Page 153 of 400 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 6000
    Fantastic Member

Comixology has a Harbinger and Imperium sale! https://www.comixology.com/Harbinger...WxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw
    I got Armor Hunters: Harbinger and Harbinger: Omegas so my Harbinger/Imperium collection is complete! That's a great chance for anyone interested in checking out this great series!

Spectacular Member Trusty Mutsi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by new_onslaught View Post
    Comixology has a Harbinger and Imperium sale! https://www.comixology.com/Harbinger...WxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw
    I got Armor Hunters: Harbinger and Harbinger: Omegas so my Harbinger/Imperium collection is complete! That's a great chance for anyone interested in checking out this great series!
    2 questions:

1. Is Harbinger: Faith in any collections, or should I just buy the single issue? I can't see it listed in any trades.

2. Does Valiant always have both collected editions and singles issues on sale, when there are comixology sales? I've been getting all collected editions so far, and kinda don't want to get Emperium until the trade is on sale.

Thanks for any help!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trusty Mutsi View Post
    2 questions:

1. Is Harbinger: Faith in any collections, or should I just buy the single issue? I can't see it listed in any trades.

2. Does Valiant always have both collected editions and singles issues on sale, when there are comixology sales? I've been getting all collected editions so far, and kinda don't want to get Emperium until the trade is on sale.

Thanks for any help!
    Harbinger: Faith is collected in Unity vol. 4. About your other question, sorry I can't help.

Harbinger: Faith is collected in Unity vol. 4. About your other question, sorry I can't help.
    Thanks very much! I'll skip that issue until Unity Vol 4 goes on sale. Thanks!

BANNED

Good news for the month of July.

Thanks very much! I'll skip that issue until Unity Vol 4 goes on sale. Thanks!
    Couple more questions:

1. So the main series ends at #25, but keeps going with Omegas 1-3, and continues with Imperium?

2. I kinda didn't like "A Perfect Day" very much, but liked the earlier volumes. Does anyone else think "Perfect Day" was kind of a low point?

To be honest, I've been questioning whether to collect more Valiant. I thought the second volume of Quantum and Woody was pretty bad, if not mean spirited, Unity Vol was alright, but nothing super impressive, X-O Manowar isn't blowing me away (I'm up to the Unity crossover issues) and Shadowman Vol 4 was downright awful. Maybe Valiant just isn't my thing?
    Last edited by Trusty Mutsi; 06-30-2015 at 08:27 AM.

Fantastic Member

Couple more questions:

1. So the main series ends at #25, but keeps going with Omegas 1-3, and continues with Imperium?

2. I kinda didn't like "A Perfect Day" very much, but liked the earlier volumes. Does anyone else think "Perfect Day" was kind of a low point?
    1. You are correct, but to clarify things, Imperium picks up Harada's story. At first I didn't like that either, but it's by the same writer and he made sure to give the book an amazing cast! I dare you to try up to #3 and if you don't like it then I guess it's not for you; but if you lliked Harbinger I doubt it

2. If I remember correctly, I wasn't crazy about the first couple of issues of "A Perfect Day", but I really liked the part in Peter's head and the ending.

1. You are correct, but to clarify things, Imperium picks up Harada's story. At first I didn't like that either, but it's by the same writer and he made sure to give the book an amazing cast! I dare you to try up to #3 and if you don't like it then I guess it's not for you; but if you lliked Harbinger I doubt it

2. If I remember correctly, I wasn't crazy about the first couple of issues of "A Perfect Day", but I really liked the part in Peter's head and the ending.
    Thanks. I think I'll at LEAST finish my Harbinger collection, plus the Omegas issues.

I updated my original post. Any additional thoughts to what I added? Here's a recap:

"To be honest, I've been questioning whether to collect more Valiant. I thought the second volume of Quantum and Woody was pretty bad, if not mean spirited, Unity Vol was alright, but nothing super impressive, X-O Manowar isn't blowing me away (I'm up to the Unity crossover issues) and Shadowman Vol 4 was downright awful. Maybe Valiant just isn't my thing? "

maybe it is not your thing indeed. no shame in not liking something.

Not a big fan of Shadowman either. I stopped at volume 2.

I did not start imperium, I am waiting for the trade being released tomorrow.

I would suggest anyway to try two books you haven't read yet. My favorite part of XO Manowar, Armor Hunter, and Jeff Lemire's Bloodshot reborn. You can directly jump to those books from what you have previously read.

Quote Originally Posted by Javasaurus View Post
    I felt the same way.

