Page 255 of 400 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265305355 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 6000

-- Looks like a little "news" has already dropped before the event has even started. On the bottom of the Twitch stream it says: "Coming up: Info on Faith, Gen. Zero, Brittania, Blood Shot USA, Harbinger: Renegades, Savage, Divinity, and much more!"

-- "The Future of Valiant Begins in 2016" 7 ALL NEW SERIES!!!!!

-- Ninja-L name drop

-- Pere Perez art on Faith is absolutely gorgeous.

-- July: Faith is getting her very first super-villain/arch-nemesis. Might be someone she already knows.

-- August: GENERATION ZERO BY FRED VAN LENTE!

And now my stream's dead.........

-- September: Brittania- new character and new "world." By Milligan and Juan Jose Ryp. Ancient Roman times. "World's first detective and psychologist." Presitge Format. And "Ryp" is pronounced "Reep"

-- October: "Biggest, most violent" Bloodshot USA mini-series by Lemire and Braithwaite. PRS has dispersed nanites on the streets of Manhattan. Violent, zombie-like Bloodshot's vs. Ray, other Bloodshot pals from "Island," and other big heroes. Caling it a stand-alone event, like The Valiant.

-- November: SAVAGE by B. Clay Moore, Clayton Henry, and Lewis LaRosa. Brand new character! Parents get stranded on an island. Story begins with a 15 year old kid that is "savage" and kills dinosaurs. Clearly VEI's Turok analogue."What happens when society is turned away and dinosaurs are trying to kill you." Explores humanity. Looks like Aric will definitely meet this kid at some point.

-- November: Harbinger: Renegades by Rafer Roberts and Darick Robertson. Kris is trying to put her life together, has a girlfriend. Come together to try to fix the mistakes of the past. New member of the team! Dude named Jay, who is helpful and has superpowers. The Mind is a new villain.. described as if Dr. House got the ability to shoot laser blasts out of his hands and has a small army.

-- December: DIVINITY III. Sorry... the stream shit the bed. I have no idea what's going on but it seems like an alternate universe like Red Son. Something about Russain superheroes. Shadowman has the sicle and a hammer. Russia has a bunch of Bloodhsots at their disposal. "Stalinverse?"

So apparently no Shadowman and no movie news... Oh well, this slate looks amazing!
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 05-17-2016 at 12:10 PM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Blood Shot USA?
    New title after Reborn? Next Arc after Bloodshot Island? Is Blood Shot meant to be two words?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    -- September: Brittania- new character and new "world." By Milligan and Juan Jose Ryp. Ancient Roman times. "World's first detective and psychologist." Presitge Format. And "Ryp" is pronounced "Reep"
    Most of Valiant's minis have been really good but I don't have any confidence in Milligan any more.

Fantastic Member

I'm a huge Milligan fan and am excited by this.

Fantastic Member

Super excited for Bloodshot USA!
    Excited but also worried for Gen Zero and Renegades. Love both teams but I wonder how well will the new writers do. Surprised that Dysart isn't writing any of these books.
    Divinity III, Savage and Brittania sound interesting.

Besides no Shadowman(guess we'll hear more on him later if FCBD is to be believed) or any movie news, all of these announcements are awesome and I hope that I can pick up all of them.

-The Faith mini has been great so I can't wait for more in the ongoing.
    -It's about time we got a Generation Zero series, although I wonder how it will mesh with the Harbinger series which I'm glad to see comeback.
    -Love that they have all these big plans for Bloodshot
    -I'll wait to see how Divinity II ends before getting Divinity III, but it sounds promising.
    -Of the two new series I probably won't read Brittania, doesn't sound like my kind of thing. However Savage sounds awesome, and I can't wait to see some dinosaur action.

Edit: Well I've got to figure out what I can pull and what I have to wait for in Trade. Man I hate having to budget between Valiant, Marvel and DC.
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-17-2016 at 03:54 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Livewire or new Psiot is with Renegades?

Spectacular Member

I've liked Rafer Roberts on A&A but Harbinger has a much more serious tone. Not sure how he's going to do there.

FVL on Generation Zero should be great.

I really wanted to know about a) Dysart's latest, b) PSI Lords, and c) Shadowman.

As to the new titles. I will be buying Bloodshot USA, Brittania, and Divinity III. I will need to see more on Generation Zero and Harbinger Renegades before deciding. Faith looks awesome and I see an audience for Savage but I have to think about what I really enjoy in comics and make sure my dollars go there.

Nothing about the film?

I admit I wanted more about some of the ongoings like Ninjak and Unity too. But this was an event for new stuff.

