Page 254 of 400 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304354 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 6000

Valliant is getting better with the four issue stories. Valiant writer and editor are starting to use them as something like act.

The first arc of bloodshot Reborn was basically 12 issues sold in three trade. The current arc of Bloodshot reborn could be consiidered as a break before Bloodshot Island and bloodshot war. First arc of Ninjak was Ninjak against Weaponeer, the first four were about one of the shadow seven but the rest of the story until issue nine was him against remaining members of the organisation. Operation Deadside was an other break while the current King Castle arc is a result of the first arc.

Quote Originally Posted by thewarning View Post
    I ranted about it a while back (heck, even joked about it earlier on the last page). I think four issues is the most economical for them in terms of collecting for trades. Keep em around the same length, the same price. And then you can wrap a story wwithout taxing the artist too much (as harashkupo says).

Personally I find it really restrictive and predictable and it's one of my biggest ongoing issues with their editorial approach.
    Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    Valliant is getting better with the four issue stories. Valiant writer and editor are starting to use them as something like act.

The first arc of bloodshot Reborn was basically 12 issues sold in three trade. The current arc of Bloodshot reborn could be consiidered as a break before Bloodshot Island and bloodshot war. First arc of Ninjak was Ninjak against Weaponeer, the first four were about one of the shadow seven but the rest of the story until issue nine was him against remaining members of the organisation. Operation Deadside was an other break while the current King Castle arc is a result of the first arc.
    I agree with both of you. There are times when the story suffers from it and the flow feels interrupted by the 4th chapter resolution when it could use another issue or even one less. But they aren't all that way. Like ian0delond mentioned Bloodshot's one continuous story line. Timewalker and Imperium also come to mind.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    Agreed! And hopefully we get to see how she could be showing up in the present time a la Book of Death someday, though FVL has said that won't be in this issue.

And I think we may have another FVL surprise this Tuesday. He said a while back that he was work on scripts for a preexisting Valiant property that hadn't been seen yet... Dare I dream and say Psi-Lords, anyone?
    Are the announcements happening Tuesday? Freaking awesome. Now we can finally see what the line ups are going to be.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Are the announcements happening Tuesday? Freaking awesome. Now we can finally see what the line ups are going to be.
    They are, indeed! Here are the details:

http://www.valiantentertainment.com/...e-on-may-17th/
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Considering this live stream event, I hope valiant considers their own Youtube channel in the future for streams and videos.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Incredible Member

Next Ninjak arc - The Fist and The Steel:

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articl...h/1100-155472/

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Thanks this looks great, can't wait for tomorrow.

Well I really wish this story had taken place in the present (and had been a crossover), but I'm still very pumped.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

I'd be more pumped if I haven't been annoyed with Evans' work on Imperium...those photoshop backgrounds are just awful.

So I'm a little over halfway through the original, VH1, Unity event. So far, it's been pretty great. I mean, I don't love it, but I've enjoyed it a fair amount, and there are definitely a few stand-out books in my mind. I look forward to ranting to you guys (whether you read it or not) on everything VH1 after I finish Unity and then Rai #0.

And just out of curiosity.. have any of you guys read any of the original Valiant stuff? I prefer VEI WAY more, but it's fascinating seeing the original versions of all the character that I've grown to love. And to be honest, it's now starting to feel a little strange that we've never seen Solar or Magnus (or Turok, to a lesser extent) running around with the current Aric, Faith, Ninjak, and the others. I'm starting to think VEI owning Gold Key some day is simply inevitable.

EDIT: Also, assuming my internet/phone/tablet doesn't s**t the bed tomorrow, I'm considering posting live updates on here. Partly to get the news to you guys asap, and partly to have somewhere to explode with excitement.
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 05-16-2016 at 08:26 PM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    So I'm a little over halfway through the original, VH1, Unity event. So far, it's been pretty great. I mean, I don't love it, but I've enjoyed it a fair amount, and there are definitely a few stand-out books in my mind. I look forward to ranting to you guys (whether you read it or not) on everything VH1 after I finish Unity and then Rai #0.

And just out of curiosity.. have any of you guys read any of the original Valiant stuff? I prefer VEI WAY more, but it's fascinating seeing the original versions of all the character that I've grown to love. And to be honest, it's now starting to feel a little strange that we've never seen Solar or Magnus (or Turok, to a lesser extent) running around with the current Aric, Faith, Ninjak, and the others. I'm starting to think VEI owning Gold Key some day is simply inevitable.

EDIT: Also, assuming my internet/phone/tablet doesn't s**t the bed tomorrow, I'm considering posting live updates on here. Partly to get the news to you guys asap, and partly to have somewhere to explode with excitement.
    Do it. Periscope is off my radar and no other outlet seems to be carrying it live.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Fantastic Member

Thanks man! Highly appreciated!

Fantastic Member

When does the third collection of Bloodshot: Reborn drop?

Incredible Member

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on Unity and Rai #0 when you're done. I was pretty much reading them as they happened, and it was pretty mind-blowing stuff at the time. The whole thing was structured really well, and then moving out of it into Rai #0 (and with Bloodshot making his first appearance one week prior in Eternal Warrior) just felt like there was some crazy wonderful creative stuff going on!

And yes, I was reading the original Valiant back in the day. Started with Archer & Armstrong #0 and Shadowman #1, and I was immediately hooked. Went back to the LCS the same day and pulled every back issue of Harbinger, X-O, and Solar I could find. Took me a bit to get into Magnus and Rai. I know there are other old school fans posting here on a regular basis. I think Captain Craig is one, and I know other guys from the Valiant Fans site pop in here from time to time. Harashkupo, are you a old timer?

But I do agree, as magical as the Pre-Unity/Unity/Rai #0 times were, I prefer the work VEI is doing more. I think they have been cranking out consistently better stories/concepts overall. Harbinger, X-O, A&A, Rai, Ivar, Bloodshot... all have been either on par or better than the best that VH1 put out. I think that's one reason I don't feel the burning need to see Solar, Magnus, or Turok be a part of this Universe... it's going just fine without them.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by missingmarch View Post
    When does the third collection of Bloodshot: Reborn drop?
    Looks like that will be out in July.