Page 65 of 400 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Aric deserved to be on the top 10. It seems like Image, Marvel & Archie owned this year. Lack of IDW was disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    After reading some of your posts, I read some of the Axis related messages over on the Marvel board. Seems like a lot of people might be looking for a change after that one.
    Some comics and topics get better posts out me than others, as they deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    Nah dude it's even more bullshit than u think. Image and Archie were all over the list.
    I feel that way but I haven't come up with a way to kick CBR in the nads productively on the topic and I don't want to be one of those negative ranters we see everywhere. I want to be thoughtful on comics and positive where I can even though I can fail sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    From what I saw there were plenty of titles listed from Image Comics and even smaller publishers had atleast one mention. Based one what people post on this thread and what people have said about the ratings Valiant comics have been getting, it is a bit of a surprise for the list to not have even one title mentioned. Of course, I don't really take any list seriously and use it as more of an easy way to learn about new series. Still, I understand the sentiment that going 0 for 100 on the list is probably more of an oversight than anything.
    IDK Danmar. To me when you put your name up in lights on the internet and start posting reviews you are making a claim toward being professionals and as such you have no excuse for making such an oversight. You have to meet a higher standard. I know how many companies and books are out there and that it's hard to keep up with them all but with a site like this they need to put some checks in place to prevent this sort of thing from happening. I mean if you actually went through their own comic reviews and developed averages from the scores to make such a list it would disagree with their current ratings here at the end of the year. It's a bad kind of double speak with no honesty checks to see the good gets its due rather than who just finished strong or caught the light iof some one's eye last month. This is what I like rather than what I scored through the year...

Maybe I expect too much. But Valiant's quality speaks for itself in defense of my thoughts and feelings here. It is simply wrong to see them overlooked. Harbinger, Unity. X-O... All better than most everything out there in the top ratings and that's not just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    Well, considering some of the comics that made the list it is a shame that quality work like Harbinger and Unity was overlooked. Valiant is making some of the best comics today and if the reviewers here were not smart and savvy enough to know that I wouldn't want their votes anyway. We fans can take care of the problem by simply buying more and recommending them to people on the look out for new and good comics. They will help make sure Valiant gets it's due.

I went over and checked the Valiant release calendar on their site and did not see any Doctor Mirage comics listed after number 5. I might wait until a collection is released considering. When it comes to Shadowman perhaps I am best off waiting on a new series if it gets one.
    I agree 100% with ksbord, as does almost everyone I think (besides, I should mention, Power Torch). Imo, the third trade, which includes 0, 10, 11, and 12 is pretty good. As you'be heard, 0 and 10 are kind of amazing. 11 and 12 are very average, but it's kind of nice seeing Shadowman just having fun and going on regular every-day "missions". Also, I kind of enjoyed End Times. It's definitely middle-of-the-road, 3/5 stuff, but I think the concept of Shadowman crossing that morality line is kind of interesting.

I have a theory that Shadowman and Master Darque will be the focus of Valiant's next big event.

One more thing.. Dr. Mirage is just a 5 issue mini. I'm not the biggest fan, but it seems to be universally adored by everyone else.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

IDK Danmar. To me when you put your name up in lights on the internet and start posting reviews you are making a claim toward being professionals and as such you have no excuse for making such an oversight. You have to meet a higher standard. I know how many companies and books are out there and that it's hard to keep up with them all but with a site like this they need to put some checks in place to prevent this sort of thing from happening. I mean if you actually went through their own comic reviews and developed averages from the scores to make such a list it would disagree with their current ratings here at the end of the year. It's a bad kind of double speak with no honesty checks to see the good gets its due rather than who just finished strong or caught the light iof some one's eye last month. This is what I like rather than what I scored through the year...

Maybe I expect too much. But Valiant's quality speaks for itself in defense of my thoughts and feelings here. It is simply wrong to see them overlooked. Harbinger, Unity. X-O... All better than most everything out there in the top ratings and that's not just my opinion.
    +1 Very well said Inhuman.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

I'll say again, I definitely understand the sentiment regarding how people in this thread are feeling towards the list. I will say that they are professionals in regard to giving their best opinion on the medium. It won't always line up with how other people feel. That's just the way it goes. If people are confused as to why Valiant wasn't included at all, you an always ask in the comment section of the article itself and also how voting was tallied.

http://www.vulture.com/2014/12/valia...hamdasani.html

I dont know if this was posted already but it was pretty frickkin heartwearming and thought you all might enjoy it.

happy new year (in a hour)

After reading some of your posts, I read some of the Axis related messages over on the Marvel board. Seems like a lot of people might be looking for a change after that one.
    I thought about this again and as a result I went over to the Marvel forum, hunted up the AXIS rating thread, and wrote a pitch on that just to make the point to some of them. Good comics deserve it. I will probably be assassinated.

Happy New Year everyone.

Lot of good comics coming our way.

Lot of good comics coming our way.
    Fingers crossed!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    I have a theory that Shadowman and Master Darque will be the focus of Valiant's next big event.
    Oh, I would love that. It would be awesome to get more Shadowman in 2015.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Fantastic Member

From Valiant's Twitter Feed:

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of DC View Post

These look like the characters to look out for in 2015.

Not long now.
    I can't wait
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Incredible Member

Timewalker looks amazing, but Divinity is the one that has me most intrigued. Curious how to see a cosmic level being interacts with the other characters. You know a collision course with Unity is in the cards!

Nice Valiant "buy one get one free" sale going on over at Comixology:

http://bit.ly/ValiantBOGO
    Thanks for heads up! Used deal to finish up A&A series (#'s 9-25) I've got some reading to carry me over until next books come out!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 37 View Post
    Thanks for heads up! Used deal to finish up A&A series (#'s 9-25) I've got some reading to carry me over until next books come out!
    I be hatin cause I have to wait untill the end of the month before buying more comics.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?