Page 152 of 400 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202252 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 6000

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    It's set in 4001AD Japan. Japan is now a floating nation with thousands(or hundreds) of levels each representing a certain time period of earth's history. For the first time in a thousand years there's a murder and it's up to Rai to figure out the cause. Rai is the guardian of Japan that's pretty much a myth to the people of Japan. He takes his orders from "Father" the mysterious caretaker/creator/law who uses Rai as his sort of right hand of justice deal. Kindt does an incredible job of building this world with it's technology and structure of its society.

And yeah Crain's work is perfection like usual. I'm a HUGE fan of his X-Force and Carnage so you can imagine how excited I was when this was first announced.
    lol Thanks for doing that I'm freakin awful at writing synopses.

I will add a few things though, now that I have something to bounce off of... At the end of issue 8, Rai was thrown down from New Japan onto Earth, which is a really messed up, war-torn place. The second arc (5-8) wouldn't have been the best place to start, but I have the feeling that issue 9 will be good for new readers, because it'll take place (mostly) outside of New Japan.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

BANNED

According to the little information at Comic Vine: http://www.comicvine.com/vincent-van-goat/4005-1910/ , Vincent Van Goat is the pet/father of Quantum and Woody. How true is this?
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 06-28-2015 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    According to the little information at Comic Vine: http://www.comicvine.com/vincent-van-goat/4005-1910/ , Vincent Van Goat is the pet/father of Quantum and Woody. How true is this?
    How can the Goat be one of your favorite characters, and you haven't even read his #0 issue? Or the last 9 issues of Q&W for that matter..?
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    How can the Goat be one of your favorite characters, and you haven't even read his #0 issue? Or the last 9 issues of Q&W for that matter..?
    Cos when I see one, I don't need to have knowledge about him/her first.

And don't you know that Dark Horse's X is my favorite in Dark Horse but I don't have any of his comics? The reason is it's not available in the Philippines.

I also don't have work right now but when I will have work, I will still try to look for the hard copies of X'es ongoing solo. If I can't , I'll go for the digital.

I might just also get the Quantum and Woody series on digital.

BUt I'll definitely buy a hard copy if Goat will have his own ongoing solo.

So uh... who's excited for Book of Death!?

And is anyone here gonna buy Legends of the Geomancer? Cause if I can't find it somewhere online, I'm just gonna be out a (probably awesome) story, and I'd love to hear the recap. I'm honestly gonna be pretty upset if it's not included in the Deluxe Ed. It would just be a waste of talent if it never sees the printed page besides this incentive cover crap.

And, just out of curiosity, I've been meaning to ask if anyone else besides me listens to any Valiant podcast? I'm subscribed to like 5. It's ridiculous, I know, but I don't have any friends that will read Valiant.
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 06-28-2015 at 03:58 AM.

And is anyone here gonna buy Legends of the Geomancer? Cause if I can't find it somewhere online, I'm just gonna be out a (probably awesome) story, and I'd love to hear the recap. I'm honestly gonna be pretty upset if it's not included in the Deluxe Ed. It would just be a waste of talent if it never sees the printed page besides this incentive cover crap.

And, just out of curiosity, I've been meaning to ask if anyone else besides me listens to any Valiant podcast? I'm subscribed to like 5. It's ridiculous, I know, but I don't have any friends that will read Valiant.
    I'm also not getting LOG, that incentive is just disrespectful to Valiants fans and they should know via low sales on it.
    I also listen too the OTV podcast that gives you same day released reviews, they normally find things in the book that I may have missed and have some pretty far out theories on characters/events.

Incredible Member

I am extremely excited for Book of Death! I have been hoping for a long time that Valiant would put out some thing similar to Rai #0 from the original universe, and BoD looks to be it.

For those of you unfamiliar with Rai#0, it was a one shot that bridged the Valiant Universe from 1992 (with Bloodshot's escape from Project Rising Spirit) all the way to 4001 AD. Over the course of the issue the future was revealed in new characters (Bloodshot, the H.A.R.D. Corps, Turok in the present day, the new Rai), events (the rise of Master Darque, the Harbinger War), and deaths of characters (Shadowman, Bloodshot, Archer, X-O Manowar, Toyo Harada.) Over the next several years, we even got to see some of these foretold events come to pass. Heck, Master Darque hadn't even shown up in the comics and we already knew he was somehow involved in Shadowman's death in 1999.

To me, Rai #0 was Valiant drawing a line in the sand in an age where continuity and storytelling were treated by the other companies as throw away concepts... It was Valiant saying no to the meaningless character deaths and subsequent resurrections, and saying we will tell stories that have impact and where those impacts matter in shaping the future of this universe. As I look at what the other companies are doing today (especially DC, who seem proud at their declaration that continuity won't get in the way of a story idea), and I hope that Book of Death is the new Valiant's line in the sand.

I am buying Legend of the Geomancers, ordered online from Collectors Paradise. As a Valiant reader/fan/collector/supporter, it is a no brainer that I would. I understand other's opinions on this incentive, but seeing as how I have spentup to $50 to buy the Gold covers, dropping dime for an incentive story isn't a big deal to me, especially when I will be getting Boom of Death and all it's variants as part of the deal.

By the by, for anyone interested in LoG and looking for a place to get it from, it looks like Collectors Paradise (comicsandcards.net) are selling issues 2 - 4 for $10 each. Looks like they are sold out of issue #1.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

lol Thanks for doing that I'm freakin awful at writing synopses.

I will add a few things though, now that I have something to bounce off of... At the end of issue 8, Rai was thrown down from New Japan onto Earth, which is a really messed up, war-torn place. The second arc (5-8) wouldn't have been the best place to start, but I have the feeling that issue 9 will be good for new readers, because it'll take place (mostly) outside of New Japan.
    LOL I think I'm getting pretty decent at writing run downs.

And you're spot on about #9 being a better jumping on point.

All the tie-ins look like they're going to be amazing and I'm happy that Braithwaite will not only be on the Bloodshot BoD but also sharing art duties on the main title. I'm in a wait and see mind set for the main book though. Marvel's got me burnt out on hero vs hero and when I read the synopses for this event I had a knee jerk reaction of 'here we go again'. But Venditti's Valiant work has been great and his first major event in Armor Wars was pretty much perfect. So I'm trying to keep an open mind.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

BANNED

Loving this cover!

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Loving this cover!

When you get the chance, you really should read the Q&W series. It has some great humor and Van Goat's story is incredibly fun.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    I am extremely excited for Book of Death! I have been hoping for a long time that Valiant would put out some thing similar to Rai #0 from the original universe, and BoD looks to be it.

I am buying Legend of the Geomancers, ordered online from Collectors Paradise. As a Valiant reader/fan/collector/supporter, it is a no brainer that I would. I understand other's opinions on this incentive, but seeing as how I have spentup to $50 to buy the Gold covers, dropping dime for an incentive story isn't a big deal to me, especially when I will be getting Boom of Death and all it's variants as part of the deal.

By the by, for anyone interested in LoG and looking for a place to get it from, it looks like Collectors Paradise (comicsandcards.net) are selling issues 2 - 4 for $10 each. Looks like they are sold out of issue #1.
    I really want to read your full post, but I'm just about to Rai 0 in my VH1 read-through and I don't wanna get spoiled.
    As for LoG, I'm happy for you, and you better tell us all about it, but I refuse to pay more than $5 for a single comic. It's just wasteful to me.

All the tie-ins look like they're going to be amazing and I'm happy that Braithwaite will not only be on the Bloodshot BoD but also sharing art duties on the main title. I'm in a wait and see mind set for the main book though. Marvel's got me burnt out on hero vs hero and when I read the synopses for this event I had a knee jerk reaction of 'here we go again'. But Venditti's Valiant work has been great and his first major event in Armor Wars was pretty much perfect. So I'm trying to keep an open mind.
    Can't say I agree, I LOVE hero vs. hero stuff. I know it's derivative and overdone, but I think (when done right) it can be so much fun. There better be a badass Ninjak/Gilad confrontation at some point. The only thing cooler than those two working together, is those two fighting eachother.
    Also, I gotta say that I don't think you should worry because Valiant heroes aren't necessarily heroes. I'd say the only "true" superheroes in the Valiant U are Aric and Faith. In Marvel it usually feels a little forced, but Valiant is made for this sort of thing.

I'm curious... how do you feel about Batman v. Superman and Civil War coming out in the same year (with only a month inbetween). I can't wait! :O
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 06-29-2015 at 02:52 AM.

BANNED

When you get the chance, you really should read the Q&W series. It has some great humor and Van Goat's story is incredibly fun.
    When I have money.

And don't forget to favorite or RT this new tweet of mine: https://twitter.com/RoucherMunroe/st...85140474118144

Man, was Ninjak #4 awesome or what?! Is it bad that I dig Roku more than the main character? Countdown to her solo has, officially, begun...

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Man, was Ninjak #4 awesome or what?! Is it bad that I dig Roku more than the main character? Countdown to her solo has, officially, begun...
    I felt the same way.

Prior to issue#4, it felt to me like they were building up Roku to fill the role of nemesis/worthy opponent to Ninjak. But after reading this latest issue, I had total empathy for Roku; and want to see her story unfold just as much as his.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Can't say I agree, I LOVE hero vs. hero stuff. I know it's derivative and overdone, but I think (when done right) it can be so much fun. There better be a badass Ninjak/Gilad confrontation at some point. The only thing cooler than those two working together, is those two fighting eachother.
    Also, I gotta say that I don't think you should worry because Valiant heroes aren't necessarily heroes. I'd say the only "true" superheroes in the Valiant U are Aric and Faith. In Marvel it usually feels a little forced, but Valiant is made for this sort of thing.

I'm curious... how do you feel about Batman v. Superman and Civil War coming out in the same year (with only a month inbetween). I can't wait! :O
    Like I said, it was a knee jerk reaction. Venditti's Valiant work has more than proved he can tell great stories so I doubt that it will be anything less than fun.

I agree about the Aric and Faith comment. It's going to be crazy when Aric's role as guardian of earth and the Vine comes clashing against one another. Plus Sandoval will be drawing that so you know it's going to be incredible.

As to BvS and CW, I'm pretty excited. I think the Snyder and co have made some bold decisions and I really hope it pays off in the end. I enjoyed MOS and can't wait to see how WW looks. Faora was such a cool character and hopefully Snyder's portrayal of Diana will be 10 times better. Also Winter Soldier is my favorite Marvel movie and since the same directors are handling CW I have faith they'll create a good story that balances everything well.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider