Page 306 of 400 FirstFirst ... 206256296302303304305306307308309310316356 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,590 of 6000
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Besides that, there's no way that aren't going to be forced into Harbinger Wars 2 in some way or fashion.
    Possibly sooner than that... pretty sure I saw Dinesh mention they get involved in the next Harbinger arc.

*edit* -- and apparently it will be the next time we see them, as word coming out of a FVL chat today is that Gen Zero is ending after the second arc. Bummer.
    Last edited by ksbord; 12-06-2016 at 03:08 PM.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Mighty Member

That suuuuuuuuucks. Valiant, What are you DOING!? Even if it didn't sell well, which idk I didn't look at the numbers, you can't get rid of everything that feels different!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    *edit* -- and apparently it will be the next time we see them, as word coming out of a FVL chat today is that Gen Zero is ending after the second arc. Bummer.
    What??!! Gen Zero is pulling an Eternal Warrior and ending at issue #8---well crap, crap, crappity, crap, crap!!
    I'm just really getting into it now.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    Possibly sooner than that... pretty sure I saw Dinesh mention they get involved in the next Harbinger arc.

I wish they would've let it go at least 12 issues. You can't build a story with a 4-issue intro and a 4-issue outro. It wasn't even given a chance.

That said... can't say I give a s***. This will leave some space for other, hopefully better, books.
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 12-07-2016 at 12:08 AM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Mighty Member

It feels to me like Post-Ivar, they really aren't giving their ongoings a chance anymore. I'm going to be honest, right now, the only announcement that would really excite me is Shadowman and more 4001 stuff, unless out of the blue Dr. Mirage gets a full ongoing, cause so many of their other books has either already been cancelled recently or is about to be.

It feels to me like Post-Ivar, they really aren't giving their ongoings a chance anymore. I'm going to be honest, right now, the only announcement that would really excite me is Shadowman and more 4001 stuff, unless out of the blue Dr. Mirage gets a full ongoing, cause so many of their other books has either already been cancelled recently or is about to be.
    Bloodshot Reborn and Ninjak lasted quite a while... Ninjak's getting at least 25 issues, and Bloodshot, including USA, has at least 23 issues (although I could definitely go for more). I'd say that's perfectly acceptable nowadays. Once those get canceled, we're still going to have Faith, Harbinger: Renegade (hopefully), X-O, Shadowman, Rai, and probably a few more newcomers. Valiant's pretty clearly moving toward having a balance of ongoings and mini's, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing.
    With all that being said, I think at least half of Valiant's monthly output needs to be ongoing... preferably more. You can't build a universe without a strong base to feel like time is actively moving forward.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that Divinity (as well as Dr. Mirage... sort of; and potentially Brittania and Savage *crosses fingers*) is basically an ongoing with breaks inbetween, like Rai. When everything is said and done in March, Divinity will have (including one-shots) 16 issues total.
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 12-07-2016 at 12:20 AM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...inverse-950102

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/11/...-wonder-woman/

Found this while looking for another Valiant news article, thought it was interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...inverse-950102

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/11/...-wonder-woman/

Found this while looking for another Valiant news article, thought it was interesting.
    People seriously need to cool it on the "Valiant's Wonder Woman!" crap. It's like the most literal definition of 'jumping the gun' that I've ever seen.

HUGE X-O MANOWAR 2017 NEWS!!!!!

It will be a series of 3-issue story arcs, all written by Matt Kindt.
    Part 1: Soldier, with art by Tomas Giorello
    Part 2: General, with art by Doug Braithwaite
    Part 3: Emperor, with art by Clayton Crain
    Interlude: (1 issue), with art by Ryan Bodenheim
    And finally, Visigoth, with art by Mico Suayan, starting in 2018.

I swear I'm not making this up. It was just announced on Valiant Central's podcast today.
    http://all-comic.com/2016/valiant-ce...01-war-coming/

Incredible Member

Ferg, my friend, we need to work on your message board-fu! This was announced on Monday, and we were talking about it one page back and in a separate thread!

But yes, sounds pretty awesome, doesn't ?

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

BANNED

I am not familiar with the character, but why couldn't Valiant place a new person in the X-O Manowar Armor ?

I mean why couldn't they try to add diversity into the series and place a new person into the armor ?

I mean if it's alien armor, then couldn't it be passed down from person to person, via Marvel's Venom ?

Also the current man in the armor is VERY, VERY OLD, and sooner or later he's bound to die. So Why not replace him now in a time when diversity is needed in comics ?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I am not familiar with the character, but why couldn't Valiant place a new person in the X-O Manowar Armor ?

I mean why couldn't they try to add diversity into the series and place a new person into the armor ?

I mean if it's alien armor, then couldn't it be passed down from person to person, via Marvel's Venom ?

Also the current man in the armor is VERY, VERY OLD, and sooner or later he's bound to die. So Why not replace him now in a time when diversity is needed in comics ?
    Aric, at this point, is not an old man... probably more in his late 20s/early 30s. And most of what you are talking about has already been seen in Book of Death: The Fall of X-O Manowar, which details Aric's fate and what happens to the armor. Tyrying to be spoiler-free, because hopefully you'll give the previous series a read as well as this one!

Mighty Member

Goodness. I read Valiant to get away from the crap Marvel is doing. There's an Iron Man book with your name on it. Read that.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Well, that is obvious.
    Few people are worthy to wear the armor, it's killed or immobilized nearly everyone else who has attempted to bond with it.

Go read Marvel, thanks for playing.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Goodness. I read Valiant to get away from the crap Marvel is doing. There's an Iron Man book with your name on it. Read that.
    Jeez; they're merely asking a question; why so snarky? To the OP; the armor was actually donned by Livewire, in the first arc of Unity. She gave the armor back. While it's true the armor has killed many people before Aric; all of them were Vine (that we know of, not much backstory on Shanhara other than the XO zero issue). I will say this; there's plenty of diversity in VEI already, no real need to ditch Aric.