Page 273 of 400 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283323373 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 6000
    Incredible Member

Thanks, I've been avoiding Quantum and Woody for some reason (the art doesn't grab me I think), but if it's got that kind of humor I'll check it out.

Mighty Member

As far as Valiant's comedy books, the original Archer and Armstrong is at the top, but that's because it's a blend of so many elements and it builds and weaves them so well. When it comes to sheer humor, Quantum and Woody has it beat. I don't think it gets talked about much because it's 1) over for the time being and 2) VERY self-contained, but it's a good book that starts out well and only improves as it goes along.

Mark me down as another who enjoyed Q&W, it's just been a while since it came out and haven't felt the need to discuss it.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Finally got around to reading 4001 Shadowman and the art was the highlight. I've mentioned before how much I dislike Gil's art but for some reason I found this issue extremely enjoyable. Something about it just clicked.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

I think Josh Dysart might announce his next project at SDCC. Why else would he be on this panel?

Valiant Creators' Round Table: Valiant Entertainment continues to be one of the biggest surprise successes in comics history, rising from the ashes in 2012 and generating some of the industry's smartest, most action-packed superhero stories. Valiant creators Jody Houser (Faith), Robert Venditti (X-O Manowar, Wrath of the Eternal Warrior), B. Clay Moore (Savage), and Joshua Dysart (Imperium) describe how they construct the Valiant universe, moderated by Vulture's Abraham Riesman (associate editor).
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    I think Josh Dysart might announce his next project at SDCC. Why else would he be on this panel?
    Thanks for posting this Ferg. I hope you're right and we get a new Dysart book.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Fuutre Instigator kinggirlfriend's Avatar

Over the weekend I read:

Bloodshot 4001 A.D. - A great continuation of of the Bloodshot story from the BoD. Loved the art. Would love to see more of this thread continued or expanded.

Shadowman 4001 A.D. - I guess I should take back what I said about Gill's artwork, everything I've seen except for his work on BoD has been excellent. Maybe it's the coloring? I don't know but I loved everything about this issue. I hope we get a continuation from where this left off.

The Death-Defying Dr Mirage Vol 2: Second Lives - Enjoyed this much more than volume 1. It made a lot more sense and flowed better, IMO. So much so that I'm going back to reread vol 1. The only thing I can fault it for is a mix of fill in art on random pages toward the end that do not go with the rest of the art in the book. It'll be interesting to see where they take the character next, I hope there's a volume 3 eventually. There's a definite plot thread left hanging.

Quote Originally Posted by kinggirlfriend View Post
    Shadowman 4001 A.D. - I guess I should take back what I said about Gill's artwork, everything I've seen except for his work on BoD has been excellent. Maybe it's the coloring? I don't know but I loved everything about this issue. I hope we get a continuation from where this left off.
    Same here, there was something different about the art that had me digging it.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

EW was pretty great. There were a couple of spots of dialog that were too explain-y, but lots of gorgeous action similar to the second half of last issue. Really enjoy seeing Gilad rise to this task.

Bloodshot was solid, as expected. Excited to hear the chatter about that last page.
    Last edited by thewarning; 07-13-2016 at 04:47 PM.

It's weeks like these that make me feel okay about being a Valiant Stan. All 3 were incredible this week. Bloodshot was beautiful, as expected, and I'm loving this "war buddies" vibe I'm getting from this arc. Not really sure what to make of the last page revelation, but I'm intensely curious. It seems impossible that PRS would have spoilers:
    Kay's body
    end of spoilers for as long as Deathmate has been around, but I guess we'll find out more next month.
    Ninjak was like revelation central. Everything really came full circle for me, and I can start to see how this is all going to be one huge story about Ninjak coming to terms with being an actual good person/hero (interspersed with crazy stories like Op: Deadside and Fist & Steel).
    And man, Wrath is just so f***ing intense! It just swept me off my feet with the first few pages and kept my pupils dilated the entire issue with relentless action, violence, and superhero quips.

Everything blew me away. 5/5 all around.
    So far, this month is 3-1 for me. I can't imagine week 4 (4001 3, X-O 47, Divinity 4) being anything less than amazing, but it's week 3 that I'm really intrigued by. I'm sure the Rai tie-in will be fantastic, as it has been the last 2 months, I'm very excited for Faith, and even more excited to see an Archer/Faith crossover/date.

Over the weekend I read:

Bloodshot 4001 A.D. - A great continuation of of the Bloodshot story from the BoD. Loved the art. Would love to see more of this thread continued or expanded.

The Death-Defying Dr Mirage Vol 2: Second Lives - Enjoyed this much more than volume 1. It made a lot more sense and flowed better, IMO. So much so that I'm going back to reread vol 1. The only thing I can fault it for is a mix of fill in art on random pages toward the end that do not go with the rest of the art in the book. It'll be interesting to see where they take the character next, I hope there's a volume 3 eventually. There's a definite plot thread left hanging.
    1. I guess I might have to give Second Lives a shot now.
    2. I haven't been sure how to say this, due to the overwhelming positive reception of 4001: Shadowman, but I didn't really like it. It definitely had interesting world-building going on, and some really neat coloring, but it all felt kind of bland to me. Obviously, Shadow(wo)man is going to be a little different in 2000 years, but there was nothing scary, intimidating, or cool about her. She was just there, swinging her scythe around like a Megazord.
    3. I feel a little silly for feeling this way, but I cannot wait for you to get to Unity. You're gonna love it.
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 07-13-2016 at 05:07 PM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics

Fuutre Instigator kinggirlfriend's Avatar

3. I feel a little silly for feeling this way, but I cannot wait for you to get to Unity. You're gonna love it.
    I picked up Volume 1 but probably won't get to it until this weekend. I'm pretty excited about it!

I also have BLOODSHOT REBORN: ANALOG MAN and A&A Vol 7 ordered and on the way.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

It's weeks like these that make me feel okay about being a Valiant Stan. All 3 were incredible this week. Bloodshot was beautiful, as expected, and I'm loving this "war buddies" vibe I'm getting from this arc. Not really sure what to make of the last page revelation, but I'm intensely curious. It seems impossible that PRS would have spoilers:
    Kay's body
    end of spoilers for as long as Deathmate has been around, but I guess we'll find out more next month.
    Ninjak was like revelation central. Everything really came full circle for me, and I can start to see how this is all going to be one huge story about Ninjak coming to terms with being an actual good person/hero (interspersed with crazy stories like Op: Deadside and Fist & Steel).
    And man, Wrath is just so f***ing intense! It just swept me off my feet with the first few pages and kept my pupils dilated the entire issue with relentless action, violence, and superhero quips.

Everything blew me away. 5/5 all around.
    So far, this month is 3-1 for me. I can't imagine week 4 (4001 3, X-O 47, Divinity 4) being anything less than amazing, but it's week 3 that I'm really intrigued by. I'm sure the Rai tie-in will be fantastic, as it has been the last 2 months, I'm very excited for Faith, and even more excited to see an Archer/Faith crossover/date.
    Dang I need to get caught up on Bloodshot and Ninjak again. I'm a month behind there but still good to know that the current issues are going strong. Can't wait to read them. I'm really looking forward to next weeks Valiant offerings though. I've been waiting for Faith since the mini ended so I can't wait for that and I've been really enjoy the Rai's tie ins for 4001 AD so far. I'm really liking the history and character building there. I'm also looking foward to Archer and Faith's date. All in all next week looks great.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I picked up Volume 1 but probably won't get to it until this weekend. I'm pretty excited about it!
    Just a friendly heads up, there's a small gap between Unity #2 and #3 and the story is covered in X-O #20. Granted it's a crossover between the two but Valiant's usually good about letting each part stand on its own if you don't feel like reading the other book. It's nothing big but still it doesn't change the fact that it's a great read.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Hey Ferg, if I didn't read the first issue of the Siege of King's Castle do you think I could enjoy the last 3? I still haven't tracked down whatever issue that was – LCS missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by thewarning View Post
    Hey Ferg, if I didn't read the first issue of the Siege of King's Castle do you think I could enjoy the last 3? I still haven't tracked down whatever issue that was – LCS missed it.
    It is a pretty incredible intro issue. The second issue, surprisingly, kind of let me down (for various reasons), so I think that would probably be an awkward place to start. Imo, you should probably just wait til you get #14.