Page 379 of 400 FirstFirst ... 279329369375376377378379380381382383389 ... LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,685 of 6000

I recently read the new Shadowman series and found it interesting. I did like Jack and Alyssa's relationship. Maybe Jack wasn't the most interesting character there but I was okay with him.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Classic valiant team. Armorines?
    I do hope the Armorines get a revival at some point, it's one of the few properties that contemporary Valiant has sorely neglected.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geralt of Rivia View Post
    I do hope the Armorines get a revival at some point, it's one of the few properties that contemporary Valiant has sorely neglected.
    They danced around the Armorines in that first XO run and I think they got one more appearance somewhere in UNITY, maybe during Harbinger Wars?, and have not been seen since.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Did anyone read the visitor miniseries or the final witness?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-09-2020 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Did anyone read the visitor miniseries or the final witness?
    Final Witness isn't out yet, but The Visitor is still waiting to wrap up.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

I will say The Visitor finally started to get good by close of issue 3, bit of a slow burn for a mini.
    Curious on the wrap up now but will reread the prior issues when the conclusion happens.

I am aware that I'm very late here but I just found this -

https://www.cbr.com/top-100-comic-bo...s-master-list/

But I'm very ticked off theres nothing from Valiant in this list! Ever since their comeback in 2012 they have published purely high quality comics, what gives?

And yes I really agree with most of the runs listed there from other publishers but come on, biased much?

Quote Originally Posted by Geralt of Rivia View Post
    I am aware that I'm very late here but I just found this -

https://www.cbr.com/top-100-comic-bo...s-master-list/

But I'm very ticked off theres nothing from Valiant in this list! Ever since their comeback in 2012 they have published purely high quality comics, what gives?

And yes I really agree with most of the runs listed there from other publishers but come on, biased much?
    What do you think should be on the list from Valiant?

Certainly from 2012 to 2018 they produced a lot of good stuff, though they took a major downturn once they were sold to DMG imo. The initial relaunches of Bloodshot, Archer & Armstrong, and Harbinger stand out in my mind as top 100 worthy.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post

Certainly from 2012 to 2018 they produced a lot of good stuff, though they took a major downturn once they were sold to DMG imo. The initial relaunches of Bloodshot, Archer & Armstrong, and Harbinger stand out in my mind as top 100 worthy.
    Rai was one of the strongest and most unique books being put out by any publisher. Definitely that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post

My picks would be :

Archer and Armstrong by Van Lente
    Harbinger and Imperium by Dysart
    Bloodshot Reborn / Salvation by Lemire
    Secret Weapons by Heiserer
    Rai by Kindt
    X-o Manowar by Venditti
    X-O Manowar by Kindt
    Last edited by Geralt of Rivia; 12-20-2020 at 05:23 PM.

I'm curious what Valiant would do with the Mighty Crusaders license.

March solicitations doesn't really interest me. I might check out Savage. I'm hoping "Last Witness" still gets realeased.

I finally caught up on X-O and I don't think Dennis Hopeless knows who Aric is at all. This run is dreadful. That is all I can say after months of "I like the writer, I'm giving him a chance". Makes me feel stupid for defending the first issue when everyone else saw the problems with it. At least the art is pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    I finally caught up on X-O and I don't think Dennis Hopeless knows who Aric is at all. This run is dreadful. That is all I can say after months of "I like the writer, I'm giving him a chance". Makes me feel stupid for defending the first issue when everyone else saw the problems with it. At least the art is pretty.
    In my review of issue #2 I stated I feel Dennis Hopeless things Aric/Shanhara is the MCU Tony/Jarvis.
    Three issues in and this run has nothing in a narrative sense that makes it feel like anything else from 2012.
    Hopeless keeps pushing this Aric the Superhero and that is nothing, nothing that Aric's personality would care about. PR - what the public thinks....Aric could care less. Hopeless doesn't get Aric.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    In my review of issue #2 I stated I feel Dennis Hopeless things Aric/Shanhara is the MCU Tony/Jarvis.
    Three issues in and this run has nothing in a narrative sense that makes it feel like anything else from 2012.
    Hopeless keeps pushing this Aric the Superhero and that is nothing, nothing that Aric's personality would care about. PR - what the public thinks....Aric could care less. Hopeless doesn't get Aric.
    Indeed, I got that impression loud and clear from the first issue. Haven't read the rest.

Its a shame and honestly a surprise too, as I've liked Hopeless in the past on things like Avengers Arena.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!