Page 106 of 400 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 5990
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    It wasnt cancelled, it reached its planned conclusion. The ongoing ended with #25, followed by a 3-issue epilogue mini Harbinger: Omegas.
    Dysarts continuing threads in the ongoing Imperium series which follows Harada.
    Exactly. Harbinger was chapter 1, Imperium is chapter 2. Harbinger: Omegas bridges the two chapters. Armor Hunters: Harbinger and Harbinger: Faith #0 take place during the Omegas miniseries and post Armor Hunters.

So to answer your question, yes, there is much more already out there for you to check out, and more is on the way.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

Ever notice how it's never "planned" until it's time to cancel a title? A book is often promoted as "ongoing" with absolutely no indication that its going to have a "planned" ending until a publisher decides to pull the plug in which case they announce a final issue and release a statement that it was "planned".

Quote Originally Posted by Bslythegamerguy View Post
    So, any more Harbinger on the horizon? I stopped reading at about issue #17 and I heard they cancelled the series, but I'm hoping to see something upcoming for the team eventually. I'm thinking about diving back into Valiant and am also wondering about what's on the horizon for the publisher. I'm a little miffed about Shadowman not having his own book anymore and that Harbinger seems to be dormant, and I also think the world could use less and less Q&W, but what's the happening around the "office" so to speak....
    You ought to jump into Imperium. So far, it's as good (if not better than) the earlier Harbinger issues. It's only on issue 2.

Incredible Member

Ever notice how it's never "planned" until it's time to cancel a title? A book is often promoted as "ongoing" with absolutely no indication that its going to have a "planned" ending until a publisher decides to pull the plug in which case they announce a final issue and release a statement that it was "planned".
    While there may be some truth in what you are saying, I will add that the switch from Harbinger to Imperium was completely justified, planned out years in advance or not. Things change so dramatically at the end of Harbinger that there was no way the title could continue. It was definitely over.

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    While there may be some truth in what you are saying, I will add that the switch from Harbinger to Imperium was completely justified, planned out years in advance or not. Things change so dramatically at the end of Harbinger that there was no way the title could continue. It was definitely over.
    Which I'm sure was written as such once creative learned that Harbinger was to be cancelled. I was heavy into Valiant in 2012 and 2013 and not once did they make mention of a 2 year plan for Harbinger before it would see cancellation, they probably decided it would end somewhere in the late teens.

Incredible Member

Which I'm sure was written as such once creative learned that Harbinger was to be cancelled. I was heavy into Valiant in 2012 and 2013 and not once did they make mention of a 2 year plan for Harbinger before it would see cancellation, they probably decided it would end somewhere in the late teens.
    So getting back to your original question, yes, there is a lot more Harbinger for you to read with the remaining issues of the original series, the two minis, the Faith #0, the Bleeding Monk #0 (I forgot to mention that one) and the newly started Imperium.

Ok, I've been watching this thread all day, and I can't abstain anymore.

Ok, first of all, shorter ongoings are the name of the game in the 21st century. Unfortunately Valiant is not Marvel, and can't set the rules. Sometimes they have to give in, and get another #1 out there. Nothing wrong with that, if it's done well, or for a good reason.
    Secondly, it got a 25-issue run, with three 0 issues, and two spinoff minis. That's honestly pretty impressive for the comic world we live in right now. And who's to say 25 issues is bad? Did you just want Harbinger to continue on, indefinitely. Does everything have to go on forever? 25 issues is respectable.
    Thirdly, what's so wrong about canceling a series, in order to launch a follow-up, to get more readers? Like I said above, if it's done well, I don't have a problem with it, and I don't understand why you would either. Valiant canceled three of their major titles a while ago, in preparation for Valiant Next. I was a little upset about A&A's cancellation, because it felt like it was just treading water those last few story arcs, but Van Lente/Henry moved to Ivar, Timewalker, and it's been awesome. Bloodshot desperately needed a relaunch because it had no direction, and needed a shiny #1 to signify that the new Bloodshot book will be drastically different. In Harbinger's case, the story was over. Now sure, let's play devil's advocate and say Valiant canceled it, out of the blue, and Dysart had to wrap it up quickly. Even if that was the case, it didn't feel like it, and that's what's most important here. Harbinger's last arc, and especially #25 felt like finality. It truly felt like the Harbinger story was over. And plus, it's morphed into Imperium, starring Harada, which has been amazing.
    And finally, it was Dysart himself that made the statement, not Valiant. Valiant has proven to be very supportive of their creators, so I don't know why now, of all times, they're turning into the big bad and canceling everything you love.

