Page 20 of 400 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    Harbinger would be for you. 3 strong female characters, plus Livewire gets her start there.
    Faith is by far my favorite Valiant character. She's pretty much the best part of Harbingers.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Posted this in a different thread, but thought I would post it here:

Tried the first 5 issues of Archer and Armstrong, while the writing and the characters are great, I don't find myself enjoying it so far. I think it could be because I find stories like this (religious conspiracy stories) to be not my thing. I found some of it funny. But just I guess the overall story is not getting me interested. I may keep reading it for a few see if it picks up. But I normally give a comic an arc and if it hooks me in I will keep reading. This one did not do that. But who knows I may give it one more arc.
    I don't know, I was really into it from the first issue. Although I guess "religious conspiracy stories" are kind of exactly my thing. But yea, I still recommend checking out the next volume just to see what you think of the Geomancer.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    Harbinger would be for you. 3 strong female characters, plus Livewire gets her start there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Faith is by far my favorite Valiant character. She's pretty much the best part of Harbingers.
    Alright,I will for sure have to check out Harbinger haha. Plus my friend who had A&A also had the first few issue of this. So that helped lol. I think he said he had Unity as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    I don't know, I was really into it from the first issue. Although I guess "religious conspiracy stories" are kind of exactly my thing. But yea, I still recommend checking out the next volume just to see what you think of the Geomancer.
    Ya I am giving it another arc to see if that helps. Different people like different things lol.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 08-16-2014 at 09:59 PM.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Ya I am giving it another arc to see if that helps. Different people like different things lol.
    Might be a lot to ask that you trust on word alone, but I'd encourage you to give it two more. The third arc - Far, Faraway, which also includes the Zero issue as a prelude (and is included in the trade) - was pretty epic. So, your reading assignment is as follows:

Issues 1 - 4: The Michelangelo Code
    Issues 5 - 9: The Wrath of the Eternal Warrior
    Issue 0: Far, Faraway Prelude, or The Epic (Fail) of Gilgamesh
    Issues 10 - 13: Far, Faraway

And after all that, if you can honestly say this ain't your jam, well... I'll keep trying to get you reading something Valiant that is!

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    Might be a lot to ask that you trust on word alone, but I'd encourage you to give it two more. The third arc - Far, Faraway, which also includes the Zero issue as a prelude (and is included in the trade) - was pretty epic. So, your reading assignment is as follows:

Issues 1 - 4: The Michelangelo Code
    Issues 5 - 9: The Wrath of the Eternal Warrior
    Issue 0: Far, Faraway Prelude, or The Epic (Fail) of Gilgamesh
    Issues 10 - 13: Far, Faraway

And after all that, if you can honestly say this ain't your jam, well... I'll keep trying to get you reading something Valiant that is!
    Well I think my friend has the first 15 issues or something, so sure, why not, when I have the time. If I start to like it though I will forsure start buying it.

But I am loving Harbinger so far. Just about to read issue 0 soon. Gonna check out Shadowman too.
    Pulls:

I just finished Quantum & Woody 12 and have to say that I really, really enjoyed this series. I though the writing was clever and, unlike a number of people who aren't fan's of Ming Doyle's stylized art, I really enjoyed the art throughout the run. I'm looking forward to Delinquents. I never read the original Q&W so this is *my* Q&W. I'll be curious to read the new mini being done by the original creators. It'll be interesting to see how different it is from the new version.

Fantastic Member

I just read this article saying that Valiant partners with DriveThru Comics for digital comics. http://comicsalliance.com/valiant-pa...gital-library/ Does anyone know if it's possible to read the valiant books through DriveThru in case you bought these books from comixology. I am askung because on this new platform comics are DRM FREE while on comixology valiant books are not available for download.

More on the Punk Mambo one shot:
    http://t.co/7eNvp7PwEA

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    More on the Punk Mambo one shot:
    http://t.co/7eNvp7PwEA
    I am looking forward to this. I have been reading the Shadowman stuff from my friend. I am enjoying the magic side of Valiant a lot! I am looking forward to Dr. Mirage and this one-shot and hoping that more comes out of it.

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying Harbinger a lot. But I am enjoying Shadowman way more for some reason. Guess I like the magic side of Valiant or something haha. (Magic stories are way more my thing anyways I guess or Supernatural). But I am enjoying Harbinger a lot and I plan on reading Unity as well. Looking forward to checking it out.
    Pulls:

BANNED

I will have to get used to the art before i start this, but i really like the Jordan run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by new_onslaught View Post
    . I am askung because on this new platform comics are DRM FREE while on comixology valiant books are not available for download.
    Comixology books are available for download but can only be read by the comixology reader.

BANNED

kind of a horrible irony that of all the Armor Hunters titles, Joshua Dysart is doing the best writing, but is saddled with the least interesting story to tell. I wish he would scrap the internal monologue, as Cronus is a pretty irritating character to try to be in the mind of, and most of the monologue consists of trying to justify the character inconsistencies.

I also think two full issues without any hint of how the story ties into the larger arc is asking a bit much. We have no idea what's happening or why. It's like events just occur randomly to fill pages.

Harbinger AH wasn't that bad but it's not really anything special either. I enjoy the artwork until I have to look at the faces and then it gets a little gross. What was disappointing to me was the Bloodshot tie in. I'm a huge fan of Hairsine but I couldn't enjoy the art on Bloodshot at all. I don't know what happened but I hope it gets better next issue.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Incredible Member

I thought the AH: Harbinger issue was fantastic, and respectfully disagree with the posters above on it. Not only does it absolutely tie in to the main AH storyline (they're at ground zero in Mexico city, dealing with the fallout) but it appears to be setting up new Harbinger storylines in the process. I would not be surprised if we see a new team come out of this that becomes part of the ongoing Harbinger story down the line. And the story of a potential psiot fetus shielding it's mother from GIN-GR's blast, and also able to force back Cronus... I want to see that explored!!

The Bloodshot side of things, though, is the weakest of the bunch. I appreciate the story that is being told, but it is requiring some mental gymnastics to synch up events with the main AH title. And, yeah, not a fan of Hairsine's art.

BANNED

I absolutely agree about Harbinger, how often do we see superbeings dealing with the fallout.