Page 383 of 400 FirstFirst ... 283333373379380381382383384385386387393 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,745 of 5990
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I've always wanted to see Defiant and Broadway's library fold into Valiant. Shooter created so many great universes.
    I’d love to see Dinesh and Shooter take over Valiant. Maybe they’d get enough capital to buy Solar, Magnus, and Turok. Unity 2021/22

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’d love to see Dinesh and Shooter take over Valiant. Maybe they’d get enough capital to buy Solar, Magnus, and Turok. Unity 2021/22
    Shooter, as much as appreciate and love what he has done for VALIANT, has a rather large ego. Not sure he would be up for a Partnership. From what I know of Dinesh, I feel he would try to make it work in the interest of what is best for the characters/company.

Dinesh had said that before he got outed from the company some long term plans were simmering on fully acquiring Solar, Magnus and Turok. That is something I'd love to happen. LOVE!
    Divinity is good but he's not Solar. I'll grant he's a solid riff on Solar. That said....Savage does not impress me. Turok he is not. He's not even Andar in my book. If War Mother is meant to be the Magnus riff it is alright but she isn't Magnus enough. Good character though.

Also, while I'm here Shadowman #1 thoughts.
    Finally, finally after some 3years of wandering the creative wastelands it seems Jack Boniface is back on track. As a jumping on point I feel it works. One doesn't seem to need to know the convoluted backstory of Jack the last few years. The art is solid and I'm curious about where things go from here.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

This is why Dinesh needs a Kickstarter to drum up some capital to buy back majority of VEI.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Man, I wish I could get into the new Shadowman miniseries, but I just keep feeling that Val really doesn't care or want to support the magic side of the VU. Maybe I'll trade wait it? Idk, I've picked up every Shadowman series since 2012, so maybe I'll just get it for my collection.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    This is why Dinesh needs a Kickstarter to drum up some capital to buy back majority of VEI.
    Definitely. His vision made Valiant fantastic and once he left, the quality utterly collapsed.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

I read Savage#4 today, and it felt like i was reading an issue of Quantum and Woody, the tone of this series is nothing like the original.
    The villains remind me of the Edison rejects from Q&W.
    We also got a 'Turok' shout when Savage names his female sidekick 'Fireseed'- the name of the Acclaim version of Turok.

I haven't read my Savage #4 yet but that's the vibe I've been getting this whole time. You have articulated it well, this series has a Q&W type vibe, the foes are Edison rejects. Perfect comparison.
    It is a clear reason I say Savage is no Turok.
    The creative team on this is off and Hopeless on the current XO title said "hold my beer".
    Thankfully Shadowman #1 came out of the gate strong. Let's hope for the new Ninjak to do so as well followed by a strong conclusion to the VISITOR which I was starting to really get into before it went on that long haitus.

Valiant solicits for August 2021: https://www.previewsworld.com/NewRel...TAINMENT%20LLC
    Two books again X-O is back, but Shadowman is MIA.

Visitor #5 came out yesterday, then #6 comes out on the 16th to wrap the mini.

I'm going to wait for #6 then re-read it all. I recall the story getting interesting just as Covid shut Valiant down.

Anyone read it cause they have a better recall of the first 4 issues?

Well, I got around to it and sometimes you just have to answer your own question.
    Visitor #6 came out last week. I re-read them all and I must say I enjoyed it a lot.

****SPOILER******
    spoilers:
    Our Visitor is from 'x' point in the future of New Japan and his some version of a Positron. It is unclear from what era this Positron is from. Is he from Rai X or before or sometime during Rai X's tenure as The Rai? This Positron is ordered back thru time from his companion to stop Father from coming online. So it's a bit like stopping Skynet in that regard or the axiom if you could kill Hitler at birth type conundrum.
    Early Dr. Silk is also on board and revealed near the end. It is clear that while the Visitor stalls the launch of Father that his mission is not over.
    end of spoilers

The crux here is if he succeeds how much of everything thus published about Rai would be wiped away? Rai is my third or fourth favorite character concept at Valiant so while I enjoyed this reinventing of Visitor I need Rai intact.

Grade: B

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Well, I got around to it and sometimes you just have to answer your own question.
    Visitor #6 came out last week. I re-read them all and I must say I enjoyed it a lot.

****SPOILER******
    spoilers:
    Our Visitor is from 'x' point in the future of New Japan and his some version of a Positron. It is unclear from what era this Positron is from. Is he from Rai X or before or sometime during Rai X's tenure as The Rai? This Positron is ordered back thru time from his companion to stop Father from coming online. So it's a bit like stopping Skynet in that regard or the axiom if you could kill Hitler at birth type conundrum.
    Early Dr. Silk is also on board and revealed near the end. It is clear that while the Visitor stalls the launch of Father that his mission is not over.
    end of spoilers

The crux here is if he succeeds how much of everything thus published about Rai would be wiped away? Rai is my third or fourth favorite character concept at Valiant so while I enjoyed this reinventing of Visitor I need Rai intact.

Grade: B
    The Visitor was okay, but I wished he had a greater connection to the Valiant heroes than just being a positron.
    Maybe he could've been Harada's adult son from the future, after all that scientist guy he was fighting was a psiot.

Shadowman 3, was another solid read I hope we get more of the Pallbearer again. The Deadside reveal was interesting, and makes me wonder if every planet that has life in the VU have a giant loa riding it.

Valiant solicits for September 2021: https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalo...TAINMENT%20LLC
    Another 2 book month enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I've always wanted to see Defiant and Broadway's library fold into Valiant. Shooter created so many great universes.
    I had this exact same thought a few years ago, and you could add bits of the New Universe to that melting pot also. Those characters and concepts together would create such a rich mix and so many interesting stories could result.

I've never read any of the Defiant or Broadway titles. If I ever found a lot of them cheap I'd be willing to try them.
    Anyway

Shadowman #3 continues the course of taking the character across the finish line of what has been a creative misfire of Jack Boniface for the better part of three years. He seems in good hands with Cullen Bunn and I'm curious where things are going.