Page 17 of 400 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

If you like world building, you'll love Armor Hunters. It spans Armor Hunters (4 issue mini) Unity 8-11, XO Manowar 26-27 28 29 ( plus the prelude issues 23,24,25) then Armor Hunters:bloodshot (3 issue mini) and Armor Hunters : Harbinger 3 issue mini. Xo issues are focusing on the alien Armor Hunters backstory and is primarily focused on distant galaxies. Armor Hunters focuses on the current AH invasion, while Unity is primarily focused on the activities of the Unity group as it relates to the Armor Hunters. Bloodshot focuses on Mero and finally Harbinger is focused on Generation Zero and the fallout of the invasion. And now there's word there will be an issue Armor Hunters Epilogue to delve into the ramifications if the event. It's been awesome so far, and it's only half way through the event (18 total issues divided up amongst the 5 previously mentioned titles. Think Crisis on Infinite Earths or Age of Appcalypse in terms of company wide scale and magnitude

Valiant is bringing all their digital library to iVerse ComicsPlus App. I believe you could use an iTunes gift card on that app as it allows in app purchases.

I wonder if Iverse will be around for the long haul... Of course, if Valiant would go DRM -free, it wouldn't matter...

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    Valiant is bringing all their digital library to iVerse ComicsPlus App. I believe you could use an iTunes gift card on that app as it allows in app purchases.
    I don't know, maybe I just did it wrong. I can purchase from it, I just don't know how to use the gift card.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Armor Hunters: Harbinger w/Generation Zero kids and Renegades looks to be an alliance forming event. Considering the events of Harbinger #25 I see this book as giving us a fresh group of Renegades with the Gen Zero moniker perhaps being used less and dropped perhaps. This group has been groomed for this and I'm very curious to see Faith & Torq mix it up w/them.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Amazing Member

What are peoples thoughts on the two omnibuses of valiants older stuff being printed i.e XO Manowar Classic and Quantum and Woody Classic.

Worth getting?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'll be getting both.
    XO material is all going to be quite good. It's before the VALIANT growing pains
    Q&W I never read more than the first few issues. Maybe reading it in one sitting with so much time passed I'll have a different perspective on it.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by ukbondraider View Post
    What are peoples thoughts on the two omnibuses of valiants older stuff being printed i.e XO Manowar Classic and Quantum and Woody Classic.

Worth getting?
    Xo; awesome, though I prefer the original floppies, space is definitely saved with omnibus. Q&W meh, never was a huge fan of the original, or Acclaim VAliant for that matter
    Wonder if they'll do the same treatment with original Bloodshot, EWarrior, A&A etc? Wonder if they have some deal with Dynamite/Gold Key to print this since it contains stories with Turok and Solar and Magnus? Would love a Valiant Turok omnibus, and Valiant Magnus omnibus

They can't do GK characters at all. The only way they might be able to cheat a Unity collection is by not featuring any of the characters on any promotional materials – cover art, blurb callouts, synopses, etc.

The early X-O stuff is great, but the art starts getting more progressively 90s as the numbers go up and Acclaim enters the equation. I may get some flak, but I can't stand Bart Sears' stuff on the title. Although part of that may stem from the new approach to coloring around issue 40 or so...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I don't know, maybe I just did it wrong. I can purchase from it, I just don't know how to use the gift card.
    I think (but don't hold me to this) that you need to enter the card into iTunes, and your subsequent purchases for anything (comics or not) will draw down from the balance till it's gone. I think.

Incredible Member

Just finished reading Harbingers: Omega #1 on Comixology... floored. Just floored. Seriously, anyone interested in Harbinger... pick this up. Or better yet, read the first 25 issues, then pick this up. You will not be disappointed.

Valiant wasn't kidding when they said this is the start the second chapter of the Harbinger story. After the earthshaking events of the final Harbinger arc, this story continues and kicks over the can on just about everything with the series. Not sure how to do spoilers here so I'm going to skip on discussing details as to what goes down,but let's just say the game has changed completely for the Valiant Universe, and it will be very interesting to see how the world reacts. I have to imagine that Unity is going to be getting involved post-Armor Hunters.

Speaking of which, this issue helps tie in where things are at timeline wise. Looks like Armor Hunters and the events around Harada are happening about the same time. Talk about major upheaval!!

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    Just finished reading Harbingers: Omega #1 on Comixology... floored. Just floored. Seriously, anyone interested in Harbinger... pick this up. Or better yet, read the first 25 issues, then pick this up. You will not be disappointed.

Valiant wasn't kidding when they said this is the start the second chapter of the Harbinger story. After the earthshaking events of the final Harbinger arc, this story continues and kicks over the can on just about everything with the series. Not sure how to do spoilers here so I'm going to skip on discussing details as to what goes down,but let's just say the game has changed completely for the Valiant Universe, and it will be very interesting to see how the world reacts. I have to imagine that Unity is going to be getting involved post-Armor Hunters.

Speaking of which, this issue helps tie in where things are at timeline wise. Looks like Armor Hunters and the events around Harada are happening about the same time. Talk about major upheaval!!
    I honestly didn't think they could top issue 25 but Harbinger just gets better and better. Harada and co were just ruthless and those scenes with Peter were incredibly disturbing. I have to say that I love the way the media is getting manipulated. It has PRS's fingerprints all over it and it's cool. Also Sandoval is in top form on this. His art has never looked better.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post

You are right, this issue was well worth the purchase ! That being said, I have an hard time to reconcile those events continuity-wise, is it supposed to take place after Armor Hunters ? It has to, given the involvement of Torque and Faith in it, right ? Or is it happening at the same time ? Anyway, I'm eager to see Season 2 of the Harbingers story to be unfold.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

I would assume after.

Incredible Member

Awesome news! Another classic Valiant property is set to debut in the new Valiant Universe!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=54632