Page 261 of 400 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271311361 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 6000

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    Actually, I assumed that since he can manipulate time, reality, space, et al, that he can detect where others do so as well.
    Same here. It will be pretty awesome to see how creative Kindt can get with their powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Alright gents. I just bought the first volumes (trades) of X-O Manowar, Harbinger, Archer & Armstrong and Bloodshot. All from the 2012 reboot/relaunch. Which one should I start first? I've read that X-O Manowar is the most "important" character of the VEI 'verse. Right off the bat I'm excited given the diversity of styles in each book's premise.
    Just go for whichever you want. They're all strong starts but just in case the order in which they were published was X-O, Harbinger, Bloodshot, then A&A. You don't have to worry about the order until you get to volume 3 of Bloodshot and Harbinger since they crossover during Harbinger Wars.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Incredible Member

Alright gents. I just bought the first volumes (trades) of X-O Manowar, Harbinger, Archer & Armstrong and Bloodshot. All from the 2012 reboot/relaunch. Which one should I start first? I've read that X-O Manowar is the most "important" character of the VEI 'verse. Right off the bat I'm excited given the diversity of styles in each book's premise.
    Like 'Kupo said, whichever you want to start with is fine. Personally, I think Bloodshot vol. 1 before Harbinger vol. 1 works nicely for story structure, but that's just me.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

I just read the first X-O Manowar volume and damn that was a fun read. A relatively quick-paced origin for Aric, but there was a surprising amount of soul to his journey from Visigoth solider to human revolutionary. I'm really excited to see more of the role the Vine will play in the series. In the beginning they were portrayed as your typical marauding alien race using humans as specimens/slaves, but the reveal at the end of issue #4 was intriguing. The plot definitely thickens. Very, very promising start for a book. An interesting protagonist with a cool backstory and nuanced antagonists. I can definitely see literally a universe of possibilities for the direction of the book. Looks like this Valiant journey will definitely be interesting.
    Last edited by HaveAtThee; 06-02-2016 at 06:29 PM.

Yeah the Vine are great and the Priest has been developed well over the years. It's also cool that other writers have expanded on them but that way down the line.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Fantastic Member

I just read the first X-O Manowar volume and damn that was a fun read. A relatively quick-paced origin for Aric, but there was a surprising amount of soul to his journey from Visigoth solider to human revolutionary. I'm really excited to see more of the role the Vine will play in the series. In the beginning they were portrayed as your typical marauding alien race using humans as specimens/slaves, but the reveal at the end of issue #4 was intriguing. The plot definitely thickens. Very, very promising start for a book. An interesting protagonist with a cool backstory and nuanced antagonists. I can definitely see literally a universe of possibilities for the direction of the book. Looks like this Valiant journey will definitely be interesting.
    If you liked vol.1 you're gonna love this series. One of the best characters evolutions I've read. He starts as a hothead soldier and ends up a true leader!

Archer & Armstrong may have been the most fun I've had reading a comic in a while. So over-the-top with dark humor and political satire. The story is wild and a blast to follow. Also loved the little nuggets that were dropped toward the end of the trade about both the Vine and Gilad. I can sort of see where things will start to come together. Really good stuff thus far.

Incredible Member

Archer & Armstrong may have been the most fun I've had reading a comic in a while. So over-the-top with dark humor and political satire. The story is wild and a blast to follow. Also loved the little nuggets that were dropped toward the end of the trade about both the Vine and Gilad. I can sort of see where things will start to come together. Really good stuff thus far.
    Glad to hear it! I loved Fred Van Lente's entire run on Archer & Armstrong. Hope you continue to enjoy!
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Fuutre Instigator kinggirlfriend's Avatar

I read SHADOWMAN #10 last night and loved every single thing about it. This is what I want more of! Somewhere in this thread someone mentioned they'd like to see a Shadowman series set in this timeframe and I totally agree.

