Page 350 of 400 FirstFirst ... 250300340346347348349350351352353354360 ... LastLast
Results 5,236 to 5,250 of 6000

Honestly, I think it could have been a cool concept if they had maybe done 10 pages in pitch black. Then, in the subsequent pages, just let Guedes go off and draw the craziest things he could imagine. That would have been awesome. Guedes art + prestige format is honestly worth more than $4, so if half of the issue lacked art, I think I would have been okay with it.

I think the major problem with this issue, however, is that the whole Book of the Dead arc seems really pointless and dumb. One issue was dedicated to set-up; getting Ray ready to venture into the deadside. Literally nothing happened in the second issue, and then there's only one more issue after that. I have to say, I'm not happy with this weird and dumb turn that Salvation has took, and I'm considering dropping the series if it doesn't pick back up with the 4001 arc.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

BANNED

How do you guys address Vincent Van Goat? He? She? or It?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Does it even matter now? Goat is gone.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    What do you mean?

All of the above.

tenor.jpg
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics

BANNED

Goat is awesome!

Goat is awesome!
    You must have missed the latest issue.
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 03-15-2018 at 02:50 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    You must have missed the latest issue.
    Nooooooo!

My favorite Valiant character is no more.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

How are you not up to date on your favorite character? R.I.P. Daddy Goat
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Ok, so I'm back for the new Shadowman series, as I've always love him. But I'm nervous about the changes to the company. Anyone leave their Valiant pull cause of the changes? Also I just caught up and read the Shadowman/Ninjak crossover thing. That's was a great story.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

BANNED

Why did they do it? huhuhu

Anyway, just in case you want to check my fave list outside dc and marvel: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profi...-marvel/70390/
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 03-16-2018 at 03:57 AM.

I also was pissed. Not only is there not enough story to be engaging in this issue but I just paid $4 for 95% black semi-gloss pages+ one with actual 4 color art.
    I came to see if anyone else felt this way. I was... displeased.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Why did they do it? huhuhu
    I guess you'll just have to read it and find it!

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Ok, so I'm back for the new Shadowman series, as I've always love him. But I'm nervous about the changes to the company. Anyone leave their Valiant pull cause of the changes? Also I just caught up and read the Shadowman/Ninjak crossover thing. That's was a great story.
    I'm not the biggest fan of Shadowman, but I'm pretty hyped about the new series.

In response to your other point, no I haven't dropped all Valiant yet. My goal is to stay optimistic until HW2 is over, but I have no trouble in dropping books if I notice a dip in quality. I just don't have the same level of loyalty that I used to. DMG has to earn that back from me. I dropped Ninjak vs. already, and if Salvation doesn't get it's act together, I'll be dropping that soon as well. As for the other series... I'm in for the long haul on X-O. Kindt would have to start phoning it in hard for that to happen, but he seems to be firing on all cylinders here. Ninja-K is good, but I need to see some forward motion soon. Looking forward to The Coalition and more Juan Jose Ryp art though. I'm really liking Q&W right now, but it's not perfect, and there's already a new writer coming on for #6, so who knows about that one.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    This honestly feels like Dinesh let a fox (DMG) into the henhouse (Valiant), and eventually they inevitably ate all of the hens... or at least the hens that were in charge. I don't get exactly what went down, but my guess is that Dino thought that it would be a great idea to get a little extra cash to try and grow Valiant. Then, when Valiant's film announcements never really came to fruition, and the publishing side didn't see any marked growth, DMG made some sort of strategic play to grab the rest of the company. Obviously they wanted to go in a different direction from Dinesh/Cuneo, so they took over.

This sucks. Really bad. I'll continue reading through the end of HW2, and if the current ongoings stay good, I'll keep reading those, but they're going to have to pull off a miracle to get me interested enough to spend $4 on the stuff that comes after.

Dinesh build a community and family, not just amongst the fans, but amongst his coworkers. Everyone who's ever given an interview about Valiant comments on how great Dinesh is. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the top talent started to leave, one by one.
    Dang I haven't kept up with the news so this is a real bummer to hear about. I'm currently reading everything valiant publishes and it's usually the first thing I feel like reading, too. Their publishing side, whoever was responsible, was really adept at giving fans what they wanted, and creating a cohesive universe and continuity. That's bound to be lost if you get rid of everyone who helped to build that. I'm with you - I'll keep reading what I'm reading, but I'll be way more attuned to shifts in quality and way more likely to drop them. I hate to be so cynical, but this whole deal seems like one of those lose-lose-lose propositions.