Prior to issue#4, it felt to me like they were building up Roku to fill the role of nemesis/worthy opponent to Ninjak. But after reading this latest issue, I had total empathy for Roku; and want to see her story unfold just as much as his.
    They have to be building her up for a solo, right? That's a pretty cool backstory, and neat power set, to just throw away due to killing her off, or whatever...

Incredible Member

Couple more questions:

To be honest, I've been questioning whether to collect more Valiant. I thought the second volume of Quantum and Woody was pretty bad, if not mean spirited, Unity Vol was alright, but nothing super impressive, X-O Manowar isn't blowing me away (I'm up to the Unity crossover issues) and Shadowman Vol 4 was downright awful. Maybe Valiant just isn't my thing?
    1. Not to mention the brief side trip into the Armor Hunters event, which is alluded to during issue #1 of Harbinger: Omegas.

2. I did think it was Perfect Day was the low point, but I think the bar had been set pretty high leading up to and through Harbinger Wars. I think the art really was the downer for me, except for the one issue focusing on Animalia that featured Clayton Henry. Hopefully you kept reading, because I thought things rocketed back up to '11' with Resistance and Death of a Renegade, which were pretty much game changers for the whole Valiant Universe.

I can get it if Valiant isn't your thing, but it does sound to me like you need a bit more exposure. But I'm just a raving Valiant fan, so I may be uber-biased.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Incredible Member

Just a reminder, all... there will be a Valiant panel broadcast live over Periscope from Twitter HQ today. 3 pm Eastern, 2 PM Central,... figure out your timezone from there.

Hopefully some interesting news is on the way!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    1. Not to mention the brief side trip into the Armor Hunters event, which is alluded to during issue #1 of Harbinger: Omegas.

2. I did think it was Perfect Day was the low point, but I think the bar had been set pretty high leading up to and through Harbinger Wars. I think the art really was the downer for me, except for the one issue focusing on Animalia that featured Clayton Henry. Hopefully you kept reading, because I thought things rocketed back up to '11' with Resistance and Death of a Renegade, which were pretty much game changers for the whole Valiant Universe.

I can get it if Valiant isn't your thing, but it does sound to me like you need a bit more exposure. But I'm just a raving Valiant fan, so I may be uber-biased.
    I wasn't a huge fan of the art in "Perfect Day" either.
    I've probably read about the first 2-3 volumes of all of the first two years of Valiant, so I think I've had decent exposure, but maybe they were still getting their engines revved?

Fantastic Member

Thanks. I think I'll at LEAST finish my Harbinger collection, plus the Omegas issues.

I updated my original post. Any additional thoughts to what I added? Here's a recap:

"To be honest, I've been questioning whether to collect more Valiant. I thought the second volume of Quantum and Woody was pretty bad, if not mean spirited, Unity Vol was alright, but nothing super impressive, X-O Manowar isn't blowing me away (I'm up to the Unity crossover issues) and Shadowman Vol 4 was downright awful. Maybe Valiant just isn't my thing? "
    Although I like X-O Manowar (not as much as Harbinger/Imperium or Bloodshot reborn), it not easy for me to recommend it, because I believe the best thing about it is the growth of the main character; that means that in order to appreciate it you need to read a lot of it. You can't see that after reading only a couple of volumes. I really appreciated this book after the end of the Unity event.
    If you want a book that grabs you immediately try Bloodshot reborn. It's great! You don't need to know anythihg beforehand, but if you're curious you can try the first two volumes of the first Blooodshot series and the Valiant event.
    I've the two Eternal Warrior stories by Pak, but didn't like them.
    Unity and Ninjak, although nice, did not grab me. I am generally not that much into Kindt, so maybe it's just my thing. You should give them a shot.

Incredible Member

I wasn't a huge fan of the art in "Perfect Day" either.
    I've probably read about the first 2-3 volumes of all of the first two years of Valiant, so I think I've had decent exposure, but maybe they were still getting their engines revved?
    Oh, ok. I was going to inquire if you has read Archer & Armstrong. For me, A&A and Harbinger represented the best of the initial Valiant offerings. As such, Ivar Timewalker and Imperium have continued the quality of their predecessors.

Since Shadowman is done and Q&W is seemingly going the route of occasional mini-series, are there other titles you've looked at? I thought The Valiant was great, and the titles that have spun up after that (Timewalker, Imperium, Ninjak, Bloodshot Reborn) have all been really good. And the Book of Death event looks to be intriguing in a "here's glimpses of what the future holds" kinda way.