Finished the Bloodshot Vol. 1 trade earlier today and it was pretty excellent. Started out a bit slow and melancholy but the story and characters kept getting deeper each issue. Again, loving the way that Valiant creators drop hints/nuggets about other characters within the universe without having to resort to endless amounts of crossover appearances with no purpose. I already get the sense that the Valiant universe is interconnected and yet each series I've read thus far has existed within its own corner. Bloodshot is a fascinating character and I find his origins fairly compelling. Brings forth questions both about shadow government institutions and so-called "fringe" science. The series has a noir-ish vibe mixed with some sci-fi mixed with some elements of an espionage thriller. Ray Garrison is as complex and troubled an anti-hero as I've read in quite some time. I'm interested to see the contrast he brings standing next to others like X-O Manowar.

Fantastic Member

Finished the Bloodshot Vol. 1 trade earlier today and it was pretty excellent. Started out a bit slow and melancholy but the story and characters kept getting deeper each issue. Again, loving the way that Valiant creators drop hints/nuggets about other characters within the universe without having to resort to endless amounts of crossover appearances with no purpose. I already get the sense that the Valiant universe is interconnected and yet each series I've read thus far has existed within its own corner. Bloodshot is a fascinating character and I find his origins fairly compelling. Brings forth questions both about shadow government institutions and so-called "fringe" science. The series has a noir-ish vibe mixed with some sci-fi mixed with some elements of an espionage thriller. Ray Garrison is as complex and troubled an anti-hero as I've read in quite some time. I'm interested to see the contrast he brings standing next to others like X-O Manowar.
    I have to warn you that after vol. 2 the series takes a dive in quality. Vol 3 and 5 are the worst of them, but vol.4 is ok. But the new series, Bloodshot Reborn by Lemire, so far is even better than the first 2 volumes of the first series, so even if you don't like some of the first series, Bloodshot Reborn.

Mighty Member

Ehh, I love all of Bloodshot. From Harbinger Wars, to Hard Corps, to Armor Hunters, to Valiant and Reborn, for me it's all good and it all fits.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Ehh, I love all of Bloodshot. From Harbinger Wars, to Hard Corps, to Armor Hunters, to Valiant and Reborn, for me it's all good and it all fits.
    Yes, the Armor Hunters mini was good, far better than I expected!

Quote Originally Posted by new_onslaught View Post
    I have to warn you that after vol. 2 the series takes a dive in quality. Vol 3 and 5 are the worst of them, but vol.4 is ok. But the new series, Bloodshot Reborn by Lemire, so far is even better than the first 2 volumes of the first series, so even if you don't like some of the first series, Bloodshot Reborn.
    Crap. LOL should have clarified I read the Bloodshot Reborn trade. I probably should get Vol. 1 to get an idea of where he started. Though the Reborn trade gave me a fairly solid idea of what he came from.

Fantastic Member

Crap. LOL should have clarified I read the Bloodshot Reborn trade. I probably should get Vol. 1 to get an idea of where he started. Though the Reborn trade gave me a fairly solid idea of what he came from.
    No, that's OK. Rebirth does an excelent job introducing mew readers. Have you read "The Valiant"? It's a great event, which pretty much set up the Bloodshot Reborn series.

Literally just starting reading Valiant titles. So far I've been thoroughly impressed. I actually just finished the first volume of Harbinger as well not too long ago and it was a very emotionally gripping introduction into a troubled character.

One thing I've generally noticed among all the titles I've read is the fusion of different styles of storytelling. There are multiple elements to be found in each title. Harbinger is a great example of this. Some standard superhero fare, some themes of substance abuse, some themes questioning the power and scope of corporate power, themes of cult behavior, etc. All these give the story a ton of depth and a solid foundation to go into many different directions. I also noticed yet more subtle references to other stories, like the mention of Project Rising in Harbinger as well as Bloodshot Reborn. I can't wait to see how these elements are blended together in the ensuing volumes I definitely intend to purchase. Very glad I happened to stumble onto Valiant. This is what a mature, entertaining shared universe should be like. Focus on character evolution and strong storytelling.