Page 330 of 400 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340380 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 6000

Quote Originally Posted by rickribeiro View Post
    Hello everyone! Im new here! Loved to find a forum with people who loves Valiant Comics too. Just started 2 weeks ago and i'm in love with the characters already! Reading following the chronological order, but already did read all Harbinger.
    Hello! Welcome! I'm glad you found the Valiant thread! We'd love to hear your thoughts on everything! I think chronological order is a great idea. What have you read so far? And what are you most excited for?

Quote Originally Posted by Spyffy View Post
    Just wanted to say hello from a new Valiant fan. I recently picked up the Harbinger deluxe editions and thought it was awesome.
    I'll be picking up Secret Weapons when it comes out and Eternity has piqued my interest.
    Hello! If you're interested in some series that will lead in to Secret Weapons, check out Unity Vol. 1. It's amazing and Livewire is a main character. Divinity is also really good and highly recommended if you want to understand more about Eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by kinggirlfriend View Post
    Over the weekend I did pick up and read BLOODSHOT & HARD CORP Vol 5: GET SOME. And damn if I didn't like it. I have had my fill of HARD Corp tho. But it was a fun little aside while it lasted. It did make Bloodshot feel as if he was the guest star in his own book, but I do love stories that expand on PRS. I thought I'd hate the Bart Sears art more but it wasn't that bad, just not as good as what came before. I'm still fine with them killing off HARD Corp in the Massacre arc.
    Yea, Bloodshot and HARD Corps is pretty fun but that's about it. I agree on all points except the Bart Sears art. I hated it. It was just the perfect send off to a series with lackluster art all around imo.

Quote Originally Posted by crossbones View Post
    A question for Valiant fans:

Even though the new Shadowman book is almost a year away (sigh), how do you think he should be brought back in it?

I'd say steer away from superheroics in skintight underwear, and make it a horror book plain and simple. Make him creepy and scary and even more unstable than he has been thus far, also set the book in the real world and not Deadside.
    I agree with everything you just said. I'm not a huge fan of Shadowman (or any magic-related superhero really), so don't take my opinion to seriously, but I would like to see a return to basics, like the 90's Shadowman: New Orleans, Jazz, etc. I haven't ever said that about a Valiant series, but this is the one occasion in which the original was exceedingly better than the reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Also I saw this on Bleedingcool, think its the mystery book for August.
    Well it definitely says "The Search Begins this Winter" on the ad, so I doubt that this will come out in August. Valiant has been known to screw with our heads though (Harbinger: Renegade[s]), so who knows.
    They said the mystery book will be revealed in August, which means that will be after the events of Massacre Pt. 1, so I'm thinking it will be directly related to psiots in some way. spoilers:
    I'm rooting for Imperium #17
    end of spoilers
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Fuutre Instigator kinggirlfriend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of Shadowman ......, but I would like to see a return to basics, like the 90's Shadowman: New Orleans, Jazz, etc. I haven't ever said that about a Valiant series, but this is the one occasion in which the original was exceedingly better than the reboot.
    I agree. The jazzy setting was an important theme. New Orleans was important part.

They said the mystery book will be revealed in August, which means that will be after the events of Massacre Pt. 1, so I'm thinking it will be directly related to psiots in some way. spoilers:
    I'm rooting for Imperium #17
    end of spoilers
    Oh god I hope so!

Mighty Member

X-O #2- As good as one. It's a simple story with a strong handle on its characters and art that takes it to the next level. I'm going to go ahead and say Shanhara isn't the consciousness of the alien girl. The oddest thing about it is how close Aric's armor resembles He-Man.

Britannia #1- It was good, but if someone wanted to hop onto Britannia right now, I would tell them to pick up the last volume. There's just as much blood and gore here, but it's definitely more carefully paced. The gladiator whom all this is supposed to revolve around doesn't come into play until the last few pages. I think one thing that strikes me is how little anything has actually changed since the first one. I hope by the end of Volume III, assuming they'll be one, something shakes things up between Rubria and Nero. I can see their constant bickering getting old sooner rather than later. Game of Thrones, this is not.

Gen Zero #9
    spoilers:
    The extremity of Rasa's situation surprised me. A thing never addressed is that Keisha's dad knew about Rasa the whole time. I give him a pass on what happened while he was in the military, but that he was ok with the girl having her limbs cut off. Yeah, there's a possibility that he didn't know, but seeing how he was in out it from the beginning, I just can't see how he couldn't have. That makes him just as big of a villain in my eyes. Speaking of, I found Black Sheep to be very interesting. It's her combination of immaturity and self-delusion. That she can be the richest, prettiest, most popular girl and class and literally get anything she wants due to her father's abuse of Rasa and still consider herself THE victim, she really is the incarnation of "Everyone's a hero in their own mind." She did have some valid points, though. I'd like to see her grow and develop as a person if we ever get to see her again. The biggest thing is that Gen Zero has created their own genosha for teens. This could make them pretty influential as far as the future of psiots are concerned. I mean, given my options, if I was a psiot teenager looking for someplace to lay low, I know exactly where I'd be going. I'd like it to stick, but there's no telling if it will.
    end of spoilers

Hello! If you're interested in some series that will lead in to Secret Weapons, check out Unity Vol. 1. It's amazing and Livewire is a main character. Divinity is also really good and highly recommended if you want to understand more about Eternity.
    Thanks for the welcome and I'll be sure to pick up Unity before Secret Weapons comes out and Divinity sounds like a very interesting concept can't wait to give it a read.
    Monthly: Batwoman, Black Hammer, Black Magick, Detective Comics, Injection, Extremity, Heathen, Lazarus, Monstress, The Old Guard.
    Mini Series: Abbott, Return to Whisper, Songs for the Dead.
    TPB/HC: Animosity, East of West, Invincible, Seven to Eternity, Southern Cross, The Woods.

X-O 2- Like ScribbleMind said, this was just as good as the first one. I see no signs of this thing slowing down. The extremely structured approach to the arcs of this series seem to be working really well for Kindt. I am in love with the relationship/conflict between Aric and Shanhara and cannot wait to learn more. I'm usually excited for Valiant books month-by-month, but I haven't felt this empty from realizing that I had to wait a full month for the next issue in a long time. Giorello just keeps killing it too.

Brittania 1- I wasn't the biggest fan of the first one, but now I realize that that was just the intro. This is the real story. I am really sucked in to every plot thread: Rubria and Nero's rivalry, the female gladiator, Antonius' "son," and the talking "god." Milligan is killing it on the mystery aspect (which was lacking in the first mini imo) and this might be the best looking Ryp book so far. Kudos to Frankie D'Armata on colors to. It's not easy to upstage Jordie Bellaire.

Valiant High 3- Shit hit the fan in this issue, but it kind of ruined the meticulous pacing of the first two issues. Regardless, it was still a lot of fun, and "Mr. D's" inclusion was just awesome.
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 04-27-2017 at 10:58 PM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Awesome! And it's no problem, as you've noticed, I love helping new readers out with jumping into Valiant. Come back and fill us in on how you felt when you've read some stuff.
    So Harbinger Deluxe Edition vol. 1 and 2 are on their way, and I picked up the Renegade vol. 1 trade last weekend. Now I'm wondering how crucial is Imperium? Should I track that down before reading Renegade?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    So Harbinger Deluxe Edition vol. 1 and 2 are on their way, and I picked up the Renegade vol. 1 trade last weekend. Now I'm wondering how crucial is Imperium? Should I track that down before reading Renegade?
    1) Imperium is amazing and you need to read it asap, regardless of whether it's crucial or not. After reading Harbinger, you'll probably want more anyway, and Imperium will be there waiting for you to read.

2) So far, it isn't crucial at all. You can read Renegade immediately after Harbinger and have a good understanding of what's going on. However, the next arc (Massacre) seems to be involving all of the ancillary books and characters, so Imperium may become crucial very soon. I think of Harbinger as really a story about Harada and Pete. Harada's story continues with Imperium and Pete's continues with Renegade.
    Seeing as you've already bought Renegade, I'd say it would be fine to read that first.

3) Don't forget about Harbinger Wars! Unfortunately, it's not included in the Harbinger Deluxe Ed's. You can definitely enjoy the story without it, strictly from the Renegade's point of view, but it would be a waste. The mini is fantastic and very highly recommended. I know I throw around some serious hyperbole when it comes to Valiant, but Harbinger Wars is the best event they've ever published. Most people tend to agree on that I think. Oh, and it's written by Dysart.
    Armor Hunters: Harbinger is also written by Dysart and is pretty solid. I think the best course of action for this is to wait and get the Armor Hunters Deluxe, but just letting you know it's out there. Harbinger: Faith #0 is included in the trade btw.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

RE: Armor Hunter's Deluxe - If I get that, I can skip XO Deluxe Vol. 3, correct...? If so, my OCD will go wild when I look at them on the shelf, but that's a pricey double dip.

Again, your insights are appreciated!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

RE: Armor Hunter's Deluxe - If I get that, I can skip XO Deluxe Vol. 3, correct...? If so, my OCD will go wild when I look at them on the shelf, but that's a pricey double dip.

Yep.;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Don't let the OCD get in your way!! Personally, I think it would be super cool to see it all in order
    Vol. 1- The First Year
    Vol. 2- The Coming of Unity
    Armor Hunters!
    Vol. 4- ...not sure what this one should be called.
    Vol. 5- The Finale

Again, no problem!
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 04-28-2017 at 09:33 PM.

I was reading Constantine Vol 1 by tynion/doyle and rossmo and i enjoyed on how they portrayed the magic side of DCU and how it reflected Constantine himself so a similar approach would be ideal.

Shadowman's biggest problem was Jack himself and how weak his voice was as a character compared to everyone else. I think the status quo kindt gave him could feel like a good place to start.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Brittania 1- I wasn't the biggest fan of the first one, but now I realize that that was just the intro. This is the real story. I am really sucked in to every plot thread: Rubria and Nero's rivalry, the female gladiator, Antonius' "son," and the talking "god." Milligan is killing it on the mystery aspect (which was lacking in the first mini imo) and this might be the best looking Ryp book so far. Kudos to Frankie D'Armata on colors to. It's not easy to upstage Jordie Bellaire.
    We Who Are About to Die #1 was lots of fun. I DID enjoy the first mini but it indeed was set up for the meat of the power struggle within Rome. In a way it reminds me of when Harbinger first launched. I didn't think the first 4 issue arc of that was great but by the time you got to issue 8/9 its greatness was apparent BECAUSE of all the groundwork laid. That's what I'm feeling here with Brittania, it's a structured long game and only the patient will be rewarded.

I also like XO 2 but feel B:WwaatD needs more discussion focus at the moment.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    We Who Are About to Die #1 was lots of fun. I DID enjoy the first mini but it indeed was set up for the meat of the power struggle within Rome. In a way it reminds me of when Harbinger first launched. I didn't think the first 4 issue arc of that was great but by the time you got to issue 8/9 its greatness was apparent BECAUSE of all the groundwork laid. That's what I'm feeling here with Brittania, it's a structured long game and only the patient will be rewarded.

I also like XO 2 but feel B:WwaatD needs more discussion focus at the moment.
    Same with Wrath of the Eternal Warrior. It seemed kind of slow and tedious at first, only to blow our minds with the next arc. Even Rai and Venditti's X-O kind of felt like that.

All of these slow burns are possibly coming to an end though... They don't do well for sales, and as we can see from books like X-O and Bloodshot Salvation, they seem more focused on starting with a bang and slowly revealing the exposition at a later point.
    EDIT: Then again, nothing really happened in the first arc of Renegade.
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 05-04-2017 at 12:17 AM.

Fuutre Instigator kinggirlfriend's Avatar

Finally got my copy of BLOODSHOT USA and breezed right through it. Pretty great, and a nice full circle conclusion to the REBORN series. The only negative I can say is I wish it was longer, but that's a gripe I have with most of the Valiant books. It was nice seeing Unity again even if Gilad and Aric weren't there. Doug Braithwaite, man that dude can do no wrong IMO. I wish they gave him Unity full time. It was also nice that the Reborn #0 issue was included, it wasn't mentioned in the original solicitations so that was a cool bonus and a good epilogue to the series and event. Tho admittedly it wasn't really an event, just the next volume of Reborn. Super surprised they killed off Kozol, but damn if he didn't deserve it. THE VALIANT was the first NuValiant book I bought, along with the first volume of REBORN so this feels like I finally came full circle. Pretty cool.

I also picked up but haven't yet read THE DELINQUENTS. I started reading SCALPED (I know I'm the last person on earth), and needed something a bit lighter to counter it with. Just flipping through it it looks like a lot of fun. Pretty much every step of the way on my journey reading through Valiant I'd say I'm not sure about such and such title. Then I'd read it and love it. Never thought I'd get around to Q&A but now I'm eyeballing picking up Q&A MUST DIE for the Steve Lieber art. Which means I'll probably end up getting them all.

Quote Originally Posted by kinggirlfriend View Post
    Doug Braithwaite, man that dude can do no wrong IMO. I wish they gave him Unity full time.
    This is a great idea. Can you imagine if they published Unity like Rai and Renegade? I would love to have two Unity arcs a year with Doug Braithwaite.

Super surprised they killed off Kozol, but damn if he didn't deserve it.
    I thought Lemire's characterization of Kozol felt a little off. In Reborn/USA he came off as your stereotypical, mustache-twirling corporatist villain, but in Imperium and HARD Corps he was much more of a sleazebag and coward, but also very forward thinking and clever (just not clever enough for Harada). Tbh, he was going to die eventually, and the plan to release a Bloodshot virus and then clean it up is totally something he, and PRS, would do. It's only fitting that it finally blew up in their faces due to the changing superpowered landscape.

THE VALIANT was the first NuValiant book I bought, along with the first volume of REBORN so this feels like I finally came full circle. Pretty cool.
    Very cool.

I also picked up but haven't yet read THE DELINQUENTS. I started reading SCALPED (I know I'm the last person on earth), and needed something a bit lighter to counter it with. Just flipping through it it looks like a lot of fun. Pretty much every step of the way on my journey reading through Valiant I'd say I'm not sure about such and such title. Then I'd read it and love it. Never thought I'd get around to Q&A but now I'm eyeballing picking up Q&A MUST DIE for the Steve Lieber art. Which means I'll probably end up getting them all.
    Do it dude. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on The Delinquents.