Which I'm sure was written as such once creative learned that Harbinger was to be cancelled.
    Even if you're right, who cares? I mean, honestly, why does it matter to you that much? All that matters is the final product, and as you've heard from multiple people on this board it came to a pretty satisfying conclusion. Personally, I think it's really nice having a self-contained, 25-issues story as "Chapter 1" of Dysart's Valiant/psiot story, because "Chapter 2" is looking to be better than Harbinger ever could be. I'll admit, I'm a little sad that the Renegades aren't major players anymore, but it's hard to be too worried about them when spoilers:
    they've broken up, and the only one left (Faith) is off doing her own thing
    end of spoilers, and Imperium has been so damn good, and looks to have a lot of promise and intrigue.
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 03-09-2015 at 12:24 PM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

So i'm another newbie to Valiant. I read the first couple of arcs of both XO and Unity a while back but it seems like a daunting task to catch up. I've also read the first two books of Imperium and plan to jump into Ninjak as well. This is a great thread as you guys all seem very passionate about the line and I look forward to jumping into the discussion as I continue to read and learn more.

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    So i'm another newbie to Valiant. I read the first couple of arcs of both XO and Unity a while back but it seems like a daunting task to catch up. I've also read the first two books of Imperium and plan to jump into Ninjak as well. This is a great thread as you guys all seem very passionate about the line and I look forward to jumping into the discussion as I continue to read and learn more.
    Seeing all of the new posters on this forum is nice to see. I just started posting on this forum fairly recently, but have seen lots of new names joining in the discussions even in my short time.

It's nice to be getting in on the ground floor of something new at the same time as other people. Makes it seem like something big is happening, haha.

I'm pumped to discuss NINJAK!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking to dive back into Valiant but I feel so.....out of the loop. Anyone got a timeline of titles and changes that's happened since the changes happened?

Incredible Member

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking to dive back into Valiant but I feel so.....out of the loop. Anyone got a timeline of titles and changes that's happened since the changes happened?
    Not sure if this would help, but harashkupo has links to a reading order he's compiled. Perhaps check that out, unless you're wondering anything specific?

Yea dude, nice to see a new reader again! There's something incredibly exciting about being a part of something that will rival Marvel and DC in the future.

Don't worry about reading every single thing in order to catch up. If you're interested in the Valiant Next stuff (The Valiant, Ivar: Timewalker, Imperium, Divinity, Ninjak, Bloodshot: Reborn, Quantum & Woody Must Die!, Dead Drop) just start up at any of these number ones. They're all pretty freakin great, but you need to make buying The Valiant 1-3 a priority, asap.
    If you care about reading the entire thing, just pick a favorite and start at #1. You don't need to know about the entire universe in order to enjoy any one book. You've already read X-O and Unity, so I'd recommend sticking with those so you can read the Armor Hunters event later. Other than that, you should check out the funny side of the universe with Quantum & Woody or Archer & Armstrong.

Yea, harashkupo has a nice reading list in his signature. Just go back a page or so.
    I'm not sure what you mean by 'changes'. If you're talking about the whole Valiant Next initiative thing, here's the big shifts:
    Bloodshot -> Bloodshot: Reborn by Jeff Lemire and Mico Suayan
    A&A -> Ivar, Timewalker by Fred Van Lente and Clayton Henry
    Harbinger -> Imperium by Joshua Dysart and Dough Braithwaite
    Quantum & Woody ongoing -> Valiant-Sized One-Shot, then Q&W Must Die mini-series.

Other than that, X-O and Unity keep going uninterrupted, and Rai came bake from a break, and is going on another after April's issue. And we got some awesome mini-series in the form of Dr. Mirage, The Valiant, and Divinity.
    What have you read so far?
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    Yea dude, nice to see a new reader again! There's something incredibly exciting about being a part of something that will rival Marvel and DC in the future.

Don't worry about reading every single thing in order to catch up. If you're interested in the Valiant Next stuff (The Valiant, Ivar: Timewalker, Imperium, Divinity, Ninjak, Bloodshot: Reborn, Quantum & Woody Must Die!, Dead Drop) just start up at any of these number ones. They're all pretty freakin great, but you need to make buying The Valiant 1-3 a priority, asap.
    If you care about reading the entire thing, just pick a favorite and start at #1. You don't need to know about the entire universe in order to enjoy any one book. You've already read X-O and Unity, so I'd recommend sticking with those so you can read the Armor Hunters event later. Other than that, you should check out the funny side of the universe with Quantum & Woody or Archer & Armstrong.

Yea, harashkupo has a nice reading list in his signature. Just go back a page or so.
    I'm not sure what you mean by 'changes'. If you're talking about the whole Valiant Next initiative thing, here's the big shifts:
    Bloodshot -> Bloodshot: Reborn by Jeff Lemire and Mico Suayan
    A&A -> Ivar, Timewalker by Fred Van Lente and Clayton Henry
    Harbinger -> Imperium by Joshua Dysart and Dough Braithwaite
    Quantum & Woody ongoing -> Valiant-Sized One-Shot, then Q&W Must Die mini-series.

Other than that, X-O and Unity keep going uninterrupted, and Rai came bake from a break, and is going on another after April's issue. And we got some awesome mini-series in the form of Dr. Mirage, The Valiant, and Divinity.
    What have you read so far?
    I've read X-O 1-20, Bloodshot 1-12, Shadowman 1-10, and Harbinger 1-16, but I've read a few issues of A&A and Q&W which I didn't like (but the other books I did). I stoped reading due to taking on too much thanks to Dynamite and their Pulp stuff at the time, as well as Dark Horse's Project Black Sky stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    Testify on that... If Valiant = my favorite comic books, Babylon 5 = my favorite TV show.
    Every year I bust out the DVDs and re-watch the series. Well no, that's a lie. I watch the last couple eps of season 1 through the rest of the series. My favorite Lando/G'Kar moment has to be the elevator scene.
    Lando --"Can anyone hear me?!"
    G'Kar--"I hear you hehe"
    HA! I totally feel you on that. We hear it all the time but anyone who's been paying at least some attention to whatever storyline knows it's complete BS. But not this time. Did they really plan to exactly issue 25 at the beginning? Probably not. But did the story naturally evolve to that point? Most definitely yes. Reading the interviews during that time you can easily see how Mr. Dysart ended up where he did. I don't know your tastes in comics but I believe you're doing yourself a disservice by not following through to at least the end of Harbinger. It's an amazing story and it's not hyperbole when I say that Mr. Dysart somehow gets better in Harbinger Omegas then gets even better in Imperium. There's a natural flow and regardless of the titles, they ARE the same story. If you do give it a chance I and the rest of the Valiant board would like to hear what you thought about it. Oh yeah, check my signature for reading orders and just ask any questions to fill in the blanks for anything more specific.
    There's a $25 fee to join or else...BUM BUM BUUUUMM(ominous music)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 37 View Post
    Seeing all of the new posters on this forum is nice to see. I just started posting on this forum fairly recently, but have seen lots of new names joining in the discussions even in my short time.

It's nice to be getting in on the ground floor of something new at the same time as other people. Makes it seem like something big is happening, haha.

I'm pumped to discuss NINJAK!!
    1 DAY
    11 HOURS
    9 MINUTES
    30 SECONDS
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Oh trust me, Harashkupo, I'm waiting on the remainder of the series to come I'm as I type this but I'm also thinking of getting them digitally as well. I was there for the early portion of the relaunch and I'm planning on seeing it all through.