Page 295 of 400 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305345395 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,425 of 6000
    Incredible Member

Ninjak vs. the Valiant Universe
    https://youtu.be/HQcLClgLfkg
    Last edited by ksbord; 10-08-2016 at 01:53 PM.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    Ninjas vs. the Valiant Universe
    I loved it! I mean, it definitely looks like a web-series, and Ninjak's a little too leathery. But damn, it looks awesome! Archer & Armstrong!!
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Incredible Member

Agreed on all points. Gotta say I was skeptical of the choice for Aric, but he looked pretty good! Now if only we got a better glance st the X-O armor...
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Agreed on all points. Gotta say I was skeptical of the choice for Aric, but he looked pretty good! Now if only we got a better glance st the X-O armor...
    Obviously I want to see more X-O, but that swoop around the mountain at the end of the teaser got me all kinds of hyped.

EDIT: Also, I love Faith, but I'm very glad that she wasn't in the trailer or the poster.
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 10-08-2016 at 02:14 PM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Not bad. Looks like some of the better made fan projects as far as production value.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    Obviously I want to see more X-O, but that swoop around the mountain at the end of the teaser got me all kinds of hyped.

EDIT: Also, I love Faith, but I'm very glad that she wasn't in the trailer or the poster.
    I think XO was probably the hardest character for them to make, so we'll see when we get a better look. My favorite scenes were the ones with Bloodshot and Livewire(that actress looks really hot!).

BANNED

This is going to be interesting if they can pull it off properly as I never did get involved with Valiant comics.

They said they were just getting started on the XO episodes, so I'll bet it was prelim/CGI footage. But the actor said the suit "looks just like the comics."

We got to see the full Bloodshot intro scene at the end of the panel. It was fun but I dunno. I don't really know about webseries production quality, etc.

The room was packed, the most I've ever seen at a Valiant panel, but most people seemed like they were there for Jason David Frank.

Also chatted with RV at the Valiant booth. He is really, really bummed about Wrath getting cancelled. I asked him if he was sticking around and he told me he's focusing on his DC work and has some other projects in the pipeline, but I didn't get the sense that they were going to be with Valiant (then again, he may have just been keeping a tight lid on things). If we're keeping score, that's two of their headlining writers that have had books prematurely cancelled, and we know Dysart isn't happy, either...

OH, and Lewis Larosa has pages from Savage #1 and #2 on sale at his booth. Mostly action scenes, so no real spoilers to glean, but holy crap – dino insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by thewarning View Post
    Also chatted with RV at the Valiant booth. He is really, really bummed about Wrath getting cancelled. I asked him if he was sticking around and he told me he's focusing on his DC work and has some other projects in the pipeline, but I didn't get the sense that they were going to be with Valiant (then again, he may have just been keeping a tight lid on things). If we're keeping score, that's two of their headlining writers that have had books prematurely cancelled, and we know Dysart isn't happy, either...
    Wow... bad news all around... Not gonna lie, it's a little nerve-wracking seeing that the panels only consisted of Roberts, Houser, and Van Lente. Valiant's still got Kindt and Lemire in the tank, so I am being a little overly negative, but it's still a little worrisome. They've got their art game on lock with people like Crain, Clayton Henry, LaRosa, Suayan, Gill, etc, etc, I could go on forever. Their writing on the other hand..? Well, it could use some work. I mean, it's fine now, but I'm having trouble being too terribly optimistic for the future. Hopefully Renegades, Savage, Brittania, and the continued quality of Faith will win me over.

So I've now watched that trailer about 7 times, and I love it more every time. If they can nail the fight scenes, I think this series is gonna be pretty amazing.

Btw, has anyone noticed yet that there's a note in the teaser that says "Where is Savage?"

Some interesting tidbits from the panel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqk8aOoMOOc
    Bloodsquirt will make an appearance.
    Livewire is the first to fight Ninjak.
    The story is about Ninjak being forced (presumably by Roku and co.) to retrieve something from MI6, so they send out Unity to stop him.
    They're shooting X-O's scenes right now. This makes me think that at least two episodes have been completed.
    It'll be 6 episodes.
    Shadowman is totally on Mico Suayan's poster.
    Armstrong's actor is just perfect.
    Starts in 2017
    Dinesh is so weird about revealing stuff early.

On a side note... 2017 is the 25th anniversary for most of Valiant's core roster.

Good interview with Armstrong and Livewire:

I love the Bat in the sun fight, although they come second to Deathbattle for me, so I can't wait to see what Valiant has in store for us next year with them. Also I think they may have mentioned something about this being the start of their online media group so I can't wait to see what else they announce.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    Wow... bad news all around... Not gonna lie, it's a little nerve-wracking seeing that the panels only consisted of Roberts, Houser, and Van Lente. Valiant's still got Kindt and Lemire in the tank, so I am being a little overly negative, but it's still a little worrisome. They've got their art game on lock with people like Crain, Clayton Henry, LaRosa, Suayan, Gill, etc, etc, I could go on forever. Their writing on the other hand..? Well, it could use some work. I mean, it's fine now, but I'm having trouble being too terribly optimistic for the future. Hopefully Renegades, Savage, Brittania, and the continued quality of Faith will win me over.
    FWIW Kindt wasn't at the con at all this year, first time since he started Mind MGMT. The comic guest list this year in general was kind of weird. There's so much TV stuff, it seems like NYCC scales comic stuff back each year. In short, I'm not sure how worried to be about the panel attendees.

Quote Originally Posted by thewarning View Post
    FWIW Kindt wasn't at the con at all this year, first time since he started Mind MGMT. The comic guest list this year in general was kind of weird. There's so much TV stuff, it seems like NYCC scales comic stuff back each year. In short, I'm not sure how worried to be about the panel attendees.
    I agree, besides some news from DC and Dark Horse there wasn't much actual comic news to go around this year, not even from Marvel. I read somewhere recently that only 6% of attendees at comic con are actually comic-book readers.