Page 271 of 400 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275281321371 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,065 of 6000

That's cool. I don't understand some of these noms – and definitely some omissions – but hey I'm glad for em.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Very exciting. If I was a teacher, I'd say that Valiant deserves a pizza party.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/...-put-together/
    Agreed. I've thought for a long time that they were making the best comics in the industry and the working pros agree. Fans who don't know who votes on this or how big inside the industry the Harvey's are won't understand. Makes a lot of supposed pro comic book review sites look bad. Good for Valiant. Just wish I could believe it will translate into more dollar signs for them so I can get more good comics lol.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Fuutre Instigator kinggirlfriend's Avatar

Read a few Valiant books this weekend .....

NINJAK Vol 2, SHADOW WARS: Continuing the greatness from vol 1 this didn't miss a beat, IMO. I really love the coloring on this book. Having already read volume 3 I can't wait for volume 4 to be released.

ARCHER & ARMSTRONG Vol 5, MISSION IMPROBABLE: The art on the Bloodshot issues was a little weak but overall I enjoyed this. Not really a fan of the Hard Corps though, they seem kinda generic, I was surprised when Valiant decided to resurrect them. Only the last A&A volume left to read. It was a fun ride!

DR MIRAGE Vol 1: Amazing art. I was probably a little too inebriated when I read this. I liked this but I can't recall too much about it. I have Volume 2 sitting here but I might reread this first one again before I give it a go. A truly beautiful looking book.

ETERNAL WARRIOR Vol. 2, ETERNAL EMPEROR: Saw this real cheap so I figured why not. I liked this just fine. I didn't blow me away but it didn't feel off or inconsistent either. A nice little future tale. I actually liked Robert Gill's work here, it looked much better to me than his work on BoD. Were the skull faced dudes supposed to be Shadowmen?

As far as Valiant acquiring the Gold Key heroes I feel like that'd be a step back at this point. They seem to have done a great job building up their own properties I don't see a need to bring those three properties back into the fold. Although I guess 4001 can use Magnus. I know I'm in the minority but I'm getting more excited about their new ideas, not regurgitating stuff from the nineties. I usually push back against nostalgia. But I understand those that would like to see them again.

Updated tally of what I've read:

A&A Vol. 1-6
    Timewalker Vol. 1-3
    Eternal Warrior Vol. 2
    Eternal Warrior Days of Steel
    Wrath of Eternal Warrior Vol. 1
    Ninjak Vol. 1-3
    The Valiant
    Book of Death
    Book of Death Fall
    Bloodshot Reborn Vol. 1-2, Annual 1
    Shadowman# 0, 10
    Punk Mambo #0
    Divinity Vol. 1
    Dr Mirage Vol. 1
    Last edited by kinggirlfriend; 07-05-2016 at 11:59 AM.

Very exciting. If I was a teacher, I'd say that Valiant deserves a pizza party.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/...-put-together/
    Well..... it's hard to take them seriously when they nominated Unity #25 like 4 times, but overall I'd say this is a huge win for Valiant. This is gonna bring a lot of exposure their way.

Quote Originally Posted by kinggirlfriend View Post
    ARCHER & ARMSTRONG Vol 5, MISSION IMPROBABLE: The art on the Bloodshot issues was a little weak but overall I enjoyed this. Not really a fan of the Hard Corps though, they seem kinda generic, I was surprised when Valiant decided to resurrect them. Only the last A&A volume left to read. It was a fun ride!
    You actually have two more volumes left! Vol. 6- American Wasteland, and Vol. 7- The 1% and Other Tales (or something like that), which includes issue 24, 25, and the 1% one-shot. 25 is a must-read, so don't skimp on the last trade (or just go find each issue for like $2-3 each)

