Page 336 of 400 FirstFirst ... 236286326332333334335336337338339340346386 ... LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,040 of 6000
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Finally landed a copy of this OOP gem today!

A&A.jpg

Now if anyone knows where I can find a copy of Bloodshot Deluxe Edition 1, PM me!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Britannia ended pretty well. Nothing else to say that I haven't said before.
    I was a little underwhelmed... The first three issues were REALLY good, and got me sucked into the mysteries, but this just felt like it wrapped everything up a little too neatly, kind of like the first one. Overall, I liked We Who Are About To Die more than the first mini, and I think it's a quality book (especially due to Ryp's beautiful/horrific artwork), but I can't say this is one of my my favorite Valiant series.

I'm done with Rapture. You'd think because I've come so far that I might as well pick up the 4th issue, but I'm going to say no to that one. I love lore and mythology, but imo it should be in the background, the actual journey should be in the foreground. Once again, that journey is rushed, impeded by consuming exposition and lore that, instead of adding to the journey, cripples the journey itself. I get Valiant likes their 4 issue story arcs, but it seems to me that the worst of Kindt's writing would greatly improve if he had another issue or two so that the lore aspect isn't eating up all the stuff we actually want to see. This is not an arc that I'd like to see adapted in any medium, because it would just be boring. Explanation, hero's in the woods explaining stuff, weak mandatory conflict, explanation, hero's in the castle, weak mandatory conflict. Imo, the story should be focusing on the heroes as they journey from the woods to the castle, so when they reach their destination and face off against the big bad they've earned it. This arc's method of exposition jump cut exposition jump cut, it's just bad. Tbh, I'm increasingly surprised at how opposite Kindt's X-O is to his Ninjak, and how much better X-O is for it.
    Although I'll still be getting #4 (mostly just to see if Jack can *uck things up even more than he's already *ucked up his own life and everyone else's around him), I 100% agree. Matt Kindt has such a strange, inconsistent track record at Valiant. For every X-O, you get a Ninjak. For every To Kill a King, we get a Warmonger. Granted, he also wrote Rai and Divinity, so his status at the top tier of Valiant isn't to be disputed imo, but it can get really annoying seeing good ideas tarnished by his usual tropes. In a way, I think the 3-issue arcs and focused structure of X-O is really playing to Kindt's strengths, and I think Dinesh and the other higher-ups see that as well. My least favorite Kindt trope is his knack for creating multiple pointless characters, with meandering and boring backstories, and expecting us to care. He did it with Unity #0, The United, Warmonger, the Shadow Seven in Ninjak, the Stalinverse back-ups, and now this.

Harbingers-> Unity (first arc. She leads the group, but the first arc is the best and was actually sold as an event. It goes downhill from there)
    I think Homefront, The United, and even the Armor Hunters tie-in were pretty solid........... Unity #17 is a great little Livewire one-shot.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Mighty Member

War Mother preview.

https://www.newsarama.com/35477-prev...-mother-1.html

Gotta give a shout-out to Newsarama. Their support of Valiant was been pretty great.

BANNED

You can buy one from Barnes and Noble, or you can just order one from their shipping services!

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/blo...eId=PLGoP75606

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Finally landed a copy of this OOP gem today!

A&A.jpg

Now if anyone knows where I can find a copy of Bloodshot Deluxe Edition 1, PM me!
    You can buy one from Barnes and Noble, or you can just order one from their shipping services!

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/blo...eId=PLGoP75606
    Last edited by DarkAvenger; 07-25-2017 at 05:18 PM.

BANNED

Lol. Looks like Jared Leto might be playing Bloodshot.

http://www.cbr.com/bloodshot-jared-leto/

BANNED

So far I've read Doctor Mirage and Harbinger. Are there any series's in the Valiant universe better than those two, because as of now I am not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post

Huh... Well I don't hate Jared Leto, but he's going to have to get a LOT more yolked to play Bloodshot.
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 07-25-2017 at 11:33 PM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    Huh... Well I don't hate Jared Leto, but he's going to have to get a LOT more talked to play Bloodshot.
    I read that someone else was playing Blood shot.

http://comicbook.com/popculturenow/2...ng-bloodshot-/

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post

I just can't see it .

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAvenger View Post
    I read that someone else was playing Blood shot.

http://comicbook.com/popculturenow/2...ng-bloodshot-/
    JDF is playing Bloodshot in the web series.

BANNED

No Just No.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAvenger View Post
    So far I've read Doctor Mirage and Harbinger. Are there any series's in the Valiant universe better than those two, because as of now I am not impressed.
    Most Valiant fans tend to agree that Harbinger is one of, if not the best book that Valiant has published. Personally, I think the whole run (+Imperium) is one of the best comic series I've ever read. With that being said, there are a ton of other series that are wholly different genres and have nothing to do with Harbinger.
    Out of curiosity, what didn't you like about it?

I'm not the biggest fan of Dr. Mirage either, but it's really well received in the Valiant community, as well as the comic community as a whole.

And here's the teaser for the webseries I mentioned earlier.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    Most Valiant fans tend to agree that Harbinger is one of, if not the best book that Valiant has published. Personally, I think the whole run (+Imperium) is one of the best comic series I've ever read. With that being said, there are a ton of other series that are wholly different genres and have nothing to do with Harbinger.
    Out of curiosity, what didn't you like about it?

I'm not the biggest fan of Dr. Mirage either, but it's really well received in the Valiant community, as well as the comic community as a whole.

And here's the teaser for the webseries I mentioned earlier.
    Thank you for the trailer.

I was probably being too harsh when I said that I wasn't impressed, because I actually did enjoy Harbinger quite a bit. It's just that my friends had really hyped Harbinger up by saying that it was by far the best comic book series they have ever read, so my expectations were through the roof. Also, I generally prefer the style mainstream comics like Marvel and DC.

I think the main issue that I had with Harbinger (and Doctor Mirage) was that they move at such a different pace from Marvel and DC comics to the point where it was more difficult for me to get into. It's kind of like watching a Christopher Nolan movie for the first time after spending all of your time only watching Michael Bay movies. Harbinger was a lot slower than Deadpool or The Superior Foes of Spiderman, as it spent a lot more time setting up the atmosphere and the characters. However, I definitely want to keep reading.

Thanks for your interest.

BANNED

It does look nice but are the Divinities a couple now or something.