Page 393 of 400 FirstFirst ... 293343383389390391392393394395396397 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,895 of 6000
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

We all knew that DMG wasn't a fit. Yeah, Covid did no one any favors so that makes it a wash with anyone else, as the article notes regarding payments to talent being late not unique to them.

Any chance Dinesh buys it back, at a discount price even perhaps? I don't want the company to fold, again, for any time understand me.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

What could also happen is that Valiant gets shut down but DMG holds onto the IP.

Latest Comics By Perch. Grim news for Valiant. I also suspect that IDW, Oni and Darkhorse fold in the next three years

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GFjMlCgsqo4
    Last edited by Anthony W; 08-05-2022 at 10:30 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Incredible Member

Dark Horse was bought by Embracer Group so I expect that to keep them afloat.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Everyone I think the doomsayers are out. I've spoken to someone at Valiant and I don't think it's going anywhere. They still have workers. Rich is not answering my email, which is fine. But again I've spoken to someone and it sounds like its business as usual. I have an interview with someone getting worked on, and they're still making comics.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

I can't believe Valiant had office space in Manhattan!

For real?

Hey Valiant? You're Valiant. Let's talk about this magical place called Anywhere. Freelancers can work from Anywhere. Anywhere is cheaper than Manhattan. DC realized that Anywhere was preferable to New York a long time ago. Why didn't you?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Davison View Post
    Everyone I think the doomsayers are out. I've spoken to someone at Valiant and I don't think it's going anywhere. They still have workers. Rich is not answering my email, which is fine. But again I've spoken to someone and it sounds like its business as usual. I have an interview with someone getting worked on, and they're still making comics.
    Then why don't we have October solicitations?

I read the first issue of "Book of Shadows" and liked it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    What book were they suppose to have out?

Book that was in the middle of an arc versus one that would start in October.

Incredible Member

Be a shame if they died again however they need better ownership. Who ever that might be. Last books I really enjoyed were Diggles Shadowman and Abnetts Rai. Wished I enjoyed more but just no sense of continuity.

Incredible Member

Check out the release calendar

https://valiantentertainment.com/events/

Book of Shadows #3 set to be released January 2023 (#2 comes out in September).

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    Be a shame if they died again however they need better ownership. Who ever that might be. Last books I really enjoyed were Diggles Shadowman and Abnetts Rai. Wished I enjoyed more but just no sense of continuity.
    Sadly they did have a good creative leader at the helm who took a risk move that allowed DMG to swoop in and take possession. DMG wasn't really interested in the publishing side but frankly have done nothing with the IPs in other media either. Covid didn't help anyone but Valiant under DMG has really suffered.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Well according to Previews Bloodshot #2 is coming out October 19th, and it looks like Book of Shadows #4 got pushed to next year, maybe?

Plus they announced the Harbinger movie today.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Yay! A Harbinger movie!

Another BC article.... I really wanna know wtf is going on at Valiant: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/vali...ok-of-shadows/
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Yay! A Harbinger movie!

Another BC article.... I really wanna know wtf is going on at Valiant: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/vali...ok-of-shadows/
    Just when I thought Valiant was getting their act together, we started getting this bad news. Movies are nice, but I love to read good books, please Valiant fix your publishing arm and stop disappointing your fans.