Page 110 of 400 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 6000

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I totally loved the Ninjak #1
    spoilers:
    The thing with Ninja-A, Ninja-B was a new take on things. I can't recall if it was stated in the OG book or if was a fan thing but I seem to recall thinking that Ninjak was a combo of Ninja + Union Jack=Ninjak, but I'm fine with this take. It feels even more James Bond-ish, like there are multiple double 00 agents beside 007.
    end of spoilers

Roku seems to indeed be a force to deal with.spoilers:
    I had no real issues with the "belt", alluded to discipline scene.
    end of spoilers

Going under the radar is an excellent issue of UNITY #16 featuring Gilad in a solo tale like Ninjak last issue and that Livewire gets for #17!!
    This single "one shot" issue w/Gilad read better than the whole last 3 issue mini for me. I really need VEI to nail down how they are going to portray Gilad, this is what I envision being the dominant personality trait for the Eternal Warrior.
    Most of the talk has been about Ninjak #1, and deservedly so. Can't wait to see more characters from the Shadow Seven. If Roku is any indication, they should be awesome.

But you are totally correct in saying Unity #16 delivered! I really enjoyed this issue, and found it refreshing. Even though it was a stand alone story, it added some depth to Gilad's character.

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    Did I jinx it? I feel like this is my fault.
    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 37 View Post
    But you are totally correct in saying Unity #16 delivered! I really enjoyed this issue, and found it refreshing. Even though it was a stand alone story, it added some depth to Gilad's character.
    At first I thought it was going to be a 'woe is me I'm immortal' story but it took a totally different direction. It was cool seeing him keep a forgotten part of history alive throughout the different generations. I can't wait for Livewire's issue.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Roku seems to indeed be a force to deal with.spoilers:
    I had no real issues with the "belt", alluded to discipline scene.
    end of spoilers
    Tell me about it.
    Ninjak (2015) - Digital Exclusives Edition 001-038.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post

Beautiful!

The cover's not too bad either.

That's a cool cover but that artist change has me worried.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Yeah, she's hot. She's gonna end up an ally, watch...

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 37 View Post
    Most of the talk has been about Ninjak #1, and deservedly so. Can't wait to see more characters from the Shadow Seven. If Roku is any indication, they should be awesome.
    Ninjak is the only Valiant title I'm getting. When I stray from Marvel it's, generally, for something like this. I was pretty impressed with the first issue. My son hasn't read it yet, but he's really into martial arts and ninja characters...

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Ninjak is the only Valiant title I'm getting. When I stray from Marvel it's, generally, for something like this. I was pretty impressed with the first issue. My son hasn't read it yet, but he's really into martial arts and ninja characters...
    He would probably get a kick out of the opening arc of Archer & Armstrong.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    That's a cool cover but that artist change has me worried.
    Me too. I was hoping at least one of the Valiant Next ongoings would keep the same artist for the entire run.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    He would probably get a kick out of the opening arc of Archer & Armstrong.
    Oh yeah? I might have him check into it, then...

Yeah, she's hot. She's gonna end up an ally, watch...
    Yeah.
    Medusa + Yelena Belova = Roku.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Oh yeah? I might have him check into it, then...
    Cool, I hope you both enjoy it.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

BANNED

Oh please try Dark Horse's X too. Ninjak and X are awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    Taking into account that I have yet to pick up my copy of Ninjak, I agree with this list.

The Valiant has been really enjoyable, Imperium got off to a fantastic start in the heels of Harbinger and Timewalker was fun in a Whovian homage/ripoff kinda/sorta way.

However I dont know what to make of Divinity yet, seemed like Kindt was trying too hard to deliver the next Solaris/2001 mashup and didnt quite get there. But I'll read the whole mini before coming to a conclusion.
    Divinity left me cold, I had high hopes but 3 more issues to go. Ninjak was great I'm in for the first arc.

I'm here to poop over your party:
    Two questions:

(1) Did Matt Kindt turn into a writing machine? Unity, Rai, Valiant (co-writing mini) and Divinity (mini), Ninjak. Ongoing or mini, Either way he's writing half of the titles from Valiant. Bad things are bound to happen when you become a machine, right?

(2) Are there any Valiant #3 detractors around this part of Internet? I understand they want to focus on the interaction between Bloodshot and Geomancer, but the result is that the big fight outside is super rushed. And worse, the army is too big for their (writers') own good, for example:
    (a) Generation Zero are willing to work with Major Palmer? And they did nothing in the battle either.
    (b) Hwen:
    (i) How come we can see him if we are at the point of view of Eternal Warriors or Capshaw/Alcott?
    (ii) He looks rather corporal and what happens to his forehead?
    (c) Faith and Torque are back together, at least on a battlefield. Awkward~
    (d) Where is Shadowman?
    (e) At one point it looks like Quantum and Doctor Mirage has the same kind of superpower: blue energy hemisphere
    (f) Why is Archer just kicking the Immortal Enemy? You would think he can do a lot more firepower with all the skills around him to download.
    All in all, some rather poorly planned cameos. Their fears are hilarious though.