Page 335 of 400 FirstFirst ... 235285325331332333334335336337338339345385 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,025 of 6000
    Mighty Member

Yeah, that's...poor news. Rae Sremmurd? Really? Drake, Kendrick, J.Cole, Chance, Gambino, RTJ, Tyler the Creator, Thundercat, Anderson .Paak, and they went with Rae Sremmurd?

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Yeah, that's...poor news. Rae Sremmurd? Really? Drake, Kendrick, J.Cole, Chance, Gambino, RTJ, Tyler the Creator, Thundercat, Anderson .Paak, and they went with Rae Sremmurd?
    Exactly! I was literally about to type almost the exact same sentiment. I will not be reading this because Rae Sremmurd is f***ing awful.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I wait to be impressed but it sounds like a bad idea. An idea that in the moment sounds good for some reason. I'll be shocked if they are musically relevant in 10yrs.

Yeah for a new attempt at a Shadowman ongoing though. Hoping Rapture completes the new beginning overhaul for Jack. Magpie you were fun for awhile.
    Based on the cover image he still looks like Magpie. I have'nt been following rap since 50 cents was popular lol. So I did some research and yes these guys sound awful.

I want to get into Eternity - when it comes out on 10/25 - but I'm not sure if it's a reintroduction of the Divinity character/universe, a new story arc/jumping-on point, an entirely new book, a continuation of the Divinity series (I, II and III: Stalinverse & Heroes of the Glorious Stalinverse) or what though.

I've read/watched some sources that say it's a combination of some of the aforementioned and some sources say it's all of the above... I've honestly never read any of the Divinity series. Should I or... [?]

I'm both curious and confused, that's all. Any help/info will be appreciated, of course.

Also;
    Is Divinity #0 connected at all or is it just a standalone?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Based on the cover image he still looks like Magpie. I have'nt been following rap since 50 cents was popular lol. So I did some research and yes these guys sound awful.
    Unfortunately, they're also one of the most popular hip-hop acts right now.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics

Quote Originally Posted by reversedeadshot View Post
    I want to get into Eternity - when it comes out on 10/25 - but I'm not sure if it's a reintroduction of the Divinity character/universe, a new story arc/jumping-on point, an entirely new book, a continuation of the Divinity series (I, II and III: Stalinverse & Heroes of the Glorious Stalinverse) or what though.
    Well, it's kind of all of the above actually. It's meant to be a continuation from Divinity, but I wouldn't say it's a 'sequel' necessarily. They've said that you can jump into Eternity without any knowledge of Divinity, and understand what's going on, just like any Valiant jumping-on point. It's going to a brand new story and an introduction into the wider Kirby-esque cosmic universe, and explain how/where the Divinity's got their powers.

I've read/watched some sources that say it's a combination of some of the aforementioned and some sources say it's all of the above... I've honestly never read any of the Divinity series. Should I or... [?]
    Yes. For sure. The first trade is $10 (probably $5 on Amazon), and it will probably make you want to read the rest. Also, they're all very good, and a great introduction to the wider Valiant universe. Do you know what it's about at all? Btw, this is just personal preference, but if you get to Divinity III, I recommend alternating issues of Stalinverse and the 'Heroes of..." one-shots. I think it flows a little better.
    1. Stalinverse 1
    2. Komandar Bloodshot (+Origin of The Red Legend)
    3. Aric, Son of the Revolution (+Origin of Kostiy the Deathless)
    4. Stalinverse 2
    5. Shadowman and the Battle for New Stalingrad (+Origin of Baba Yaga)
    6. Stalinverse 3
    7. Escape from Gulag 396 (+Origin of The Pioneer)
    8. Stalinverse 4

I'm both curious and confused, that's all. Any help/info will be appreciated, of course.

Also;
    Is Divinity #0 connected at all or is it just a standalone?
    It comes out in August I think, but seeing as the rest of the #0 issues that are coming out this year are meant to bridge the gap between two series, I'm guessing this will do the same. If you're curious about the character(s), and don't feel like reading the past issues, this would be a great place to start.

I think, I get the gist of it. I'll try your route. The whole premise sounds interesting. That's why I want to get into it.

BANNED

Reading the solicits...Divinity cant save the time stream but Faith can....sure that makes total sense...one is a living God and the other can generate a flight field....
    What is next Peter can beat Harada but Faith can?

I know she is popular but much like Ninjak...character should stay in their lane.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Reading the solicits...Divinity cant save the time stream but Faith can....sure that makes total sense...one is a living God and the other can generate a flight field....
    What is next Peter can beat Harada but Faith can?

I know she is popular but much like Ninjak...character should stay in their lane.
    Yea, issue 1 has a lot of explaining to do. I'm not taking this series too seriously obviously, but it's going to have to have a pretty good explanantion for Faith being the main character of this story.

Did anyone see the solicit for Renegade #8? “'MASSACRE' seeks its final victim..."

BANNED

Well also there is the fact a person comes from the future facing a technological threat and recruits Faith.....Faith? Really doesn't Livewire take a massive dump on tech regardless of how advanced it is as shown against Sunlight on Snow and a certain Armor....

I mean I get it Faith is popular but it really grinds my gears when the characters who should be best against certain threats aren't purely because another character is more popular.

Now that is not to say a weaker character cant win against a stronger with a clever plan but there are levels...

Livewire cant beat Harada straight up unless she gets back a certain armor....but she could beat him purely cause a personal relationship might cause Harada to hold back....meanwhile there is nothing Faith can do to stop Harada from beating her...that is just an example
    Last edited by JediKage; 07-18-2017 at 11:11 PM.

Mighty Member

I always figured it was because of her charm and ability to bring people together. If I needed someone to beg and plead for people to do the right thing, I'd go straight for Faith first. I don't suspect she alone will save the time stream, but it's Future Force, that suggests she won't be alone. It's not just a Faith book, regardless of how little they've spoken about the other characters appearing in it.

Britannia ended pretty well. Nothing else to say that I haven't said before.

I'm done with Rapture. You'd think because I've come so far that I might as well pick up the 4th issue, but I'm going to say no to that one. I love lore and mythology, but imo it should be in the background, the actual journey should be in the foreground. Once again, that journey is rushed, impeded by consuming exposition and lore that, instead of adding to the journey, cripples the journey itself. I get Valiant likes their 4 issue story arcs, but it seems to me that the worst of Kindt's writing would greatly improve if he had another issue or two so that the lore aspect isn't eating up all the stuff we actually want to see. This is not an arc that I'd like to see adapted in any medium, because it would just be boring. Explanation, hero's in the woods explaining stuff, weak mandatory conflict, explanation, hero's in the castle, weak mandatory conflict. Imo, the story should be focusing on the heroes as they journey from the woods to the castle, so when they reach their destination and face off against the big bad they've earned it. This arc's method of exposition jump cut exposition jump cut, it's just bad. Tbh, I'm increasingly surprised at how opposite Kindt's X-O is to his Ninjak, and how much better X-O is for it.

Secret Weapons #2 is as good as the first. It's shaping up to be the best mini-series since The Valiant.
    Last edited by scribbleMind; 07-19-2017 at 01:51 PM.

BANNED

I read Secret Weapons #1 and liked it quite a bit.

I'm new to Valiant, so I'm wondering if there's anything I should read to catch me up on the characters that are starring in Secret Weapons?

Mighty Member

With the exception of Livewire, all the characters in Secret Weapons are new. Now, way I figure it, there's two ways to go about it depending on how deep you want to go into the rabbit hole.

Harbingers-> Unity (first arc. She leads the group, but the first arc is the best and was actually sold as an event. It goes downhill from there)-> Armor Hunters-> Imperium-> Secret Weapons

or

Unity (4 issue arc)->Armor Hunters (4 issue event)-> Secret Weapon

Harbingers built everything psiot related, and Livewire is included in that. However, her origin and relationship with Harada is something that is retold and elaborated on so often that if you only want to know about her, I think you can skip Harbingers. While she is in Imperium, she doesn't really show up until the last arc, and it really doesn't directly affect her progression that much.

BANNED

Thanks for the help.

For now I'll just read Unity and Armor Hunters, and see how it goes from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Thanks for the help.

For now I'll just read Unity and Armor Hunters, and see how it goes from there.
    From scribbleMind's list I've actually only read Imperium. I thought it was awesome and wasn't too lost. I am liking Secret Weapons so far so you might like that as well.