Now that I think about it, maybe Valiant needs a bigger event to cover everything we want. They are growing as a company.

Quote Originally Posted by Xoxx View Post
    Livewire or new Psiot is with Renegades?
    Might be a time jump involved here based on the characters' apparent age on the cover so I am not sure. I lean toward it being a new character but could be wrong.
    Last edited by Inhuman X; 05-17-2016 at 01:33 PM.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

BANNED

I cant even tell if that is a girl or guy. I don't think its Livewire not her signature hairstyle and she has a distinct costume. I don't see any reason to change her trademarks.

As for the new books coming. Well they kinda spoiled Divinity II. spoilers:
    Adams Falls To The Dark Side, Thanks To Misaka
    end of spoilers.

Although apparently there is a real game changer in Divinity II 2. Honestly, give Adams personality I guess he knocks her up. Because family seems to be his primary motivator.

Two Harbinger Books is interesting glad they are expanding though. I don't even read DC anymore. We shall see if DC Rebirth makes a difference and my Marvel list is pretty short.

Divinity and Psiot Related Books are my favorites so I am happy. Not a fan of Faith but I don't know not generally a fan of that character type. Do Like Ms. Marvel though.
    Last edited by JediKage; 05-17-2016 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RolandGunner View Post
    Most of Valiant's minis have been really good but I don't have any confidence in Milligan any more.
    It sounds like they're setting him up in his own playpen for this one. And Ryp's art is going to help it in a huge way - dude's amazing. That said, as a guy who used to grab all of Milligan's books off stands, his work for Valiant left a lot to be desired and his latest for Image is unreadable IMO. Still, I'll check it out. He's not consistent, but he's written some incredible stuff.

BANNED

I am interested in can Shadowman Be Fixed. I don't know what is but mystic character just seem to struggle super hard in comics.

Mighty Member

It's notable that all the titles announced are limited series except for the ones related to harbingers, and with X-O ending Harbingers is clearly the big eye catching franchise here. Feels like it's part of their lead up to the movie. That Bloodshot is having his own limited series by Lemire instead of it just being an arc would definitely be a death flag over at marvel or dc, but we'll see.

Like many others, I've also lost faith in Milligan, but as was mentioned, it's basically his own playground, might as well be a self-owned indie comic, so there's a good chance that he can work some magic. What I do like about the limited series is that they are a means to experiment and add new flavors to the valiant universe, and as seen with Faith if they sell well Valiant isn't above giving them a real shot, and even if, say, Savage doesn't sell as much as expected, I'd be willing to bet there'd still be a sequel coming down the pipeline. I've always loved how Valiant stands by characters like Divinity and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    It's notable that all the titles announced are limited series except for the ones related to harbingers, and with X-O ending Harbingers is clearly the big eye catching franchise here. Feels like it's part of their lead up to the movie. That Bloodshot is having his own limited series by Lemire instead of it just being an arc would definitely be a death flag over at marvel or dc, but we'll see.

Like many others, I've also lost faith in Milligan, but as was mentioned, it's basically his own playground, might as well be a self-owned indie comic, so there's a good chance that he can work some magic. What I do like about the limited series is that they are a means to experiment and add new flavors to the valiant universe, and as seen with Faith if they sell well Valiant isn't above giving them a real shot, and even if, say, Savage doesn't sell as much as expected, I'd be willing to bet there'd still be a sequel coming down the pipeline. I've always loved how Valiant stands by characters like Divinity and Doctor Mirage.
    Rather than an arc for the comic, or just a standalone, I am looking at Bloodshot USA as a Valiant comics event based on the description from this article: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/...sa-event-comic

To me that's big and cool rather than troubling. I am wondering what other heroes get infected? It's not like it will hurt the ongoing.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Around December, this year, when all of the new series are in full swing, and including all of the current ongoings, Valiant will be publishing 10 books a month. This does make me worry about the fate of Wrath though... I love that book but it looks like it's gonna be reaching Imperium sales numbers pretty soon.

I hope Bloodshot Reborn crosses over into Bloodshot USA, although I don't think it will.

I'm gonna miss Aric every month, but man when he comes back it's gonna be triumphant and epic as f***.

I don't like Francis Portela very much. I mean, it's not awful, but it just feels like second-rate Clayton Henry or Pere Perez.

I hope we get a big cross over between Renegades, Gen. Zero, and Faith (and maybe A&A).

Where the hell is Joshua Dysart?

I'm ok with waiting for Psi-Lords, but man I'm itching for a (good) Shadowman series.

And where are the solicitations for August!?
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 05-17-2016 at 04:00 PM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers