Page 104 of 400 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 6000

I found Dysart's Harbinger run to be hot/cold. I liked some issues and/or storylines, but didn't care for others.

I was on the fence about buying Imperium, but, two issues in, I'm glad I did. Imperium joins Rai in a tie for favorite current Valiant comic

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Imperium #2 was indeed a great read! This rogue(?) HARD Corps team leader, former Arab terrorist, Gravedog looks to be an intriguing new character.
    I'm not convinced this isn't part of the plan that he and Kozol cooked up and if it is it's possible Bones may not be dead, just strategically injured to look so to garner the Psiots trust enough to get him into Harada. Who best to commit a suicide run than a former Arab terrorist who blew up school buses?
    Chechens aren't Arab.

So... I am a newcomer to Valiant stuff, i have read the first two issues of Imperium, i loved them, but i still have two questions:

-I get that Toyo Harada was the big bad guy in Harbinger, but apparently he lost everything in Harbinger Wars, what happened there?
    -Do Psiots only have psychic and telepathic powers or can they have more?
    "Memento Mori if the nineth lion ate the sun."
    -Zero III

"The man on the moon rules the infinite time."
    -Phi

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dopliss View Post
    So... I am a newcomer to Valiant stuff, i have read the first two issues of Imperium, i loved them, but i still have two questions:

-I get that Toyo Harada was the big bad guy in Harbinger, but apparently he lost everything in Harbinger Wars, what happened there?
    1. It wasn't in Harbinger Wars that Harada lost everything. It was during "Death of a Renegade". A hacktivist exposed all of his dealings, including the Harbinger Foundation, to the world. (Harbinger vol. 5: Death of a Renegade is where it happens and Harbigner vol. 6: Omegas serves as the transition from Harbinger to Imperium.)

2. It really depends. Each Psiot gains a unique ability when activated. Some have flight (Faith) or a form of kenesis (Flamingo, Ion) or healing (Cronus). The only ones that seem to have a multitude of abilities are Harada and Peter Stancheck.

Incredible Member

Hey! Welcome to the wonderful world of Valiant! Hopefully you're first foray into the universe has you interested in checking out other titles!

To answer your questions:

1) Harbinger Wars was Valiant's first crossover event involving Harbinger and Bloodshot. It was not the downfall of Harada, but the case could be made that it set those chain of events in motion. Imperium is technically chapter 2 of the Harbinger story, so if you are interested in reading what happened before, I'd suggest this reading order:
    Harbinger vol. 1 - Omega Rising
    Harbinger vol. 2 - Renegades
    Harbinger Wars vol. 1/Harbinger vol. 3 - Harbinger Wars
    Harbinger vol. 4 - Perfect Day
    Harbinger vol. 5 - Death of a Renegade

Two miniseries came out after the last issue of Harbinger. Harbinger - Omegas is the bridge between Harbinger and Imperium. Armor Hunters: Harbinger takes place during the time frame covered by Omegas and loops in the Armor Hunters event with story lines coming out of the Harbinger series, potentially setting up story lines for the future.

2) There are other abilities that have manifest... Off the top of my head, Generation Zero member Animalia is able to change her appearance currently to look like cartoon animals she had scene on tv.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Hey welcome and glad to have you. Like others have said, Harbinger Wars wasn't what lead to Imperium. It was Vol 5 Death of a Renegade followed by the Harbinger Omegas mini. Now the actual events I'll put into spoiler tags just in case you want to read the issues for yourself.
    spoilers:
    A hacker named @X uploaded secret files from Project Rising Spirit which had information on Psiots and Harada. Beacause of this PRS and Harada were hunting him down but Peter and his Renegades got to him instead. They worked together to fight Harada by breaking into his main base and exposing all the corruption. Huge fight and a couple deaths later Renegades break up and Harada has to shut down and declare 'war' on the world's governments.
    end of spoilers

Psiots' powers like the name shows are mostly psionic based. The way their powers manifest are almost always linked to some sort of mind control. Fire, electricity, telepathy, tk, healing, and even the "shapeshifters" whose powers are just hard shell projections from their minds. There are a couple that differ like the Generation Zero kid who can teleport by opening portals. And then there was a powerset from I think a HARDCORE soldier that used super strength. I forget the issue but it was in the Bloodshot & HARDCORE series.

