Page 15 of 400 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    So this definitely just happened........

Last week I had just finished reading every first volume of every Valiant comic, and needless to say, they kind of blew me away. I couldn't help but send fanmail. He emailed back asking for my mailing address. I replied:
    "It's awesome to hear back from you, I'm 99% sure Marvel or DC wouldn't have said anything. I'm so excited to get into the universe; those sales really did work on me, Now the only problem is trying to get my friends into these comics..."

And this morning I freakin' got this in the mail!

^Is this one of those gold variants?
    Good for you, all of that's pretty cool. So what's your favorite Valiant title right now?
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Good for you, all of that's pretty cool. So what's your favorite Valiant title right now?
    Well it's definitely between Harbinger, Archer & Armstrong, and Quantum & Woody, but I've only read the first volume of everything so far so it's hard to say.

I haven't read Unity though... Should I read Unity 1-4 before I get to X-O Manowar 18 (which begins "At War with Unity")? It's not really a huge deal if I get a little spoiled because X-O's not my favorite series, but I don't want to completely ruin my X-O experience.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Spectacular Member

Regarding the harbinger war ohc, is it worth it you guys think to get it if you have harbinger deluxe vol 1 and plan to get bloodshot ohc as well?

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Regarding the harbinger war ohc, is it worth it you guys think to get it if you have harbinger deluxe vol 1 and plan to get bloodshot ohc as well?
    No, absolutely not. The Harbinger Wars HC collects:
    Harbinger Wars Mini (1-4)
    Harbinger (11-14)
    Bloodshot (10-13)

You already have Harbinger 11-14 and the Bloodshot HC includes 10-13. It would be a huge waste of money to get the huge HC. Just get the Harbinger Wars TPB.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics

No, absolutely not. The Harbinger Wars HC collects:
    Harbinger Wars Mini (1-4)
    Harbinger (11-14)
    Bloodshot (10-13)

You already have Harbinger 11-14 and the Bloodshot HC includes 10-13. It would be a huge waste of money to get the huge HC. Just get the Harbinger Wars TPB.

I agree.

As for the question on Unity/XO #18, I don't think it matters, but at least two of the XO issues in use arc fill in some details between Unity issues.

Well it's definitely between Harbinger, Archer & Armstrong, and Quantum & Woody, but I've only read the first volume of everything so far so it's hard to say.

I haven't read Unity though... Should I read Unity 1-4 before I get to X-O Manowar 18 (which begins "At War with Unity")? It's not really a huge deal if I get a little spoiled because X-O's not my favorite series, but I don't want to completely ruin my X-O experience.
    You have good taste A&A's humor is consistently funny and Perez really hits a new level of awesome with his artwork in the #0 issue and onward. Harbinger brought me into Valiant so automatically it holds a special place but man oh man that series blows my mind.

In regards to Unity, my suggestion would be to try to read it altogether. When I first started reading X-O I thought it was merely okay but then Unity happened and now I'm loving it. Aric goes through a great transformation as a character and I enjoyed every step of that evolution. And when you do finally catch up I'm pretty sure you'll like the way his story leads to Armor Hunters which for me is Valiant's best work to date.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

BANNED

So this definitely just happened........

Last week I had just finished reading every first volume of every Valiant comic, and needless to say, they kind of blew me away. I couldn't help but send fanmail. He emailed back asking for my mailing address. I replied:
    "It's awesome to hear back from you, I'm 99% sure Marvel or DC wouldn't have said anything. I'm so excited to get into the universe; those sales really did work on me, Now the only problem is trying to get my friends into these comics..."

And this morning I freakin' got this in the mail!

^Is this one of those gold variants?
    wow. this is awesome. you deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    wow. this is awesome. you deserve it.
    Thanks! I don't really know why I deserve it, I just wrote fanmail..

Incredible Member

Thanks! I don't really know why I deserve it, I just wrote fanmail..
    Oh, there have been examples of this in the past... let's just say Valiant knows a thing or two when it comes to showing fans they are appreciated!

Both books this week were awesome.

XO #27 continues the story of Primary Reebo and Malgam as they, and we, get some background on the XO armors and see the teams first hunt. I have a feeling Armor Hunter Control has a hidden agenda and may not be entirely honest in his dealings with Reebo and the Hunters.

AH: Harbinger #1 reintroduces us to Generation Zero. These kids have a ton of story potential as they demonstrate the exuberance of youth combined with an incredible naivety and brutal military training. The result is a scary combination that could benefit from a strong moral compass like Zephyr while Cronus may be the leader the remaining Renegades need....I think we may be seeing the seeds of a new team being planted for Harbinger Chapter 2.

BANNED

I just hope there's gonna be more Quantom & Woody after the mini with A&A.

AFAIK the series continues after Delinquents. They may put it on hold until after Q2, to avoid flooding their part of the market, but from this interview (http://valiantcentral.com/interview-...nd-the-future/) I got the impression they will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpace View Post
    AFAIK the series continues after Delinquents. They may put it on hold until after Q2, to avoid flooding their part of the market, but from this interview (http://valiantcentral.com/interview-...nd-the-future/) I got the impression they will continue.
    I have a feeling all of the "Core 9" titles will continue in one form or another after the Fall: XO, Unity, Bloodshot, Harbinger, A&A, Q&W, Rai, Shadowman and Eternal Warrior. Some may be mini series, re numbered, continuing numbered, or have one-shots, but they'll all be there.

I plan to get into Valiant soon, although it may be a while before I can find some good deals for everything. However before I start reading I'd like to ask if anyone can tell me about a couple of groups such as Project Rising Spirt, Harada Corporation/Foundation, and MERO.
    Last edited by sifighter; 07-31-2014 at 02:33 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.