Page 61 of 400 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast

Okay, I will do that come the end of January. Imperium, Divinity, and Ninjak #1 are still a ways off so I got comic cash reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Wow it's really cool to see that you're enjoying Valiant so much. For me personally, Livewire and Aric are the breakout stars of Unity. Their friendship and growth were my favorite parts.
    I was looking through the collections again. I thought about Live Wire and came to the following conclusions. She just might be the best presentation of a black, female, superhero in comics with little competition. It's more than power. She isn't the most powerful of super humans. She is incredibly smart, attractive, and ethical on a fundamental level while still being tough. In spite of dealing with tough choices she never reads as crap stained like so many of Marvel's current roster or forced on us like DC. Her ethics lead her to go against the man who raised her, Toyo Harada, some one she loved like a father, to save a lot of innocent lives at personal cost and risk. Then she returned an immensely powerful item to the man she took it from because it was the right thing to do in spite of what it meant for her. Aric, being this anachronistic, white, European guy, respects her to no end as a result and is willing to put everything on the line to help her. Race, none of the history, or crazy social crap has been made an issue this was about two people trying to do the right thing in spite of obvious differences and bonding together and that makes it more powerful as a result showing the way it ought to be if that makes any sense... lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    I was looking through the collections again. I thought about Live Wire and came to the following conclusions. She just might be the best presentation of a black, female, superhero in comics with little competition. It's more than power. She isn't the most powerful of super humans. She is incredibly smart, attractive, and ethical on a fundamental level while still being tough. In spite of dealing with tough choices she never reads as crap stained like so many of Marvel's current roster or forced on us like DC. Her ethics lead her to go against the man who raised her, Toyo Harada, some one she loved like a father, to save a lot of innocent lives at personal cost and risk. Then she returned an immensely powerful item to the man she took it from because it was the right thing to do in spite of what it meant for her. Aric, being this anachronistic, white, European guy, respects her to no end as a result and is willing to put everything on the line to help her. Race, none of the history, or crazy social crap has been made an issue this was about two people trying to do the right thing in spite of obvious differences and bonding together and that makes it more powerful as a result showing the way it ought to be if that makes any sense... lol.
    Nice post.

Makes a lot of sense and great post. Plus I loved her stance in Harbingers after freeing Peter. She has no problem telling truth to power and out of loyalty and her own morality let him put her in exile because she felt the need to accept punishment from the person she follows. Out of the whole Valiant universe her and Faith constantly pull me in whatever story they participate in. LOVE EM
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

I wonder who's this girl with Harada and the robot?

Incredible Member

Okay, I will do that come the end of January. Imperium, Divinity, and Ninjak #1 are still a ways off so I got comic cash reserved.
    I'll put a not so subtle plug in for you to take a look at Ivar, Timewalker next month. Fred Van Lente's Archer & Armstrong was a joy to read from start to finish (make that two shameless plugs), and Timewalker looks to be much the same. Definitely worth your consideration as you continue to explore the Valiant Universe!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    I wonder who's this girl with Harada and the robot?
    Some sort of psychic I believe from the solicits. I'd like to see both Unity and the United working together to take on Harada's Imperium gang...that'd be bad ass.

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    Some sort of psychic I believe from the solicits. I'd like to see both Unity and the United working together to take on Harada's Imperium gang...that'd be bad ass.
    So she's like Livewire's replacement, I'm sure eventually we would get a Unity vs Imperium throw-down.

The Valiant Universe just keeps getting better and better.

Fantastic Member

So, since I got some Christmas money, went and bought Harbinger: Bleeding Monk #0 and Harbinger Omegas. Such a good story. Harada is definitely the most complex character in the Valiant U, as that last scene of threatening the POTUS then washing a refugee's feet. Dysart is simply killing it. Imperium needs to get here like now.

BANNED

I like Unity and I love Faith. I don't know what it is, but I'm still not sold on her as a member just yet. She seems out of place. Anyone else feel this way?

I totally feel that way. I suspect she'll be a short term (one arc) member. Eventually, the Renegades have to get back together.

Faith is the comic book character that is most like me, you, and all the other convention going comic fans that ever dreamed of being a superhero and having powers. Can't you just see her in a cosplay, running around quoting Tolkein and Trek while looking for a game of Magic or an RPG? She is all sweet, innocent, and caught up in high ideals and taking down bad people. To me she represents the dream of being a superhero suddenly encountering the reality of the situation and the resulting disillusionment of that ideal. She can't even tell who the bad people are only that she doesn't quite fit. Valiant comics seem more grounded in the present day times and reality questions of what if these super humans were real right now and the resulting issues that would develop. They have her representing us for telling this story. I do not know how it will turn out. Even if something like the Renegades rose again you can't go back, it'll never be the same, and that's something else I can see her dealing with. Do you really want to see Faith come face to face with an angry Toyo Harada, standing between him and something he wants, knowing full well what would happen to her? I don't know what her story holds but it should be interesting even if she dies.

Quote Originally Posted by R0NIN View Post
    The Valiant Universe just keeps getting better and better.
    Agreed.
    ...but I really would like to see more female characters.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Faith is the comic book character that is most like me, you, and all the other convention going comic fans that ever dreamed of being a superhero and having powers. Can't you just see her in a cosplay, running around quoting Tolkein and Trek while looking for a game of Magic or an RPG? She is all sweet, innocent, and caught up in high ideals and taking down bad people. To me she represents the dream of being a superhero suddenly encountering the reality of the situation and the resulting disillusionment of that ideal. She can't even tell who the bad people are only that she doesn't quite fit. Valiant comics seem more grounded in the present day times and reality questions of what if these super humans were real right now and the resulting issues that would develop. They have her representing us for telling this story. I do not know how it will turn out. Even if something like the Renegades rose again you can't go back, it'll never be the same, and that's something else I can see her dealing with. Do you really want to see Faith come face to face with an angry Toyo Harada, standing between him and something he wants, knowing full well what would happen to her? I don't know what her story holds but it should be interesting even if she dies.
    I'm really enjoying your posts Inhuman X. You pretty much sum up my feelings in a well thought out post....I bet you're a psiot aren't you? This is all some crazy eggbreaker scheme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Agreed.
    ...but I really would like to see more female characters.
    With Imperium and Timewalker coming out, it looks like we'll be getting some new females added into the Valiant universe. Hey maybe we'll even get a cool spy lady from Ninjak. In my opinion Valiant has been doing really well with establishing their female cast so I'm excited to see what 2015 has to offer.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider