Page 108 of 400 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 6000
    Fantastic Member

1. We are getting Ninjak in less than 24 Hours (Plus Star Wars and finally finding out what Rabum Alal is in other series). Thought I'd remind everyone.

2. Seeing that Bloodshot Reborn #2 preview is making me even more nervous that they're going to kill Kay off to give Bloodshot manpain. I like to think Jeff Lemire is smarter than that, but I can't help it. Been burned too many other times.

Quote Originally Posted by Bslythegamerguy View Post
    I was heavy into the Dynamite pulp stuff which is not as robust as it once was, same goes for the Dark Horse Project Black Sky titles, though I am giving Archie's Dark Circle stuff a whirl....

But it's nice to be jumping back into Valiant.
    I'm a PBS dropout myself as it is crumbling. I will continue to read X for as long as he lasts simply because he's badass, but that's it for me. Dark Circle really doesn't appeal to me personally, and I love what i've read from Valiant so far, so i'm really excited to jump on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    I'm a PBS dropout myself as it is crumbling. I will continue to read X for as long as he lasts simply because he's badass, but that's it for me. Dark Circle really doesn't appeal to me personally, and I love what i've read from Valiant so far, so i'm really excited to jump on board.
    I'm still reading X as well, and if it wasn't for the "Marked for Death" story arc moving into Cap Midnight, I'd probably stop reading that too.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    Small, superhero shared-universes are kinda my thing. I still read other stuff, but Valiant is my core universe that I invest in every month.
    Same here. That's what I grew up on and I like it.

I was into PSP and the Kirbyverse at Dynamite until they both disappeared, and now I have no interest in PSP being...what? Rebooted? Reimagined? Whatever.

I liked PBS fromDarkhorse, especially Brain Boy and Captain Midnight. Too bad that's going by the wayside, but DH, like Dynamite, has shown it isn't willing to support an original universe.

Dark Circle does nothing for me as it's just reboot after reboot for Archie's classic superheroes.

So there's VALIANT---shared universe, easily accessible, three years running and never shipped a book late, consistently high quality and only getting better--That's a no-brainer. There's no other company, and no other shared universe, I'm willing to follow right now. They've given me no reason to.

*Note, this statement is directly aimed at publisher owned or licenced shared universes and in no way reflects my love of several independent superhero comics
    Last edited by BugsySig; 03-10-2015 at 04:35 PM.

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Wait, so you only read stuff thats part of a shared universe?

Thats seems... limiting.
    Nah, while I prefer a shared universe I enjoy branching out and reading books that are stand alone or a part of something else. I always am on the lookout for a fun story.

What's the deal with Peter Milligan. I read his x force and x static a while back, and quite liked and thought it's a kirky and fun parody of xmen.

Then Valiant got him on board and advertised him as a master storyteller. Then I really disliked his work.

He added weird "depths" to characters to make them edgy and unlikable... First it's Jack Boniface, then it's his dad, and then Eternal Warrior was actually considering killing babies?! (And here I thought the first arc of Eternal Warriors by Pak was confusing and weird. What happened to him btw I quite liked Eternal Emperor)

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    What's the deal with Peter Milligan. I read his x force and x static a while back, and quite liked and thought it's a kirky and fun parody of xmen.

Then Valiant got him on board and advertised him as a master storyteller. Then I really disliked his work.

He added weird "depths" to characters to make them edgy and unlikable... First it's Jack Boniface, then it's his dad, and then Eternal Warrior was actually considering killing babies?! (And here I thought the first arc of Eternal Warriors by Pak was confusing and weird. What happened to him btw I quite liked Eternal Emperor)
    From what I've seen online his Valiant work has been met with mix responses. Personally I've given him the benefit of the doubt and have been disappointed every time. It's gotten to the point where I'm going to avoid any of his future work.

So far it seems like he's been given free reign and maybe that's been working against him. Most of Valiant's books have been incredibly consistent across the board. For example, the Harada you read from Dysart reads the same as the one from Unity and also Bloodshot & HARDCORE. You read Shadowman and all of the sudden it's a completely different world from one issue to another and the same goes for Eternal Warrior.

I don't know why his work doesn't gel with me but every time he gets a hold of a character, they just don't feel like they fit with what's been established.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

BANNED

March 11, don't forget Ninjak #1!

I already created a post about it in comic vine as well as posted about it on the x-crescence thread at the x-boards forum here in this site.

Incredible Member

Happy/Merry Ninjak Day, everybody!

Excited to read issue #1 in about an hour on Comixology, and then later today I will be heading to Matt Kindt's signing in South St. Louis to get an autographed copy or two!
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    Happy/Merry Ninjak Day, everybody!

Excited to read issue #1 in about an hour on Comixology, and then later today I will be heading to Matt Kindt's signing in South St. Louis to get an autographed copy or two!
    wow! That's so awesome. How I wish I live in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    March 11, don't forget Ninjak #1!

I already created a post about it in comic vine as well as posted about it on the x-crescence thread at the x-boards forum here in this site.
    I'm anxious for the first reviews...
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I thought it was really good. Great art by Mann and Guice. Great jumping on point for new readers. Roku is a total bad ass dangerous character and Ninjak is developing a lot of depth as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    http://valiantcentral.com/review-ninjak-1/

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    I thought it was really good. Great art by Mann and Guice. Great jumping on point for new readers. Roku is a total bad ass dangerous character and Ninjak is developing a lot of depth as a character.
    Yea, I really liked it too. I'm beginning to hate that therre isn't much to talk about in #1 issues, so I'll just make it short and sweet.
    Clay Mann was a lot better than anticipated. Better than X-O 0 imo. Butch Guice was phenomenal.
    It's super interesting flashing back to Ninjak's childhood, but it's even more nteresting seeing his first days as 'Ninjak.'
    The new villains, Roku and that sumo-wrestler looking guy, were great. Roku is legitimately terrifying, and the mob sequences reminded me of The Raid in the best way possible.
    spoilers:
    There's other Ninja's under the employ of MI-6? And the reason for Ninjak's name is because.. Ninja-K!?!?
    end of spoilers
    Neville is awesome. He better be in every issue, because their banter is always fresh, funny, and snappy. They both respect and count on eachother in a sort of unspoken way.

And one complaint:
    I didn't know what the **** was going on during the first fight scene between Ninjak and Roku.

EDIT: Comparing first issues:
    1. The Valiant
    2. Imperium
    3. Ninjak
    4. Timewalker
    5. Divinity
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 03-11-2015 at 10:47 AM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

I dunno. I didn't get as pumped up about Ninjak as i wanted...kind of a subdued start? And I didn't go in expecting my mind to get blown...

I was always going to buy it, and I'm going to keep reading, but it seemed somewhat generic to me. Rich guy, gadgets, butler, missing parents, black and white movie...