Page 387 of 400 FirstFirst ... 287337377383384385386387388389390391397 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,805 of 6000

Reading Robot Fighter #1 now, anyone want to discuss that?

Interesting, I didn't know there's a new Harbinger ongoing* (I got way behind on my comics over the pandemic and am really out of the loop regarding Valiant). I have mixed feelings about it. The early reactions here and at ComicBookRoundup are very positive, and I'm curious to see where they take the characters and concepts. On the other hand, Joshua Dysart's Harbinger and Imperium runs are among the most powerful comics I've ever read, and they relied very heavily on his particular vision and gifts. None of the non-Dysart work in the psiot-verse has been very exciting to me when I've sampled it, and I'm not too interested in the ongoing adventures of Peter and company if the work isn't first-rate.

I also don't remember where those characters were left the last time Valiant dipped into them.

So I'm curious but a little hesitant.

*[EDIT: Actually, is it an ongoing? Maybe I just assumed that.]
    Last edited by Yohei72; 12-06-2021 at 11:51 AM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Reading Robot Fighter #1 now, anyone want to discuss that?
    An old Magnus line? Can you be more specific?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

…the first one.

…the first one.
    It's better you give more info like who worked on it or year of publication.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    An old Magnus line? Can you be more specific?
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    There's only one Magnus series that Valiant put out, the early '90s one. The others were published by Gold Key, Acclaim, Dark Horse and Dynamite. iBooks put out a graphic novel in 2005, which was a fund read; too bad it went nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    As far as I’m aware, Robot Fighter was the first comic ever put out by Valiant.

Astonishing Member

As far as I’m aware, Robot Fighter was the first comic ever put out by Valiant.
    It wasn't their first issue published but it was the first issue of the Valiant universe.

What was the first then? I’m not seeing anything else.

Astonishing Member

What was the first then? I’m not seeing anything else.
    I don't know. Before Magnus, Valiant was publishing Nintendo and wrestling comics.

Oh, thank you for pointing that out. It appears it was one of the wrestling comics or a Gold Key reprint.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    Interesting, I didn't know there's a new Harbinger ongoing* (I got way behind on my comics over the pandemic and am really out of the loop regarding Valiant). I have mixed feelings about it. The early reactions here and at ComicBookRoundup are very positive, and I'm curious to see where they take the characters and concepts. On the other hand, Joshua Dysart's Harbinger and Imperium runs are among the most powerful comics I've ever read, and they relied very heavily on his particular vision and gifts. None of the non-Dysart work in the psiot-verse has been very exciting to me when I've sampled it, and I'm not too interested in the ongoing adventures of Peter and company if the work isn't first-rate.

I also don't remember where those characters were left the last time Valiant dipped into them.

In my opinion it's the best comic they're putting out right now. I mean, I love Shadowman, but The Harbinger is something special.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post

Now it seems to be an ongoing, based on the solicitations. Hope we won't have to wait 6 months between two story arcs as in the case of the Shadowman ongoing (#4 was published in July 2021, #5 is scheduled to be released in January 2022) - it's very frustrating to wait for such a long time IMHO
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Now it seems to be an ongoing, based on the solicitations. Hope we won't have to wait 6 months between two story arcs as in the case of the Shadowman ongoing (#4 was published in July 2021, #5 is scheduled to be released in January 2022) - it's very frustrating to wait for such a long time IMHO
    Well I think that gap had more to do with the artist change up, than anything else. I'm sure they'll have a break in between arcs too, but hopefully not long ones.

Manowar will be returning in 2022 though! Just saying, you'll find out a bit about it in tomorrow's issue :P.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

So it looks like Valiant started out as the precursor to WWE Magazine, complete with exclusive posters. WWF advertisements of the era. It's sort of this weird juxtaposition of setting stories in and outside of the ring and got cancelled after two issues. An inauspicious start for Valiant I must say.