Page 307 of 400 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317357 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,605 of 6000

No reason not to see a "X-O Womanowar" in addition to Aric at some point maybe.
    We've seen other armours during the armour hunters and dead hand arcs. Might be cool to develop an Armor Corps.

And whilst im in no hurry to get rid of Aric, i would like if Valiant took the route of retiring/killing off their characters as time passes and having new characters take up their mantles.
    It'd be a refreshing change from Marvel/DCs never ending rebooting/de-aging of their characters.
    Its cool when Dick Grayson final takes up the mantle of Batman but it ultimatly lacks impact when we know Bruce Wayne will return in the next big event.
    Last edited by Dark-Flux; 12-09-2016 at 03:36 PM.

Incredible Member

Damn, I don't see any need to try and run someone off the board for suggesting that a new character could wear the armor. Personally, I read a lot of Valiant and I've never had ANY interest in XO specifically because the Aric character doesn't do anything for me. I don't feel any kind of connection to a Visigoth, I don't even know what that is. Personally, I think having a new person take the armor would broaden the appeal of the character.

That trolllsh argument aside, I was going to say that scribble and ian made some good points about the scope of Generati....oh, never mind, it's cancelled.

That's a real bummer, because if there's one thing that bothers me about the long term prospects of Valiant's line, it's that the number of "headliners," so to speak, doesn't seem to be expanding, in that Faith and arguably Divinity are the only characters to have "spun-off" successfully from other series, and some other characters like Shadowman and Dr. Mirage are nowhere to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    Ferg, my friend, we need to work on your message board-fu! This was announced on Monday, and we were talking about it one page back and in a separate thread!

But yes, sounds pretty awesome, doesn't ?
    God I feel like such an idiot... I guess I shouldn't have skimmed those Kindt interviews that everyone's been linking to. Man, when I heard that on VCP I got pumped as hell. It sounds like an amazing idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I am not familiar with the character, but why couldn't Valiant place a new person in the X-O Manowar Armor ?

I mean why couldn't they try to add diversity into the series and place a new person into the armor ?

I mean if it's alien armor, then couldn't it be passed down from person to person, via Marvel's Venom ?

Also the current man in the armor is VERY, VERY OLD, and sooner or later he's bound to die. So Why not replace him now in a time when diversity is needed in comics ?
    I gotta agree with the first two responses... If you are looking for forced diversity, and less "old" people, then go read Marvel. With that said, I don't think passing the mantle is an altogether bad idea, but I think Aric has quite a few stories left in him. I'm very invested in his relationship with Shanhara (the armor).

But no.. diversity is not needed in comics today. And even if it was, Valiant has plenty of diverse characters. No need to change one just because some people think it's more important to see different skin colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Aomalle27 View Post
    Jeez; they're merely asking a question; why so snarky?
    Quote Originally Posted by keeen View Post
    Damn, I don't see any need to try and run someone off the board for suggesting that a new character could wear the armor.
    It's the fact that he/she wanted to change the character for "diversity." That's the exact type of thinking that's leading to Marvel's countless bad decisions lately.

Quote Originally Posted by keeen
    That's a real bummer, because if there's one thing that bothers me about the long term prospects of Valiant's line, it's that the number of "headliners," so to speak, doesn't seem to be expanding, in that Faith and arguably Divinity are the only characters to have "spun-off" successfully from other series, and some other characters like Shadowman and Dr. Mirage are nowhere to be seen.
    Yea, it's a problem. To me, Faith, Bloodshot, and Ninjak are the headliners right now, but it's hard to include the latter two when they will probably be leaving soon. I think a better term would "core" series, and that's what Valiant is in serious need of in 2017. They need to build a strong core of 4-6 ongoings that we can trust will last at least 25 issues. 2017 is Valiant's 25th anniversary, so I have a feeling they will be doing just that. We'll see.
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 12-10-2016 at 06:04 AM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Quick Thoughts about last Wednesday's books:

Ninjak 22: Pretty rad, but literally nothing to say about it.

Faith 6: Beautiful art, great character-building. Faith is just the best, and she's beginning to build quite the cast. I think she solved the problem a little too easily, but it worked nonetheless, and made for a nice universe connection with the PRS stuff. Can't wait for the next issue, and I'm very excited to see what this series will turn into in a year or so.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Mighty Member

xD sorry if I came off as a curmudgeon.

I will say this, I personally wouldn't mind an X-O corps kind of deal, but I distinctly remember a lot of people hating the concept because I had to explain on this board that wasn't what happened/was going to happen during the Dead Hand arc, with all the other X-O's being a single fungal hive mind and all. Also, if they did an X-O corps kind of thing, it might be more interesting if everyone had a different skill set in an Armor Hunters kind of way. I mean, we already have the Armorines, but no one talks about them because they've failed to make them distinct and interesting. If an Armorines book came out right now, I wouldn't be excited.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    xD sorry if I came off as a curmudgeon.

I will say this, I personally wouldn't mind an X-O corps kind of deal, but I distinctly remember a lot of people hating the concept because I had to explain on this board that wasn't what happened/was going to happen during the Dead Hand arc, with all the other X-O's being a single fungal hive mind and all. Also, if they did an X-O corps kind of thing, it might be more interesting if everyone had a different skill set in an Armor Hunters kind of way. I mean, we already have the Armorines, but no one talks about them because they've failed to make them distinct and interesting. If an Armorines book came out right now, I wouldn't be excited.
    I'm inclined to agree that the Armorines are not prime-time players for their own series. Supporting players able to be used in <insert title here>... sure.

In my "if I was a comic book writer" daydreams, I imagined an Armorines vs. H.A.R.D. Corps mini-series. Like what if after Bloodshot USA ends, the gov't sends the Armorines in to take down PRS and arrest Kozol. Maybe we'd see the HC we know begrudgingly forced to fight on Kozol's behalf... a second HC team introduced that is the very immoralistic bunch of bastards Kozol designed... a deeper look into the people that make up the Armorines and the inner workings of Zahn Industries...

... and then that would lead to the introduction of Donovan Wiley, genius wunderkind working with all the Armorines tech at Zahn Industries. Inspired by heroes like X-O and Faith, he amasses an arsenal of futuristic technology to become the masked vigilante known only as Doctor Tomorrow.

Hey, a guy can dream, right? And ten points to anyone who can call out where I'm referencing that last idea from.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Samaritan from Astro city or Dr. Tomorrow from the Acclaim-Valiant years?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Dr. Tomorrow from the Acclaim-Valiant years?
    That's one of them. One more in there.

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

That's one of them. One more in there.
    Spiderman 2099?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Spiderman 2099?
    The individual bonded with the X-O Manowar armor during the Acclaim years was a genius wunderkind named Donovan Wylie.

Ohhhhh ok.

I think Valiant should learn from Marvel/DC's mistakes when it comes to diversity.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-10-2016 at 10:27 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    God I feel like such an idiot... I guess I shouldn't have skimmed those Kindt interviews that everyone's been linking to. Man, when I heard that on VCP I got pumped as hell. It sounds like an amazing idea.

I gotta agree with the first two responses... If you are looking for forced diversity, and less "old" people, then go read Marvel. With that said, I don't think passing the mantle is an altogether bad idea, but I think Aric has quite a few stories left in him. I'm very invested in his relationship with Shanhara (the armor).

But no.. diversity is not needed in comics today. And even if it was, Valiant has plenty of diverse characters. No need to change one just because some people think it's more important to see different skin colors.

It's the fact that he/she wanted to change the character for "diversity." That's the exact type of thinking that's leading to Marvel's countless bad decisions lately.
    With you saying about diversity I think it's needed in some places but with me I don't like Iron man I'm not going to read Ironman if he is white, black or Chinese or female and that's because I just don't like that side of Marvel

Mighty Member

I'm inclined to agree that the Armorines are not prime-time players for their own series. Supporting players able to be used in <insert title here>... sure.

In my "if I was a comic book writer" daydreams, I imagined an Armorines vs. H.A.R.D. Corps mini-series. Like what if after Bloodshot USA ends, the gov't sends the Armorines in to take down PRS and arrest Kozol. Maybe we'd see the HC we know begrudgingly forced to fight on Kozol's behalf... a second HC team introduced that is the very immoralistic bunch of bastards Kozol designed... a deeper look into the people that make up the Armorines and the inner workings of Zahn Industries...

... and then that would lead to the introduction of Donovan Wiley, genius wunderkind working with all the Armorines tech at Zahn Industries. Inspired by heroes like X-O and Faith, he amasses an arsenal of futuristic technology to become the masked vigilante known only as Doctor Tomorrow.

Hey, a guy can dream, right? And ten points to anyone who can call out where I'm referencing that last idea from.
    I would be completely down for that. I love H.A.R.D. Corps. I get excited whenever they show up. Imo, it's just a good concept. Likeable individuals forced to work under a villainous military corporation to try to change the world for the better, with a wide power-set that they can only use one at a time at the expense of causing brain hiccups, making room for all sorts of nifty and creative strategies. I feel like it would be the best candidate for a big budget current-gen game because of the combination between action, stealth, and strategy, and the player can be created and doesn't have to be a canon character.

A guy can dream.

Incredible Member

Some kind of announcement coming next week:

I'm thinking it's going to the 4th Stalinverse one shot.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    I would be completely down for that. I love H.A.R.D. Corps. I get excited whenever they show up. Imo, it's just a good concept. Likeable individuals forced to work under a villainous military corporation to try to change the world for the better, with a wide power-set that they can only use one at a time at the expense of causing brain hiccups, making room for all sorts of nifty and creative strategies. I feel like it would be the best candidate for a big budget current-gen game because of the combination between action, stealth, and strategy, and the player can be created and doesn't have to be a canon character.

A guy can dream.
    I'd play that.
    Some kind of announcement coming next week:

I'm thinking it's going to the 4th Stalinverse one shot.
    I think it might be Firebird's intro.

She's a new character spinning out of Stalinverse0