim.

That's rough. I'm about to pick up my copy in a few minutes and you're not making me feel good about it. I sincerely hope I disagree with you.

Incredible Member

I didn't think it was at all bad... certainly a big improvement over A&A. Interesting story firmly rooted in the Valiant U and with what came before, and the art is fantastic.

Haven't had a chance to read Britannia yet.

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    certainly a big improvement over A&A. Interesting story firmly rooted in the Valiant U and with what came before, and the art is fantastic.
    I agree with all of this. But it should have been great. I was really irked by some of the writing on one page in particular, which I won't address until after more people have read it (so that I don't make anyone notice it if they weren't prone to anyway). But found it overall underwhelming, with a really slow-loading start. And there was a little bit too much similarity to Generation Zero #1 for my tastes, or at least so soon.

In general it seems like the line is skewing a little bit younger in tone. That's totally fine. But maybe this is where I jump off.

Fantastic Member

TO be honest, I thought Renegade #1 was as good as Dysart's #1. That was a book that also took a bit to get ready too and it really wasn't til the end of arc 1/beginning of arc 2 where it really started catching fire.

Funny thing is this was the book where I decided to jump back in after my break. This is the second Roberts book I've read and I'm already annoyed at how he simplifies the characters. I couldn't help thinking the pitch was along the lines of 'What if Harbinger were made into a teen drama from MTV or CW'.

Guess my break with Valiant is looking to go on a bit longer.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider