Page 21 of 400 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Just thought I'll share this XO#0 variant I saw.

BANNED

Bloodshot is an extension of the AH arc. Harbinger is not. It may take place at ground zero, but it would make no difference to the story of ground zero was caused by a domestic terrorist or a hurricane. The story is completely incidental to AH and not very interesting to me since I bought it with AH in mind.

BANNED

You would expect such a huge catastrophy to effect everyone.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Grim View Post
    My vote is for GIN-GR. Think it would be awesome if he/she joined up, became Unity's mobile base/biggest gun.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    My vote is for GIN-GR. Think it would be awesome if he/she joined up, became Unity's mobile base/biggest gun.
    I vote for all of them because I love them all so so so much lol. But on a serious note, I think Shadowman should join the team becausehe brings a supernatural element.

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    I hope that happens, I forgot what preview I saw it in but during the aftermath we get some more interaction between GIN-GR and Livewire and it was great.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Incredible Member

Great interview w/ Matt Kindt on his work with Valaint thus far:

http://www.comicsbulletin.com/interv...his-dream-job/

Love that you can see just how much he enjoys working for Valiant. His enthusiasm for the company and it's future comes through!

With the coming of the Armorines soon, I think the only major VH1 characters we haven't seen as yet is the PSI-LORDS(who may appear in the next Rai arc). Still waiting on a Timewalker mini or ongoing(but he's around), no wonder they're now pushing new creations like Punk Mambo, I think we will see more new creations being pushed in 2015.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    With the coming of the Armorines soon, I think the only major VH1 characters we haven't seen as yet is the PSI-LORDS(who may appear in the next Rai arc). Still waiting on a Timewalker mini or ongoing(but he's around), no wonder they're now pushing new creations like Punk Mambo, I think we will see more new creations being pushed in 2015.
    Think we need to include The Visitor in that group.

And some recent tweets lend confidence that Fred Van Lente will be writing Timewalker in some fashion. Not a lot of confidence, but kinda.

BANNED

Just finished X-O 28 and I gotta say it was disappointing. Partly because any issue without Aric is a bad thing. But mostly because, as an origin story, it was pretty lacking in character motivation. It's still not clear to me why these guys are actually doing what they do. What have the armors done (or what do they think they've done) that justifies what this outfit is doing to entire planets? After all the crossovers and arcs, there still isn't any very defined idea of they think they're doing.

I suppose if one pours over all the issues of all the crossovers, some sort of character cohesiveness can be discovered. I recognize names of the hunters from one issue to the next, but they are so visually indistinct (even though they are a bird, a rock monster, or other things that sound distinct) I have difficulty placing a name with a character, and even more difficulty understanding any given character's motivation or personality.

This issue did provide some interesting background on Malgam and - what's his name, Reebo? - but only a half a dozen pages worth.

Did enjoy the artwork though.

On the whole, I find the entire Armor Hunters event to be underwhelming, like Valiant wanted to do something "Big" without going to the effort of putting a lot of thought into it. It's a shame, because other than Quantum and Woody Valiant really hasn't done anything wrong to this point.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I don't agree that it hasn't been a BIG event nor that it hasn't been well done.
    I will agree that it would be nice to have had some visual confirmation on the devastation they allege to have happened by armors be seen in some manner.
    I would also add Shadowman to the list of VEI misfires as well actually.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I don't agree that it hasn't been a BIG event nor that it hasn't been well done.
    I will agree that it would be nice to have had some visual confirmation on the devastation they allege to have happened by armors be seen in some manner.
    I would also add Shadowman to the list of VEI misfires as well actually.
    Shadowman wasn't to my liking, but I think it was very well done (at least the first couple of arcs, I stopped following after that).

I think what you bring up about what exactly the armors have done is a good question, but for a different reason. I think Control is not being entirely honest about what is happening/has happened.

What if the armors home planet was destroyed by Control? We've seen that he may have destroyed Gin-GRs herd in order to gain possession of him/her. He may have tried to do the same with the armors. Now they are destroying worlds as retaliation for the destruction of their home world.

I felt Valiant relaunched strong but lately it has become XO Manowar in one crossover after another & a bunch of limited series. The only other original book still being published is Archer & Armstrong. Hopefully they can get back on track. I find my Valiant pull list has dropped to the point where I may not be buying any Valiant titles in 2015...