And if you have any questions about reading orders just click on either links in my signature
    Hope this helps
    Last edited by harashkupo; 03-07-2015 at 10:40 AM.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Thanks for the info guys, i really appreciate it, i have enough money to add one more ongoing to my pull list, im thinking about adding either Ivar: Timewalker or X-O Manowar (i heard the new story arc is newcomer-friendly, is that true?), which one would you all recommend?
    -Zero III

-Phi

Thanks for the info guys, i really appreciate it, i have enough money to add one more ongoing to my pull list, im thinking about adding either Ivar: Timewalker or X-O Manowar (i heard the new story arc is newcomer-friendly, is that true?), which one would you all recommend?
    Depends on what you enjoy. Both are sci-fi but Ivar is just as much fun and adventure as sci-fi. A lot of people keep comparing it to Doctor Who. X-O is a man out of time story and his growth during his incredible journey. It also has big space opera type battles mixed in. Both are good but with X-O, you will definitely find yourself wanting to go back and read his adventures from the beginning. Ivar is just starting and so far it's self contained so it's slightly easier to jump into. If you choose X-O then I would start with last month's issue. It ties into this new arc while also giving you a great background of the main character.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Depends on what you enjoy. Both are sci-fi but Ivar is just as much fun and adventure as sci-fi. A lot of people keep comparing it to Doctor Who. X-O is a man out of time story and his growth during his incredible journey. It also has big space opera type battles mixed in. Both are good but with X-O, you will definitely find yourself wanting to go back and read his adventures from the beginning. Ivar is just starting and so far it's self contained so it's slightly easier to jump into. If you choose X-O then I would start with last month's issue. It ties into this new arc while also giving you a great background of the main character.
    I think i'll go with Ivar, it seems to be the more "fun" out of the two.
    -Zero III

-Phi

I think i'll go with Ivar, it seems to be the more "fun" out of the two.
    Yea, it definitely is. X-O is good, but you're probably gonna feel kinda lost not reading it's first arc, Planet Death, or Armor Hunters.

Timewalker's not my favorite thing in the world (prove me wrong, Van Lente), but it is really fun. I'd actually recommend rewinding a little and reading Archer & Armstrong first, seeing as Ivar is basically a spinoff, but it's up to you.

Welcome to Valiant! Ask us anything.. there's multiple people here that would love to help.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Is Divinity an ongoing?

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    Is Divinity an ongoing?
    It's a four issue mini
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

I have very high expectations for this book. VEEEERRRYY high expectations, for both Ninjak and Bloodshot:Reborn, actually. And I'm confident they'll be met.

The new Ninjak and Bloodshot titles will help carry the Valiant torch to new readers, that books like Ivar and Imperium would not, IMO. (Issue 2 of Imperium fell flat for me. I get they're trying to explore/expand the new characters, but it was way too wordy for me. Art seemed off to me as well, but I don't wanna be a Debbie Downer )

Kindt will take Ninjak to another level.
    Last edited by Agent 37; 03-08-2015 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 37 View Post
    I have very high expectations for this book. VEEEERRRYY high expectations, for both Ninjak and Bloodshot:Reborn, actually. And I'm confident they'll be met.

The new Ninjak and Bloodshot titles will help carry the Valiant torch to new readers, that books like Ivar and Imperium would not, IMO. (Issue 2 of Imperium fell flat for me. I get they're trying to explor/expand the new characters, but it was way too wordy for me. Art seemed off to me as well, but I don't wanna be a Debbie Downer )

Kindt will take Ninjak to another level.
    That's cool, I've seen a lot of people talk about how great the latest X-O was and I felt it was a weak issue. To tell the truth, I'm more comfortable with fans that can be critical without going overboard or not be 100% OMG this is the best EVERRRR!!!!! All the people on this thread have been opened minded to any and every praise and criticism and it's pretty awesome.

And yeah, I'm chompin at the bit for Ninjak. It's been forever since Mann's been on a series. Plus Kindt is writing.
    Cloud nine
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

It's a four issue mini
    Ok thanks.