Page 219 of 400 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229269319 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 6000

Quote Originally Posted by new_onslaught View Post
    I am not following Rai, but I just noticed that his appearance is different compared to some early images? When did that happen? I guess it was in some degree associated with the controversy about the flag of the Japanese Empire.
    I think it was either issue 9 or 10, but this is the first I'm hearing of any controversy.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Fantastic Member

Yeah, there was a bit of a kerfuffle when the first promos came out. I remember artist Bernard Chang having a big problem with it, since that symbol brings up some real bad memories for the Chinese in WWII.

As for Rai itself, perhaps it's only because I read #12 and haven't read 9-11, but I feel like 4001 A.D. may have a problem bringing new readers up to speed on the going ons since I lot seems to be dependent on what has gone on in these 12 issues of Rai.

Bummer that there will be 0 new Valiant books on shelves next week.

Just wanted to hop in and say Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you're having a good time with your friends and families during the holidays.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    Just wanted to hop in and say Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you're having a good time with your friends and families during the holidays.
    Thanks Ferg, and same to you. Wishing all Valiant fans all the best for 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Thanks Ferg, and same to you. Wishing all Valiant fans all the best for 2016.
    Merry Christmas!

I hope 2016 is spent in good health and happiness with friends and family.

Happy holidays all.

I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Fantastic Member

Happy holidays!!!

Very nice Harash Kupo! As I'm late to the party Happy Boxing Day to all.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Quote Originally Posted by new_onslaught View Post
    I am not following Rai, but I just noticed that his appearance is different compared to some early images? When did that happen? I guess it was in some degree associated with the controversy about the flag of the Japanese Empire.
    Not related to the controversy, I don't think. There's an in-story reason why his appearance looks different now.

So I finally read last week's books. I'm not sure why, but I just have not been feeling like reading comics for the past few weeks. Ugh, hopefully I can get out of this funk. But anyway, my short thoughts are: Bloodshot and Rai were fantastic. I'm not too hyped for Bloodshot Island, but we'll see what that's all about next month. As for Rai, I cannot wait for 4001AD event. It's gonna be epic.
    Dr. Mirage, on the other hand, didn't blow me away. In fact, it pretty much met expectations. I didn't love it. As gorgeous as the art is, it's really hard to follow. The story is compelling enough, but I can't seem to get myself to care really.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Yea Bloodshot was stellar, i'm really loving the relationship between Ray and Magic. For some reason even Bloodsquirt didn't bug me that much in this issue.

Rai was just ridiculously good, like "holy shit" good, which has been pretty much par for the course the whole way through. Clayton Crain, you are the man.

I wasn't wowed by Dr. Mirage either through the first half, but the 2nd half was great. It definitely had enough drama to leave me looking forward to Ghost Hunt.

Overall, yet another in the long list of grade A weeks from Valiant. Sucks we have a week completely off, my blood's gonna be itching for sure.
    Last edited by Detox; 12-28-2015 at 06:52 PM.

BANNED

Meh I dont want to read about a different "GOD" Origin in Divinity II...I wanna follow Divinity.

Fantastic Member

Imperium vol 1 and 2 shipped today!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Meh I dont want to read about a different "GOD" Origin in Divinity II...I wanna follow Divinity.
    It's that age old expression: Don't judge a comic book by it's internet teaser. I think Plato said it.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?