Page 314 of 400 FirstFirst ... 214264304310311312313314315316317318324364 ... LastLast
Results 4,696 to 4,710 of 6000

The Rocafort covers for the upcoming X-O series look awesome.

Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    The Rocafort covers for the upcoming X-O series look awesome.

If Valiant were able to steal Rocafort, I would be back in a heart beat.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I've gotten behind on my reads over the Holiday timeframe.
    Sat down and read the following last night.

Harbinger: Renegades#2 - Coming together but I didn't expect an entire second issue of Peter not being around. Felt the close of issue #1 indicated he'd show up during this issue. The events happening to Torque will clearly bring him back into the fold, even if it's more selfishly motivated.

Divinity 3 #1 - Super great read. The timeline at the start itself was well crafted to lay the ground work. Abram...you've got to do something. Ninjak being the only character to seemingly know something is altered seems odd. I await an explanation on that.

Bloodshot USA #3 - As a characer piece this issue was great for me cause I'd felt Kay McHenry was introduced as the VEI's Geomancer to only be snuffed out before anything could really be done to grow the character. Now, at the close of this issue she appears to be back from her apparent death due to the tinkerings of PRS after her confrontation with the Immortal Enemy. However, as if on cliche queue....there is Magic to witness the embrace. Question is where do we go from here?!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I was reading Unity and Imperium over the week and Im hoping Livewire gets her own book at some point. She felt like a character who could take off like Faith did and go even further.
    Absolutely agree. I'm kind of surprised it hasn't happened yet. She's always been a standout character and seems to me to be underutilized.

X-O Manowar Wednesday's: Brand new series for every fourth week of the month, alongside the continuing adventures of X-O.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingCool
    Drunk with power over positive reviews from the comics press, Valiant Entertainment, or as they’re calling themselves, “the best-reviewed publisher in comics,” has declared that the fourth Wednesday of every month, beginning with the release of X-O Manowar #1 in March, will henceforth be known as “X-O Manowar Wednesdays." Along with new issues of X-O Manowar each month, Valiant will deliver “a brand-new launch title, jumping-on point, or key issue” on that day as will, which, technically, kind of encompasses just about any comic they put out that week. As an example, March 22nd will see both X-O Manowar #1 and Bloodshot Reborn #0 storm comic shops and establish a beachhead from which Valiant will stage a full scale invasion of the entire calendar year.
    As advance warning of this hostile monthly takeover of Wednesdays, and helpful tool for people living in the pre-internet age, Valiant plans to send official paper X-O Manowar calendars to comic shops, reminding fans of every issue of X-O Manowar to be released throughout the year, as well as reminders of things like Inintial Order Deadlines, Final Order Cutoff Dates, and sexy pinups of Valiant CEO Dinesh Shamdasani (we’d show you a preview, but they’re very NSFW).
    “We’ve told fans and retailers in no uncertain terms that the new X-O MANOWAR series may very well be the most vitally important series that we have ever published,” said Valiant publisher and hyperbole aficionado Fred Pierce, reiterating everything that was printed in the previous two paragraphs of the press release they sent out, for some reason.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/01...ar-wednesdays/
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 01-05-2017 at 11:46 PM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Brittania: We Who Are About To Die

Just figured this deserved a separate post... Brittania 2 is already coming out in April. I honestly thought it would be at least 9 months until we got a sequel. Although I really enjoyed Brittania, I can't say I'm too excited tbh. Still though, it looks great, and I will be buying it on X-O Manowar Wednesday in April. The link has all of the covers too.
    Fifty thousand Romans stand on their feet, watching from the rafters of the coliseum with captured breath as Achillia, a gladiator unlike any that Rome has seen before, faces incredible odds – one lone warrior against five of Rome’s greatest. Such is the tradition, when a female gladiator enters the fray. When the carnage is complete, the coliseum roars its approval as Achillia stands victorious. Now, only one match away from winning her freedom, she has begun to gain renown. The women of Rome, suppressed by their husbands and fathers, have noticed. The men of Rome, husbands and fathers to a growing horde of women entertaining ideas of independence, have noticed as well.

On the other side of Rome, a strange mystery swirls through the Palatine Hill. In the dead of night, down winding alleys, Rome’s elite swear that they see visions of a blood-soaked Apollo walking the city…visions that are driving them mad. Even more are becoming sick with weird fever god-dreams. Panic ensues in the city. The Chief Vestal, Rubria, is arrested by Emperor Nero and threatened with crucifixion unless the deadly curse that’s fallen on Rome is lifted. She asks Antonius Axia, hero of Britannia and Rome’s only detective, for help. She offers only one clue…the gladiator Achillia.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/01...d-lesson-time/

EDIT: Also Faith was pretty good this week. It looks like they're taking her in some pretty dark places, and I can't wait to see what happens next.
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 01-05-2017 at 11:47 PM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    X-O Manowar Wednesday's: Brand new series for every fourth week of the month, alongside the continuing adventures of X-O.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/01...ar-wednesdays/
    The article is certainly taking the piss which I would normally find annoying but it's kind of an odd press release. It would be nice to get some announcements involving the other titles and creative teams.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Mighty Member

I'm actually more hype for the Britannia 2. First of all, I didn't know if I was going to like Britannia because of my iffy reaction to most of Peter Milligan's stuff (and you know, his Shadowman arc). Glad to have found out that I did. Second, I love gladiator tales. Combine the two, and there's a decent hype increase. Truth is, I liked Britannia more than Divinity I and II, and Savage thus far, and a lot of that has to do with some rich world building (for a four issue mini-series). Britannia feels like it could spawn its own corner of the Valiant Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    The article is certainly taking the piss which I would normally find annoying but it's kind of an odd press release. It would be nice to get some announcements involving the other titles and creative teams.
    Yea, it was extremely odd. I thought it was a big joke, but then it seemed a little vitriolic near the end. F**king Bleeding Cool.

And dude, I can almost guarantee that we will be getting a huge announcement of their upcoming sleight of books for 2017 by the end of January.

I'm really intrigued by the Britannia sequel. The synopsis sounds like it has the potential to be a good addition to what has been built so far. I am surprised at how soon it's appearing though. I hope it's not a sign that the sequel might be rushed and not up the standards of the first chapter. *Crossing fingers*
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Javasaurus View Post
    I'm really intrigued by the Britannia sequel. The synopsis sounds like it has the potential to be a good addition to what has been built so far. I am surprised at how soon it's appearing though. I hope it's not a sign that the sequel might be rushed and not up the standards of the first chapter. *Crossing fingers*
    I read you on that, it does seem awfully quick. On the flip side, Britannia was in the works for a long time before it even was announced. It could be the case that this second installment was always planned for, and has been equally long in development.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Javasaurus View Post
    I'm intrigued by that too although, like you, I'm worried that the sequel might be coming about too quickly. I enjoyed the first chapter a lot so I hope the second isn't being rushed.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    Yea, it was extremely odd. I thought it was a big joke, but then it seemed a little vitriolic near the end. F**king Bleeding Cool.

And dude, I can almost guarantee that we will be getting a huge announcement of their upcoming sleight of books for 2017 by the end of January.
    Looking forward to it. It may just be me but it's difficult to get excited when VEI slowly trickles out information. For a while it feels like they've been keeping their cards close to their chest. I don't remember it being like that with the second phase.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Caught up on my Valiant reads.

Gen Zero #5 - another solid entry as we begin the next(final?) arc.
    Faith # 7 - was a decent read, what's up with these death visions?
    A&A #11 - the sooner this ends the better. Gub Gub is horrible. A worse idea than Bloodsquirt.

Looking forward to Britannia II though, really enjoyed the first!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Bloodsquirt is great.