Page 113 of 400 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 6000

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    So I read the Quantum and Woody Deluxe and loved it. I see there is a Deluxe for Q2 coming out in a few weeks or so. So I have two questions:

1) Do I need to have read the original series for it to make sense/get the most out of it?

2) Does the original series still hold (as in would it be worth shelling out for the omnibus)?
    1) No, you don't have to have read the original in order to get it or enjoy it, but I think it makes it easier to get into right away.

2) I think the original holds up pretty darn well. Obviously there are a few now-dated references, but the art and story both still work quite well the last time I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    So I read the Quantum and Woody Deluxe and loved it. I see there is a Deluxe for Q2 coming out in a few weeks or so. So I have two questions:

1) Do I need to have read the original series for it to make sense/get the most out of it?

2) Does the original series still hold (as in would it be worth shelling out for the omnibus)?
    First of all, sorry, I can't help you with your questions.

Secondly, the continuation of Q&W comes out in June, with the trade for the mini-series, Q&W Must Die, and the "Valiant-Sized Q&W One-Shot".
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    No worries, a second print is on its way!
    I'll check with the comic shop again.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I'll check with the comic shop again.
    Do they do pull lists?
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Incredible Member

Some thoughts on yesterdays offerings:

Ivar, Timewalker #3 - Ok, I need to read this one again. Meatier than a steak sandwich, and I think I missed some stuff. I do like to see Neela stepping out of her she'll and taking charge of the situation she is in. Right or wrong, who can say, but Ivar has definitely been playing games with her, so it is all his fault how this plays out.

Brief aside, can I just say how much I am enjoying this version of Ivar? Definitely more well-rounded a character than the original version, who seemed more just a carbon copy of Gilad but with time-travel mixed in. And the Acclaim version... well, not even sure where to go with that guy...

Divinity #2 - Now we're talking! This was a big improvement over the first issue, and I liked the first issue! More mysteries on what happened to Abram in space (who else is up there with him?) and Unity makes their arrival. I loved the bits about Abram seeing what was happening back on Earth while he was away, the image of GIN-GR cements just how important the Armor Hunters event was to the Valiant Universe. Also loved the brief philosophical discussion between X-O and Ninjak on the right/wrong of taking out a man with the power and apparent desire to make life better for everyone.

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    Do they do pull lists?
    I think not. They were not able to reserve one for me because I didn't tell them right away. I thought it wasn't going to sold out. So it was also my fault.

Well my shop was shorted on divinity #2. Bummer. I ordered an issue and they are trying to reorder so hopefully will get it next week. Was looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    Well my shop was shorted on divinity #2. Bummer. I ordered an issue and they are trying to reorder so hopefully will get it next week. Was looking forward to it.
    Way better than the first issue you will enjoy.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I am going to Wonder Con soon and I am going to see if they have any plans for Shadowman haha. I am still waiting for his return.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    I am going to Wonder Con soon and I am going to see if they have any plans for Shadowman haha. I am still waiting for his return.
    Keeping that hope alive.
    Make sure to take pics and share with the less fortunate
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Keeping that hope alive.
    Make sure to take pics and share with the less fortunate
    Of course haha, will do the same for San Diego Comic Con.

I know I am in the minority, but I loved Shadowman. Supernatural stories are my favorite haha.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    I'm here to poop over your party:
    Two questions:

(1) Did Matt Kindt turn into a writing machine? Unity, Rai, Valiant (co-writing mini) and Divinity (mini), Ninjak. Ongoing or mini, Either way he's writing half of the titles from Valiant. Bad things are bound to happen when you become a machine, right?

I don't know if it's due to the workload or if he's simply going for different styles, but I've liked some of Kindt's work with Valiant, while some of his Valiant work I haven't cared for....I love Rai, although it was a slow burn (Started loving it by the 3rd issue) I gave a chance to due to the art. Divinity I've liked quite a bit so far.

A lot of Valiant fans seem to be raving over Kindt's The Valiant, but I thought the first two issues were just OK, and the third issue I found disappointing. Out of the newer Valiant titles, I've enjoyed Imperium, Divinity, and Ivar far more than The Valiant, but maybe that's just me.

(2) Are there any Valiant #3 detractors around this part of Internet? I understand they want to focus on the interaction between Bloodshot and Geomancer, but the result is that the big fight outside is super rushed. And worse, the army is too big for their (writers') own good
    I didn't mind the interaction between Bloodshot and Geomancer. It was well done, for the most part. I didn't like the resolution to them being attacked. I think it was the way the artwork portrayed the action, with Bloodshot throwing the vehicle. Just looked odd, but that's a minor complaint....What they should have done is stretch the story out so the large-scale battle would have been portrayed better than what we ended up with.

(a) Generation Zero are willing to work with Major Palmer? And they did nothing in the battle either.
    A definite weak-point. Valiant is known for having a cohesive universe, so they should've given a believable explanation for Generation Zero working with Major Palmer. Generation Zero isn't exactly filled with the most amiable characters, and just assuming a large threat would make them willing to work side-by-side with Palmer isn't enough for my suspension of disbelief......The easiest resolution to this would've been not having Generation Zero in there. I get that they were trying to put a large number of Valiant's characters in the battle to make it look more epic, but they messed up on this.

(f) Why is Archer just kicking the Immortal Enemy? You would think he can do a lot more firepower with all the skills around him to download.
    All in all, some rather poorly planned cameos. Their fears are hilarious though.
    A far more glaring weak-point. Unless Armstrong doped Archer up on heroin, Archer would've used whatever abilities he could download around him, and there was a wide variety for him to go for. He wouldn't have simply gone forward like an idiot trying to kick this all-powerful villain.
    Last edited by Ramsay Snow; 03-21-2015 at 06:44 AM.

Of course haha, will do the same for San Diego Comic Con.

I know I am in the minority, but I loved Shadowman. Supernatural stories are my favorite haha.
    Hopefully Van Meter and De La Torre have some kind of supernatural story lined up soon because they absolutely killed it with Dr. Mirage.

In the meantime I highly suggest the new Nameless series by Morrison. It's third issue is coming up at the beginning of April so you don't have too much catching up to do.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Incredible Member

Sounds like they may announce the summer event at WonderCon, PT. Hope you can make it to their panel and get the details for us!