DR MIRAGE Vol 1: Amazing art. I was probably a little too inebriated when I read this. I liked this but I can't recall too much about it. I have Volume 2 sitting here but I might reread this first one again before I give it a go. A truly beautiful looking book.
    It might not have been the inebriation man. Dr. Mirage is actually one of the few books I don't really enjoy from Valiant. Yea, the art is gorgeous, but it's hard to follow at times and the story comes off as entirely forgettable once it's over. When it was coming out monthly, I had no idea what was going on because I had forgotten everything that happened in the previous issues. I'd be inclined to blame this on myself (and my usage of a certain green drug), but it literally never happens with any other Valiant book. I got the 1st issue of Second Lives, but I can't bring myself to get the rest. Meh, it was already fighting an uphill battle for me, because I'm not into magic-y superheroes at all. Regardless, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

ETERNAL WARRIOR Vol. 2, ETERNAL EMPEROR: Saw this real cheap so I figured why not. I liked this just fine. I didn't blow me away but it didn't feel off or inconsistent either. A nice little future tale. I actually liked Robert Gill's work here, it looked much better to me than his work on BoD. Were the skull faced dudes supposed to be Shadowmen?
    Hmm.. you've piqued my curiosity. EW was actually one of the first series I read from Valiant, and I didn't like it too much, but your praise of Gill's art and possible Shadowman sighting make me want to give it another shot.

As far as Valiant acquiring the Gold Key heroes I feel like that'd be a step back at this point. They seem to have done a great job building up their own properties I don't see a need to bring those three properties back into the fold. Although I guess 4001 can use Magnus. I know I'm in the minority but I'm getting more excited about their new ideas, not regurgitating stuff from the nineties. I usually push back against nostalgia. But I understand those that would like to see them again.
    Trust me, you're not in the minority. If anything, the Valiant camp tends to be split 50/50 on this issue. Honestly, I used to think the same thing as you, but after reading the original Unity epic (and everything Pre-Unity), I've begun to come around to the idea that these guys are an integral part of the Valiant U. Sure, VEI doesn't need them, but I think they would make a good fit for the new age.
    Plus, it's only 3 characters. VEI could delve into characters like Samson and Dr. Spectre, but really, the only important characters are Solar, Magnus, and to a lesser extent, Turok, and they cover a wide array of genres and time-periods. Magnus could join the 4001 "line" with Rai, Solar would join the regular cast in the present, and Turok could either go on adventures in the past, or do a man-out-of-time thing like Aric.
    Personally, I can do without Magnus because I'm not too into futuristic sci-fi heroes (although, I'm sure VEI would kill it if they tried, like usual) and the only reason I'd want Turok is for publicity (his name is still fairly recognizable in the geek world) and for some inextricable reason I'm kind of into archers in superhero universes (Green Arrow, Hawkeye). Solar, on the other hand, belongs in the Valiant U. I mean, he literally created the original Valiant universe, and after reading a little VH1 and seeing him interact with every character in almost every book, he seems almost inseparable from the rest of our heroes. I honestly get the vibe that Solar coming back into the fold is simply inevitable. It could take years, but inevitable, nonetheless.
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 07-05-2016 at 04:37 PM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    Hmm.. you've piqued my curiosity. EW was actually one of the first series I read from Valiant, and I didn't like it too much, but your praise of Gill's art and possible Shadowman sighting make me want to give it another shot.
    Yeah, I tried to find a page online that shows them but this is the closest I could find. I guess anytime I see faces painted with skulls in a Valiant comic I just assume they're Shadowmen.

You actually have two more volumes left! Vol. 6- American Wasteland .....
    I actually did read that one. I skipped volume 5 originally because the Hard Corp stuff looked weak. So 7 is all I have left.

Well..... it's hard to take them seriously when they nominated Unity #25 like 4 times, but overall I'd say this is a huge win for Valiant. This is gonna bring a lot of exposure their way.
    HA! It's like you read my mind.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Mighty Member

I really enjoyed Shadowman 4001. Excellent world building and easily the best of the 4001 tie-ins so far, Rai aside. I'd love to see more.

Incredible Member

I really enjoyed Shadowman 4001. Excellent world building and easily the best of the 4001 tie-ins so far, Rai aside. I'd love to see more.
    Agreed, though part of me would have liked to see it as it's own "thing" rather than a weak tie-in with 4001 AD. It had little to nothing to do with the main event.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Thirded. Fantastic issue. Gill crushed it, too. And I thought the coloring on it was really nicely done, a good breather from the bolder colors we've seen across the Valiant line.

I'll re-read this before tucking it in the ol' longbox. I'm not sure what the last issue was I've done that with on any title.

There's a little ad/teaser in there for 4001: War Mother. Wonder if the Loa will pop up next month...

I'd be inclined to blame this on myself (and my usage of a certain green drug),....
    Me too!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I also enjoyed 4001 AD Shadowman
    I would be interested in stories that fleshed out that world more. I found it also important as it contrasted that the entirety of the Earth wasn't as barren and desolate a waste land as we saw Rai land in, where Gilad was.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

So far I've mostly stuck to a smaller corner of the Valiant Universe, The Eternal Brothers, Bloodshot, Ninjak and DR Mirage. I'm feeling the itch to expand to more titles. I really like Doug Braithwaite's work and see that he did the first Volume of UNITY and IMPERIUM. My question is, do I need to read anything before UNITY? I guess I've mostly avoided X-O and HARBINGER because there seems to be so much of both. But they also seem to be the anchors of the Valiant Universe. For IMPERIUM do I need to read all of HARBINGER or is OMEGAS sufficient? I guess I already realize the answers to both is "yes read everything!" LOL, but time and money, etc......

Quote Originally Posted by kinggirlfriend View Post
    So far I've mostly stuck to a smaller corner of the Valiant Universe, The Eternal Brothers, Bloodshot, Ninjak and DR Mirage. I'm feeling the itch to expand to more titles. I really like Doug Braithwaite's work and see that he did the first Volume of UNITY and IMPERIUM. My question is, do I need to read anything before UNITY? I guess I've mostly avoided X-O and HARBINGER because there seems to be so much of both.
    You'll probably need to read a little bit of Harbinger to get maximum enjoyment of the first arc of Unity at least – one of the characters from that series is the one who assembles the team. I think X-O is skippable for now, but you may find you'll want to dive into it pretty quickly thereafter...

Also, my personal thoughts about Unity: it doesn't stay consistent in the long-run, and the art never again comes close to what Dougie does in that first arc. If you find you're just not feeling it at any point, in the interest in time and money, I say that it's safe drop it and advise to turn to Harbinger and X-O instead! (Especially because Harbinger will let you read Imperium.)

Quote Originally Posted by thewarning View Post
    You'll probably need to read a little bit of Harbinger to get maximum enjoyment of the first arc of Unity at least – one of the characters from that series is the one who assembles the team. I think X-O is skippable for now, but you may find you'll want to dive into it pretty quickly thereafter...

Also, my personal thoughts about Unity: it doesn't stay consistent in the long-run, and the art never again comes close to what Dougie does in that first arc. If you find you're just not feeling it at any point, in the interest in time and money, I say that it's safe drop it and advise to turn to Harbinger and X-O instead! (Especially because Harbinger will let you read Imperium.)
    All the good reviews of IMPERIUM makes me want to check it out but I knew I'd probably have to read thru HARBINGER first. Thanks! I guess I was leaning towards UNITY (and to a lesser degree X-O) because of the NINJAK focus in the second volumes of each. The tight continuity is finally paying off for Valiant when it comes to my purchases. I'm starting to feel the gaps when reading other stuff and I'm generally just curious and wanting to read more about specific characters.

Now to solve the problem of time and money .......

You can jump into any of them at any time, really. The beauty of the Valiant Universe, as I'm sure you know right now, is that all of the characters are super accessible: you only need to know who they are and you'll fundamentally "get" them – and then watch them develop from there.

You'll get who Toyo Harada is pretty quickly if you want to jump right into Unity or Imperium – and you almost certainly won't be lost – but it may not be as enjoyable of a read as it would be if you're caught up on Harbinger.

As for time and money...if I had enough to share, I certainly would.